It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampire sightings

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Confession: I did a google search and found this site, and this particular thread, which compelled me to make this account less than a minute ago

Anyways.... I wouldn't exactly say this is a vampire accusation, but it was strange indeed.... It was a few years ago (the actual passing of time seems to elude me, years start to run together after awhile) it was early in the morning and I had just woken up, but to my surprise I wasn't alone. Although I never saw a face, just a feminine hand underneath my own - like you know how people sometimes "spoon" with one arm under the other person's body... The hand was very smooth, pale, and cold. The nails were painted black, like my own, but I knew it was not mine seeing as how my nails are not that well kept & the paint was chipping away. This hand was perfect. I was baffled of course, but no frightened, just quiet confused... I held the hand in my own, I felt it so I know I wasn't imagining things. But when I looked behind me to see who it was, nobody was there. Just vanished in the blink of an eye. My door wasn't open, the windows were closed (I live in a very old house, which is rumored to be an old church, and nothing in it has been updated except some electrical work and such, and I have to physically remove the storm window from the outside & put in the screen window - which i have yet to bother to do) so i have no clue as to where and how this being just up and vanished. The experience has stuck with me, although it happened in a matter of less than 5 minutes & I've never seen anything since.
By the way, I live in a very small town in eastern Illinois, population less than 100....
I'm not prone to supernatural occurances, well, (except that sometimes the things I dream end up actually happening...)but since then I've had a bit of an obsession with finding out the truth....

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by what.i.saw.was.real.

Wow, can you tell us what they are amd what they look like?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
DarknessForever (I know you eventually admitted to being a fake, but I still feel inclined to point things out... annoying habbit, I know...)

"No, but if I look into their eyes I can "influence" their thoughts and make them do what I want. "

Vampire Diaries - Damon does it quiet often...

"I once knew a very old and powerful vampire that could turn into a vapor so he fit though cracks."

Are you familiar with the Ravenloft novels? Particularly the first one, "Vampire in the Mist". We have a few in my high school library.... the elfin vampire whom I can't currently recall the name, did this little trick....

....just throwin' that out there.... there's been a few thing's I've been meaning to comment on throughout reading this thread from start to finish, but only about page 26 did I think to start a textedit file to remind me of my readings.... (note to no one imparticular - have you noticed how texting seems to deplete your spelling skills? Seriously, I keep noticing typos left & right, & I tend to be an obnoxious perfectionist when it comes to my writings...)

"Yes, there is something I would like to personally share. It's basically the vampire origin legend. It was told to me by a much older vampire. It dates back around 3000 BC some were in Europe. it was passed down orally through generations, so I'm not sure how true this really is, but then again vampire generations are much longer than yours. "

And as for your Vamp-creation tale, did this take place before or after the destruction of the Garden of Eden? According to my studies (of witchcraft books, religious scripture, and various online sources & my uncanny ability to put two & two together with what info is given) The very first vampire [written about] was one by the name of Lillith, who was said to have seduced Adam in the garden...

rapunzel22

"if you are aliens is your home planet dark i.e. far way from the sun? is this why you prefer darkness? "

Maybe vampire's are from the famed planet X, of which Pluto is possibly a moon to, and that which is slowly getting closer and closer to our range of site among the stars... supposively in 2012 it might coliide with the earth, or come dangerously close to it, but that's not only amongst the many many 2012 theories, but also a bit of topic....

[edit on 10-2-2010 by CorpseGrindMistress]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Egret

"Perhaps humans were capable of doing these "magics" or whatever you might call them, and over hundreds of thousands of years, we lost these abilities as we evolved, conformed and grew in new environments."

Para-Magic, or magicks, as some call them, is said to be a form of energy manipulation. As we all know, energy is a very real thing, everything requires energy to thrive. This does not exclude the air, water, fire, and earth. Which are elements often associated with said "magicks." I do not believe that people have lost the ability to manipulate such energy via ritual meditation and strength of mind, only that they have grown to fear such concepts due to the rise of Christianity so many ages ago which deemed such practices "devil's craft." (and human-kind has a habit of claiming that of which we fear as unrealistic, whatever the case) Although, if you analyze the history of Jesus, how could walking on water & then turning that water into wine, not be considered magick? The same with Moses parting the Red Sea... Those people back then still had a grasp on the concept of energy manipulation via the power of thy own spirit [mind] , yet that was never exactly written down in any book.... but it is to be assumed... after all, they worship God, who was technically a Pagan belief system, only the egotistical, male dominated society deemed it unnecessary to worship the Goddess & therefore erased Her memory & burned Her religious sanctuaries as well as slaughtered her followers.... such hypocritical heathens....

"My eyes change to gold all the time."

I've seen this. Not on you, of course. But a friend of mine has eyes that change color with her mood. When she's angry you'd always know because her eyes would be a golden yellow. Sometimes they'd be a brilliant emerald green, and others a sky blue, I even recall seeing them hazel once. And no, it wasn't colored contacts, because I've observed them change throughout our days at school... it's a very small town, I'd know if she was sneaking into the bathroom to change lenses.... & no she's not a vampire, kiddos, she recently gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, and the last I checked, the technically dead can't give birth.

Anyways, back to the vampires... I have this theory in progress (as well as being enthralled with folklore, I also study wicca - not practice as of yet, I prefer to have a firm understanding of a concept before playing with things I don't necessarily know, & I study astrology as well as being a bit of an art buff) It's on the topic of Stonehenge. As anyone knows who follows folklore & history in general, the structure is in England, where a significant amount of vampire tales are based, and is typically associated with witchcraft (which seems to always go hand in hand with the undead). Nobody really knows the exact date of its origin, and nobody knows the exact date of vampiric-origin either. But the reason I bring it up is the structure itself, the way it was built (not the way it lines up with celestial bodies - that part I have yet to come to a conclusion on other than the fact that witches were among some of the greatest and most wise astrologers of their era - supposably ((none of these things are proven, sooo)) & often used celestial formations in their rituals... anyways, I have a bad habit of getting of topic) but the formation of a rock slab balanced on top of two other slabs of stone like so was said to keep the dead from rising (vampires..?), & archaeologists have dug up various graves around Stonehenge. Given the era that Stonehenge was probably built, I'm sure it was in, or before, the Dark Ages when vampire hysteria was at its very best... or worst, depending on your point of view....

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
well, i don't believe that vampires exist, and if they did that sucks for them, literally
but really they live to keep their lives a secret, and if they were real we would've know about them

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
BringMeTheHorizon (good band, btw) Ponder this, would the government make us aware of something that would cause mass hysteria among the general population? Of course not. So they deem these things (vampires, aliens, etc.) to be figments of our imagination & simple folklore of the ages. Even though evidence of both aliens & vampires has been evident throughout many cultures throughout the history of mankind. How can so many cultures over the ages who have had zero form of communication with each other have such similarities in their tales? It's odd...
& aliens,seriously, to believe that earth is the only planet which contains life throughout the entire universe is just plain ignorance. People have seen aliens, take Rosewell for example, people have began to speak out about those events, & they admit that government officials threatened them and their families with their lives if they told anybody about what they saw. These people are aged nowadays, so really don't have very long left to live anyways, so what's there to lose?
Now if the government erased all documentation of the events that happened there on the subject of aliens, then what's stopping them from doing the same for vampires?
For anyone to believe that the government and anyone in politics will ever tell the truth is pure stupidity at its finest. There's a lot they destroy, and don't make publicly available. The only people who truly know the terror of war, for example, are those who are involved. The news leaves out significant details & doesn't cover a lot of the happenings. Even whole sections of history are left out text books if it doesn't do the country justice. I guarantee German school teachers don't dwell on the holocaust as much as we do here in America because those occurrences are an embarrassment to their country. Wars lost are also wars forgotten in time. The next thing we know, a hundred or so years down the line, nazi's will be deemed nothing but figments of the world's imagination as well...

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have a story for you. about 5-8 yrs ago, I don't keep journals of the things I see so I generally tell them in a time range. Anyhow, I have seen spirits since I was 5ish maybe longer who knows that is just around the time that I can remember. So I am no stranger to things that go bump in the night, and since this experience some friends and I had a paranormal investigation team for about 3 yrs. I still can't explain what I saw that night.
I used to work at a Lowe's in Northern Ohio, I worked night shift stocking shelves. For about a month prior to this inscident I had some strange things happening. Something immitating a coworkers voice saying my name, and in the overstock cage out back I had walked from one end to the other, and I heard footsteps directly behind me. I swiftly turned around and nothing at all...I could even hear it's breath.
One night I had to go out to bring in the bunks of lumber from that days delivery, and as I turned right leaving the entrance of the gate, there was a man standing about 200 feet from me in colonial style attire, and long black hair(I know this takes some credibility away being so stereotypical, but that is how it was). This thing radiated evil, I have had all kinds of chills and goosebumps from all manners of somethings and nothings. This thing made my skin literally feel like it was crawling. What really sold me on the vampire idea wasn't his clothes, but how he faded out.
Most spirits you look at them and they fade out or just aren't there. This thing it was like he just moved so fast he left a short trail and was gone. I don't know how else to describe it. Almost like shifting, or perhaps he really did just move that fast????
Anyways that's my story.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CorpseGrindMistress

Geoffery Wainwright, president of the Society of Antiquaries of London, and Timothy Darvill of Bournemouth University have suggested that Stonehenge was a place of healing – the primeval equivalent of Lourdes.[24] They argue that this accounts for the high number of burials in the area and for the evidence of trauma deformity in some of the graves. However they do concede that the site was probably multifunctional and used for ancestor worship as well.[25]

en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting theory, but I would need a bit more evidence before I put any iota of belief into it.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Tell me what dreams may come...
Entertaining angels doesn't only apply to the good ones.
Take me here, thoughts all gone,...
Take me out of here....
What is reality?
Tell me,
Take me there,
Take me there,
to days long gone...
Am I a Nephilim?
Or just dreaming I am one...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CorpseGrindMistress

personally i agree. i think vampires exist; are probably an alien species. and the govt knows and keeps it secret, either cuz the vamps are in charge of us, or cuz they dont think people could 'handle the truth' that these could exist. or they just dont want the hassel maybe.

not possible in my view for cultures all over the world to have the same stories of blood drinking demons with fangs in humanoid form and various other similarities. all cultures have the same myths, and similar appearance for these 'demons' (or shud i say, fallen angels?) or 'shining ones' maybe???

check out the statues of the vampires at the archaeological site of st augustin in columbia. yes, they have very clear fangs, ALL the statues do. also interestingly, this ancient culture knew about caesarian births. twilight anyone? or eve and the 'serpent' maybe?

many cultures have depictions in art and masks and on temples of fanged humanoids. referred to as 'gods or demons. also many religions are based around BLOOD, blood sacrifice, human sacrifice, and blood drinking. um... why??? has anyone thought to consider that? the GODs needed a steady supply of BLOOD. that much is clear from ancient religion it would seem. also this blood sustained them, giving life - see central american/aztec religions...

interesting also is blue aliens. if you look at depictions in art of indian and chinese gods, they are invariably shown to have blue or green skin.

i think there's no doubt we share the planet wiht diff species of aliens. and one of them made us 'in their image'.... so one of them should look, 'just like us' you'd think... be a bit hard to spot the alien then wudnt it?

funny also that superman - an alien - was depicted in a blue suit. (blue skin???). also that like vampires, he had superhuman speed and strength.
and access to crystal type technology for storing information from another planet..

oh theres also a species of alien with elongated heads - such heads found all over the world. NOT skull binding, as the cranial CAPACITY or VOLUME is larger than human skull very apparantly and also some dont have same plates on tope of skull that human skulls would. not deformity either; cant have thousands of skulls worldwide in different sites with the same deforminty. that's a RACE not a deformity... idiots...
funy this RACE is associated with egypt, malta, nazca, paracas, russia, marquesas - anywhere interesting basically.

the naga in asia i believe were probly a race of aliens... but asia definitely has a lot of demon stories.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zouler

well the one i'd be most surprised about existing would be the 'honest politician'. the rest are probly just alien species living on earth of some type or other humanoid species we share the planet with but that are quite secretive and keep a low profile.

btw, giants are real and did and do exist. read solomon island mysteries from amazon.com and do some online research. tons found in nrth america in mounds, covered up and 'lost' by smithsonian; newspaper articles about finds; fossilized giants found (destroyed in the 'flood' like the bible says maybe??) in nth america and ireland - one on display at museum for a while; australian aborigines say giants were earliest humans living in australia; also believe in race of 'hobbits or dwarves'; solomon islanders know all about giants, did and do still share an island with them; interbreeding has occurred and living hybrids still exist in solomons; also a race of dwarves on the solomons; giant stories in greek and roman mythology - ajax the giant; hercules who built tiryns - a megalithic fortress you can google to see the stones; malta giant stories of the giantess who built gigantia - another megalithic structure; (huge stones); stories that baalbeck was built by giants on orders of an ancient king; scandanavian and uk giant legends; giant graves across europe; sardinia - tomba di gigantia; giant beds - hunnenbedden; hunnengraber; in new zealand apparntly they've found a race of giants and dwarves (little people) and have skeletons/mummies etc but there's an archaeological embargo imposed by the government on the release of this information. the remains are being destroyed.

and so on and on. a MAJOR archaeological cover up is underway. probably i suspect because this stuff may have links to ets etc; which is top secret etc.

YOUR GOVERNMENT IS LYING TO YOU; its lying to archaoelogical students and experts; and spreading propaganda in schools and unis; its using brainwashing techniques on uni archaeology students so they dismiss this stuff as ridiculous before they look into it; its hiding evidence and telling experts there's 'nothing to see here'. except for the ones who know, of course.. it would be instant career death for an archaeologists to subscribe to any of these theories or even to keep an open mind. they would never work again. these are supposed to be scientists with open minds investigating the history of the human race.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have some information some of you may find interesting. I found this book in my library called history of vampires and it talked about this wealthy girl who lived in the kingdom of hungary. Her name was Elizabeth Bathory, also known as the blood countess. She was the most prolific female serial killer in history. After her husband died she went on a murdering rampage and killed over 600 girls/ young women. She was bisexual and would rape the girls and bath in the blood of the virgin's because she thought it would make her live forever. She was bricked in a set of rooms and died four years later.
p.s. this all happened around 1610.
HOPE YOU FIND THIS USEFULLL and btw you can look up paintings of her on google and such

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wow, haven't been on this thread for a while now. Anyway I have been reading a few stories on here, and it seems to me that vampires, supposedly are spotted in rural, small town areas. Never near the major cities and such, I wonder why small rural areas instead of major cities. Even though I have never encountered with vampires or anything like that.

Trinity - Paper Tongues

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
hey guys,
im new to this site. im 13 and i was just wondering, how can you meet a vampire, where can you find them,how can you be sure that they are a vampire(cuz i dont want the person to think im a phsco), and how can you make them turn you into a vampire? if anyone on this site knows any answers to any questions please let me know, i am absessed with vampires, i want to be like them! PLEASE !!!! tell mee!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Define Vampire... There are so many " vampires"

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bilge

You should not "kid" yourself, so to say, the closer you are the further away you may be. I did not intend a pun there, but that seems to be what happened.
Anyway, if you go looking for one seriously, you may just find one. Then again, perhaps you would not find one at all. Anything that wants to remain unseen will try its best to until a time comes when it may think otherwise.
There is one thing to think about when searching for anything such as this: there was once a reporter who did and she happens to have disappeared. Along this thought line, there was a certain person who posted they were going off to somewhere in Europe on a search for vampires. Perhaps they have simply forgotten about the thread, however, they do have yet to return and post any results of what they may or may not have found...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bilge

Hey you.
Listen, have you been watching the news lately? Anyone can claim to be a Vampire, and, even if they do exist, don't go looking. The Internet can let anyone be who they want to, and if some regular guy knows you're just 13, they can take advantage of that, use the Internet to create a whole story saying their immortal etc... they could be a raving loony using a cover story to lure you into danger. Would you like to be extinct forever?

What I'm saying is just be careful who you're speaking to. Do your parents know you're even on here? As long as you don't give out ANY personal information, where you live, contact number, you'll be ok...

Anyways. You're more likely to meet a 'Vampire' face to face, than through the internet...guaranteed. And without knowing too!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I once knew a kid in a high school in Calgary AB who said that he and his sister were vampires and killed people. Well actually he never said that to me, but to my girlfriend, so I guess this merely amounts to gossip. The poor kid was obviously mentally ill though (was once on anti depressants as a child), he had poor hygiene, did not have an er, typical vampire physique (he was quite doughy). This sounds a little mean I guess, but my point is why are so many "vampires"/enthusiasts so completely insane?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Welcoming the virgins fair, to live a noble life
In the castle known to all - the count's internal wife
She invites the peasants with endless lavish foods
But, when evening spreads it wings, she rapes them of their blood
Countess Bathory
Countess Bathory

All day long the virgins sit and feast on endless meals
The countless laughs and sips her wine - her skin doth crack and peel
But when nighttime fills the air one must pay the price
The countess takes her midnight bath with blood that once gave life
Countess Bathory
Countess Bathory

Living in her self styled Hell, the countess dressed in black
Life's so distant - death's so near - no blood to fury time back
The castle walls are closing in, she's crippled now with age
Welcomes death with open arms - the reaper turns the page
Countess Bathory
Countess Bathory

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
hi im from the uk and i have always had a thing for vampires.
i believe they are real even know i havent seen one. i mean just because you havent seen something doent mean its not real.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join