It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampire sightings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

Actually, there was another vampie topic where there was a person who thought not ONLY that Dracula was the first vampire, but that he really was a count. But he and Bathory were by no means similar, in any way other than their drinking blood and killing people. Bathory was a sicko. Dracula was a warlord, and prince of Wallachia. He did the things he did to scare away the enemies and defend his land. In that land, he is supposedly still considered a hero. Where are the people calling bathory anything more than a Royal Psycho?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levita

Where are the people calling bathory anything more than a Royal Psycho?

I was merely putting forward the link that their lust for blood earned them the reputation. Neither of them were 'vampires', but their reputation preceeded them.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Ahh. I see. So it was me being assumptive and misinterpretive. Excuse that, if you would. I thought you were saying otherwise. I hope that didn't come across as mean, though I was actually getting aggrivated for a while. There is such an insane excess of people here who don't know their history, and say silly things, it is just annoying. But sorry. (Where IS your picture from? Is that a shadow?)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have similar symptoms ...
my symptoms:
- I hate sunlight
- I'm hyper at night and can't sleep
- I am tired during the day
- I get headaches daily
- I'm always hungry
- I feel strange when I see blood
- I am sensitive to bright lights
- Sometimes I hear things better than a normal person and sometimes I'm practically deaf.
- It feels good when I'm outside underneath the moon
- I sense things
- I have almost drowned, and got hit by a car but I'm still alive.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i dont want people to call me crazy but
.....last summer me and my family moved into this new apartment in a very wierd nieghbor hood a couple of nights after moving in i would hear strange noises coming from outside my window and mind you im on the second floor.everynight it sounded like someone would walk back and forth underneath my window then stop and stay there for the rest of the night.i told my mom about it but she said it was just my imagination then the next night i was laying in bed asleep when i woke up to the sound of two men talking in my room i opend my eyes to mere slits to peak at who it was the two men were about 6"4 and 6" and were waering all black one had brown hair and the other had sandy blond they seemed to be fighting over somthing and i was to scared to even move i kept my breathing to an even pace and just watched then one of them moved towards my bed and i shut my eyes waiting for somthing to happen but nothing did because when i opened my eyes. my mom was in my room looking around. i sat up in bed and asked her if she had invited any of her friends over but she said no then told me to go to sleep. the next morning i woke up and went to take a shower i looked down at my arm to find blood runing down it when i washed my arm off i found no cut (i checked every were) i never told my family of what happend then the next morning my little sister came to me explaing things that happend to her last night the same thing that happend to me with the same people and everything she even said she woke with blood runing down her left arm wich was the same arm i had blood on. i dont know who those two guys were or what they did but ithink i encountered vampires that night same as my sister.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkhunter008

You just copied and pasted this into both threads, didn't you?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

yes srry when i first posted it here it didnt show up i think theres somthing wrong with my computer. but anyways i decided to post it on another one and it did show up srry.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well, as i said before, it is an interesting experience to be able to tell.
Computers can be pretty dumb sometimes, eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

yeah well if i ever got the chance to meet them again i would but not alone

hahah yeah thats deff. true.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Darkhunter008]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

But then, so many of these things seem much more often to occur to those who are alone at the time. BEKs and shadows follow a similar patter, i'd say. People seem to see them more often when alone. I do NOT think they're all the same, but i do think that it would be unlikely that if you were to see them again, that you would be in the company of others, unfortunately. As for why, i wouldn't know. Maybe they're thinking the humans will go to that strength in numabers business and overpower them. Though that idea isn't needed to prevail over shadows, and i don't think it would be the same for BEKs either. I think for both their types, it would be a thing where the idea is "the less the merrier", because people would be more scared the less accompaniment they had. Theoretically, o.c.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AeroQuake

i have to say ur correct on some things but not all, yes some ppl like ppl known with the "vampiric diseases" known as PORPHYRIA, its where the production of heme is abnormal. Heme is one of the major building blocks of red blood cells – the cells that carry oxygen. people of this illness are sensitive to sunlight, there hair grows faster and there teath would have a strange redish tint.

some other diseases like this are:
Catalepsy
and Anemia

catalepsy is where the afflicted goes into a suspended animation-like state that can resemble death. this can last form any where to a few day's to weeks, these fits make people see hear and understand everything that is going on around them, but can not do interact in any way. thease fits also lower a pulse. in old times when people were worries of the smell of death and of wild animals and vermin eating there love ones they would be barried away quickly so not to stink anything up, and as a result when there fits ended if they did not die of sufication they would try to franticly claw out leaving the world with rumors of vampire that had nails grow longer and hair grow, and screaming fromt he grave..oooo creepy lol

but seriously any of thease 3 illnesses are strange and very deadly, some casese of porphyria though very rare, require the person in qestion to eat animal liver or get blood transplant becuase there livers grow swollin and like a spunge obsorbe blood rather than filter it.

but a real vampire not one of with no refection or garlic fetish, there are sightings as early as 4 years ago. they are common and for u non belivers saying things about god and religion, the first ever vampire report is in the bible.

there u go a bit of history and some medical lesson dont worry its on the house..

-alwasy jester

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

well u have a very good point but i would be more interested in how they survived so long and some little secrets not over powering but u r rite they do seem to come mostley when people are alone

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here's an intersting experience that was reported to me second hand by my daughter in law -

She and a friend went backpacking while they were in Europe - at the time she was a young and quite beautiful (and still is beautiful
outgoing with a lovely personality - while in Switzerland - Geneva - they stayed with a young man whose name had been givn them by a friend in the states...My daughter in law described him as tall, attractive, very pale, always wore sunglasses and disliked sunlight intensely, slept during the day as often as possible and...they never saw him eat the whole time they were there...However he did show them around the city - my daughter in law was very interested in an old church she had seen in the city and wanted to pay a visit and see the interior - the exterior was striking in that it had a pentacle shaped stained glass window and wolves carved into the sides of the building much the gargoyles you see on old cathedrals...she thought the inside would be at least as interesting - the young man told her that tourists were not allowed to go inside, that the church was over a thousand years old and the locals were very protective of it......

Instead he took them night clubbing at his favorite haunt - when the girls walked in with him - many in the club turned and literally hissed at them as they passed...the young man told them not to pay any mind - he said a few words to his friends and all was lovely jubbly after that but my daughter in law was beginning to wonder - one day near the end of her visit she asked him straight up if there was a community of vampires in Geneva - his answer - " I can't talk about that. Please say no more about it"...they left the next day....

When they got back to the states my daughter in law asked her friend ( the one who had recommended the young man in Geneva) if their Swiss friend was a vampire...Her friend said much the same thing as the young man in Geneva but strangely did not deny it either....it remains a mystery but on which leaves much room for interesting speculation, does it not?

And what would be a more fitting place than Switzerland - the one place that
is untouched by war where all players hide their money in numbered accounts - the wealth of the world in a neutral zone...watched over by the remnant of an old race....

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhunter008

I wouldn't know how they wold survive so long, assuming those people, if really real vampires, would even live long. Mythologically, there have been vampires who only existed for days after burial. Supposedly, living beings (as in Us,) we can live for 140 years + if we take good care of our bodies, but then no one does that. But hey, if i'm still around in 120 more years, i'll send you a u2u. Those people, you know, if they were a type of vampire, i would not be one of the people who could tell you how they live so long- if they live long. And considering the people here who will profess to know all about how things work with their type are the ones who give the most doubtable respnses- much to the frustration of people such as i who seek "the truth" on matters such as this- we may just never know.

reply to post by realshanti

Your account is most interesting, tankyou for posting it. What most interests me- though i know it has no purpose as i will surely never know- is why they were hissing at him, and what were THEY, that they were hissing at him?
But then, were thay just hissing, or really hisssing? Sometimes people hiss incorrectly and just sound conjested.
(seriously, Halloween-loving friends are fun, but the conjested hiss....)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

ys that would be hard to figure out and for the ones that got staked in thier graves vampire or not i feel bad for them

its funny how we're talking on two different posts on the same subject

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

that was a very interesting post has your daughter ever thought of going back to look for him or to go back to that club uyou mentioned

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Levita

they were hissing at the girls - presumably because they were outsiders - the young man spoke to the patrons and they ceased...freaked the girls out a bit however...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkhunter008

that was a very interesting post has your daughter ever thought of going back to look for him or to go back to that club you mentioned

nah - they never have to this day - I think they thought it best to leave well enough alone

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join