It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live satellite viewing....is it possible from home?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have a friend that claims he can view anywhere in the world live satellite images of the earth. Is this possible? He states that he uses software called: "No Satellite" and has to use a military clearance, which I am pretty sure he dos not have...he was just a grunt in Nam.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I have a friend that claims he can view anywhere in the world live satellite images of the earth. Is this possible? He states that he uses software called: "No Satellite" and has to use a military clearance, which I am pretty sure he dos not have...he was just a grunt in Nam.

Its possible. But hardly available to your average user.
Either one of 3 things are happening here.
1. Your mate is and was more than just a grunt in Nam. Way more.
2. He is himself or he has contacts that are able to hack into live sattelite imagery. I dont think I need to point out the kind of hardware and knowledge needed to do this without getting caught. Also, its one think to hack into the feed of a sattelite, its something else to control it.
3. He is a big fat liar.

okay okay, number 4: He is filthy rich.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

I am leaning towards number three. He is lying.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

While it could be possible that your friend is just telling "stories" there is also the possibility that he has friends in "high places". You might be amazed at how many " just your average Joe nobodies" have personal contacts that you would never dream of. I wouldn't judge until more evidence is in- unless you have caught your friend putting his foot in his mouth a few times before.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
[ I wouldn't judge until more evidence is in- unless you have caught your friend putting his foot in his mouth a few times before.

I cannot count how high he has been caught in his own BS without a calculator. I am trying to find hard proof for a friend that believes his BS. I want to prove to him the average Joe does not have access to live satellite feed of any place of his choosing.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

I cannot count how high he has been caught in his own BS without a calculator..

Well in that case I quite understand as I know a few of that kind myself. My guess would be the sort that tells a tall tale so many times that they start believing the story themselves. I wish you luck with that one friend!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I thought there were private companies providing digital satellite imageries
Could he be working for one of these companies ?
LINK1
LINK2

new topics

top topics

join