It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampire sightings

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Like I said on page 23, this thread is full of role players. The grammar is indeed that of children or those who need to learn and anyone can play a "Vampire" role. These silly stories of "I died in 1655 or 1948" right off of Twilight books is quite funny. Again, why would any Vampire care to tell their whole tale and answer questions to their next meal or random humanity? 99% or even 100% fake. This thread is for "sightings" not role play. Please proceed to those forums, children. If we wish to hear role playing we will also Google those forums.

Let's keep things real in these forums. This is why such things are laughed at. Because I was laughing yet again...

Light,

Egret

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Mr. Egret, you ruin the fun. I was going to have them answer various questions with obscure answers to prove them fakes.

I agree with Mr. Egret here, however. If you have been been around for a while, then you will have at least a semblance of correct grammar, never mind the spelling.

The fact that a person can not even go check to make sure they are spelling different words properly, is a statement of utter laziness.

The second fact, that so far all of these persons who post here, have typed in some form of modern english, is telling as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You know I was trying so hard to believe that people had dignity enough not to try and fool everyone, but I was wrong again. This last vampire tale is truly false, I'm sorry I don't mean to be disrespectful, but apparently he has no respect either. *shakes head*

But I don't want to be rude. Maybe he truly believes he is. I guess thats not my all to make.

Well, anyway, I was here to post not really a face to face encounter, but more of a feeling encounter. I don't know how to explain it entirely but I'll do my best. It happened when I was walking home from work two nights ago:

I had heard reports of mugging and shootings in my area so I took along a small box cutter just incase, though I knew very well that it wouldn't have done a thing if I was really attacked. It was only 8 o'clock, but the days get darker much to quickly now. I was trying very carefully to walk fast down a long road that was pretty populated with old houses, and I knew if I were to scream someone would easily hear me. Anyway. I was almost home when I decided that it was still safe enough to cut through my favorite park. I didn't want to go home yet, I had an argument that morning with my roommate and now that the fear subsided my anger started to reboil, so I though I could just walk if off again. Upon reaching a large halloween-ish tree I looked up and just because I do random things I yelled "Why don't you come down from there and stop stalking me!" Of course I felt embarrassed from my outburst and intended on running away before someone saw. But then I froze. You know when you get that feeling that something is behind you, not like a person, but like an object so you instinctively arch your back so you don't back into it. It was sort like that feeling, but I knew nothing was around. My mind didn't jump to mugger, I would have heard them otherwise. It felt like I should have run, I felt a stab in my lower back aching from the invisible piercing gaze from the thing behind me. But as quickly as I felt it, it was gone. I turned and felt a sort of panic attack starting, but I knew better then to make a scene. I rushed home, thanking god when I found a note on the table saying that my roommate had to work that night and left an hour before I even finished work. It took me a bit to calm down, and I shut every shade in my apartment, not that it would have done much good if whatever is was wanted to get in. But now that I think back, I wonder if it was just my imagination; silly mind games. Or if it had to be something if it was just a spiritual presence. Well, make whatever you want with that, I no it just freaked me out!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ah, Tarius, no fun ruined. Just Truth. Vampyres aren't one to "spill all" like it's a talk show of some kind on random forums. I must also add I am a Miss; however, that is not important.

Sad to say this thing I'm typing on even has spell check as you're typing. So bad grammar isn't an excuse unless you speak from days of Olde or one is just lazy or merely has bad grammar? Or if English is your second language I too, can understand that. Honestly, if one does is, it's not their fault per say...but if you're going to make a bold statement about being a Vampyre... then at LEAST not make it laughable. I know it will continue once this page gets buried. It's amusing, nonetheless. When I happen to come back to this thread and read the new posts I think, "Hah, here we go again with the childish Role Playing." Some was quite creative. But I don't know why sightings get turned into 30 people claiming to be Vampyres and why those aren't off topic?

Believe, very interesting story. And very honest. No fireworks or that you died in 1233 by a French Vampyre that was passing by and you wish to tell all. I applaud you. I too, have felt that many times in the past. Especially when I used to go to goth clubs in Los Angeles. Though, oddly enough, I'm not gothic at all. Let's just say I was...drawn...when I was a little younger. Though, I'm still young in most eyes. I do not mean to be nebulous. Anyhow, Instinct can pick them out like moths drawn to a flame. I've seen a few that I knew to be real. I suppose that was my "sighting?"

Might I also mention (personal note) I have a rather nasty habit of turning off street lights, even whole neighborhoods. Walking or driving. If I wander near a light, poof, its out. Let's just say between having gold eyes (yes, gold, if you knew me you would vouch for that one) and doing that, among other things, I have an audience I don't wish for. I've also had many experiences I would rather not talk about in a public forum..let's just say quite terrifying in my past. So, those that have posted some of those things, you're not alone. But enough about myself. I like to stay enigmatic for the most part; that is all I will say.

Also, more sightings would be most delicious to hear. Let's keep this thread real.

Role Players = go to your role playing forums. I don't think people on here are THAT unintelligent. It's not nice to lie....

Light,

Egret

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by liam1948
hay my name is liam and belive me we exist

i was born 1948 i wasnt all ways a vampire i was turned at the age of 16 i have been sixteen for a while now as u can imgine

in 1964 i was at home it was very late in to the night i was with my mum and my two younger brothers

when but later that night out house caught alight i was the only one who survived my mum and two younger brothers died sleeping i had run out side but i had a lot of harmful chemical's and smoke in my lungs and a 6 inche hole in my gut i was bleed to death on the sidewalk near are home i started coughing when i saw this dark pair of boots beside me i turned over and looked up and there was a man standing there look down strangley at me he said his name was Camuel du Coudray he asked me if i was afraid i repleyed yes he spoke in a quiet voice dont be my soon u have been brave enougth for one night and asked me if i wanted to live i replyed live so he put his hand to my mouth and said bite i did i cud feel the blood dancing wth my tastebuds it was such a rush and then my body started to swerve from control i awoke the next mornin to find my self healed and alive but in a strange place it turned out i was at Camuel estat in frace as soon as i told me what had happed we snuck back to england in a ferry in 1965 he taught me everything how to hunt to stay silent in the shadows and most ofall how to survive he was like the father i never got to met then 1986 came around and i awoke one night to find Camuel gone i sespect he went back to attend things at his estate but i belive he is all ways keeping a close eye but now a days we cant hunt and feed as much as we like and the reason we dont come out is cos u humans fear us u are scared of wat we can do and u know it so these days i try to limit my kill to once maybe twice a mounth widespread ofcourse wudnt want to make it to ovbuse now would we and as for that born in to the vampire family its total b-s as you would say and no i havent turned anyone as of yet i try to keep to myself to myself and if u have any qeustions id be happy to answer them

Well, I see you've never heard of punctuation. and your story has the same "I was badly injured, but a vampire showed up randomly and saved my life." structure as DarknessForever's.

I'm just here to say that I'm 100% sure that there are no such things as vampires. All the stories are fishtales, including the fake vampires, some of the stories may have a little truth but have been sreached out into something there not. I find it surprising that some people complain about the fake vampires when you are on a VAMPIRE SIGHTINGS forum, your practically asking for jerks to lie about being a vampire or seing one, although if I did think that DarknessForever did have a much better story and was more believable than liam1948.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ah, Tarius, no fun ruined. Just Truth. Vampyres aren't one to "spill all" like it's a talk show of some kind on random forums. I must also add I am a Miss; however, that is not important.

Ah, my mistake, Miss Egret. Indeed yes, a person or thing that happens to be different, does not go around proclaiming that they are.

Might I also mention (personal note) I have a rather nasty habit of turning off street lights, even whole neighborhoods. Walking or driving. If I wander near a light, poof, its out.

Interesting, perhaps something, perhaps not. Afterall, how many lights do you go by each day and night that some will happen to darken?

Let's just say between having gold eyes (yes, gold, if you knew me you would vouch for that one)

Ah, a person who has gold eyes. You have no need to prove them true, I can certainly confirm they exist, as I myself had them at one point.

I can say that the stories, even if they are not true, can still yet be entertaining. Assuming of course, you use basic english and grammar in the process of typing them out.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Tarius]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You all come here for answers and information concerning vampires, but you should relieze no vampire would degrade themselves to checking to see if their race is famous enough yet. Not to mention if any vampire were to make an appearance on this website he/she wouldn't openly say " I'm a vampire! Bombard me with questions!" Now with that out of the way I will throw in my two cents. For the person looking for ontario vampires, they're there. You just need to look and keep your expectations low. And in general, wherever there is a major city you can expect to have one, if not more, vampire sightings.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I have a few questions as well:

After 300 years how come you can't spell?
How do you support yourselves? A job? Do you steal your victims' wallets?
If you have jobs, it must be a night shift since you would burn up in sunlight so what happens if you work overtime?
Do you eat veges, fruit, meat or just blood?
By the way, you might find this interesting: io9.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Just a quick reminder, everyone.

Our members work hard to use acceptable spelling, grammar and punctuation on this website. A very large percentage of our members are using English as a second language, or third, or fourth. And many members may have difficulty in typing or writing as readily as others do.

As long as you are able to comprehend the message being said, the post has been successful, and nitpicking just adds to unnecessary tension in the already tense subject areas of conspiracy and alternative theory.

If you have a problem with a post, feel free to hit the "Alert" button and explain why you feel the post was inappropriate, or completely illegible. Otherwise, let's try and stay on topic.

If you feel that you can contribute to the long-standing saga of Vampire/Vampyre/Sanguine sightings and the history or reality of this phenomena, then please feel free to continue.

[edit on 9/27/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by itroz
Hello,
I've been reading this section for some time and I must admit that I don't believe in vampire as an ageless being sustaining only on blood.There are so many myths out there and I find them very interesting but to search for something that doesn't exist is a waste of time. I mean it does sound just doubtful to me that some people claim to be over 300 years old. There is no way of fooling the nature. Everything and everybody has to age, there is no virus, change or myth which can prevent that. I admit there are ways of prolonging a human life, but trying to find an answer in vamparism, I think we're reaching for stars here. What I am saying is that maybe some people enjoy playing games, so don't believe everything you read.Anyway internet is suppose to keep us amused and that is what's happening here. People try to make up stories, legends of things they don't understand or they cannot explain and some people try to pretend to be something they're not, just to feel important.All I am trying to say is I don't believe until I see.

It's true that all physical beings age and die, but I do not. How is this possible? well a vampire is a sort of "fusion" of a physical body and spiritual body (unlike normal people who are composed of a physical shell with a spirit inside) and as you should already know spirits are immortal so they do not age. As you see we are not entirely physical which is why we do not age and is also why we are considered creachers of the undead like ghost or demons. Our bodies still need blood though, to be honest I'm not sure of the exact mechanics on how it works, but our bodies can't create it's own blood so we must take it from others. Without it our bodies would just shrivel up and turn to dust.

Originally posted by humandefense02
Oh God you have to be kidding me. What the F is this? What proof do you have besides creating wild stories that you are a vampire? I don't believe this.

I'm not denying the existence of blood lusting people but nobody lives forever. There is no transformation. Some people are psycho.

I'm am not here to offer any hard evidence of the existence of vampires as you could imagine it be vary dangerous to do so. I would be hunted down your people for murder and by mine for treason.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hello,
a very interesting post from Darkness Forever. Let's just think about it a little bit. If you ask people from across the world if they believe in vampires a vast majority says yes, others don't believe or they don't care. I think that vampire popularity in this age has risen rapidly, therefore there are so many people out there who identify themselves as a vampire - roleplayers. But what if beyond all this facade is somebody who wants us to believe that they don't exist. So why then we want to know or see them so badly?
I personaly think, living forever must be a hard life.
So, I'd like to ask a few questions.
How come that people haven't discovered vampires yet,(if they exist) and what do you do with the victims? Do you burn them,bury them or just make them dissappear? Do you ever stalk them in daylight or are you more active at night?
And the last question are there many vampires in UK? Thanks again , I am just curious.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Hello,
a very interesting post from Darkness Forever. Let's just think about it a little bit. If you ask people from across the world if they believe in vampires a vast majority says yes, others don't believe or they don't care. I think that vampire popularity in this age has risen rapidly, therefore there are so many people out there who identify themselves as a vampire - roleplayers. But what if beyond all this facade is somebody who wants us to believe that they don't exist. So why then we want to know or see them so badly?
I personaly think, living forever must be a hard life.
So, I'd like to ask a few questions.
How come that people haven't discovered vampires yet,(if they exist) and what do you do with the victims? Do you burn them,bury them or just make them dissappear? Do you ever stalk them in daylight or are you more active at night?
And the last question are there many vampires in UK? Thanks again , I am just curious.

If vampires were to say, exist. There are many different ways to go about hiding and remaining from the open. Seeing as how many would be around on this planet for more then a paltry sum of years, it should be common sense then, that they would be very good at hiding, whatever that method may be.
Several hundred thousand people go missing around the world each year with out a trace never to be seen again. That is the larger end of the value, and the average is possibly more similiar to about tens of thousands to one hundred thousand. This is interesting in what it says. I will leave those numbers up to your imagination. Making someone disappear is not as hard as it may sound.
Taking into account, what I just said, you can imagine that vampires would indeed be a secret group. A single mishap could spell disaster. Of course, then again, it may not, given the fact that different weird events occur every day and are forgotten just as quickly. However, you should indeed "get the picture" that I point to you here. No sight nor sound of something for a long time, will make memory of that something fade.

I will end with the statement: It is not about living forever, but being able to live with yourself forever.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hello,
the fact that there are so many people missing in the world is quite alarming. How can somebody disappear without the trace?
Every time I hear something on the news, the first thing that cross my mind is related to vampire activity.
What I cannot understand is how vampires came to be?( If we assume they exist). Are they just altered humans or is their existence more supernatural? Maybe vampire is the astral body of a person either living or dead, seeking to prolong its existence upon the physical plane by robbing the living of their vital energies and misappropriating such energies to its own ends.
The final outcome is that we will never know.
I think, there are two types of people, ones who are ignorant ( and happier I reckon) and others who try to seek the answers, thinking that the truth can bring them wisdom and satisfaction. But for these people is quite hard to live with themselves, because they will never find it.
As long as our debate carries on, there is a sense of progression and hope.
And for the living forever with yourself,that is quite a chalange even for a human.
No vampire on this site with a common sense is going to tell us the truth, they may join the conversation, give us a few hints but it's up to us what to take for granted, so if there is a real one out there could you give me some more hints?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Hello,
the fact that there are so many people missing in the world is quite alarming. How can somebody disappear without the trace?
Every time I hear something on the news, the first thing that cross my mind is related to vampire activity.
What I cannot understand is how vampires came to be?( If we assume they exist). Are they just altered humans or is their existence more supernatural? Maybe vampire is the astral body of a person either living or dead, seeking to prolong its existence upon the physical plane by robbing the living of their vital energies and misappropriating such energies to its own ends.
The final outcome is that we will never know.
I think, there are two types of people, ones who are ignorant ( and happier I reckon) and others who try to seek the answers, thinking that the truth can bring them wisdom and satisfaction. But for these people is quite hard to live with themselves, because they will never find it.
As long as our debate carries on, there is a sense of progression and hope.
And for the living forever with yourself,that is quite a chalange even for a human.
No vampire on this site with a common sense is going to tell us the truth, they may join the conversation, give us a few hints but it's up to us what to take for granted, so if there is a real one out there could you give me some more hints?

This is more of a tiny thought experiment, I would say, then anything else, and would involve the basic question of whether vampires would be of a physical nature or of a more spiritual one.
Looking at them from a physical point of view, it can be said that they follow natural laws and have an actual biological reason for being. They would obey the laws of physics, and as such, could possibly be faster and stronger, but would be no more supernatural then a bear or a lion.
Thinking about them as more of a spiritual nature, means that a sudden flow of various ideas become open. There is plenty more story to saying they could be supernatural, as opposed to being physical.
There are generally stories on both the spiritual side and the physical side, so unless an actual vampire decides that clearing up this little matter is a good idea, it will remain hidden from view. For each, however, there are a thousand different stories, spread across many cultures.

Seeking truth is always a good thing in many instances, and is a trait that many people today are sorely lacking in. Just knowing the truth, does not mean you are unhappy. It usually means, that for, whatever the truth may be, it is no longer a mystery to be solved. Truth does have a habit of making many things a little less interesting, in many instances; sometimes it could make them more interesting. However, aside from what I state, it is up to the truth's beholder, to figure out how they feel about it. In other words, its is an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

You state that living with yourself is a challenge. I respond by saying that, simply live with no major regrets, and you will be able to do it.

Perhaps this post is insightful to some people, perhaps not. I like the statement: Ask and you shall receive. In many instances, however, its a matter of asking the right question, at the right time, to the right people.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I have read this topic from start to finish and was quite intrigued by the many encounters and sightings listed.

But, as many have said here, The topic has sort of lost its way.
I'm not sure which supposed "poser" to believe or if i even believe any of them.

The thing is, this topic is meant for sightings and encounters which i have found a fascinating read!

So i must ask you all, can we please get back to the subject of this topic?

BTW, Bella-x, your sighting is one of the mosre intrueging i have read in this topic!
You mentioned a video.
I was wondering if you could share it with us.... I know a few sites where you can upload it to without publicly distibuting it (so Youtube is off the list)

Anyway, thanks for the great stories and i hope to read more!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Hello,

Very, very easily. Almost too easily.

But that is not an argument for the existance of vampires.

People who claim to know vampires or, laughably, think they are one always fail to explain how it is that NO ONE gets suspicious that Mr. Jones down the lane never ages.

You would need to get new identity records every 30-50 odd years in order to maintain your "vampire" anti-aging. Something that shows you weren't around 100 years ago - like a new birth certificate or social security number, etc.

Nowadays you can't just walk up to a registrar office and "ask" for a new birth certificate. They want docs, photo id, evidence.

Sorry - but you "vamps" are living in fantasy land. Don't get me wrong - I live there for 90% of teh day as well. But I do know that it IS fantasy land and not real.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No worries, any true vampire will be hunted by my people. We are the chosen few who have been appointed with the task of removing evil creatures from this world.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

....Do you go around killing people who you think are vampyres?
Because that's a tad wrong. And illegal. And really really wrong.
Killing most things is really really wrong.

If you're banishing spirit-forms, that's different.

If you're killing creatures, I'd like to see some DNA samples and images. And I'd kind of implore you to stop unless you have the proper permits.

See, alright. Ladies and gentlemen. Instead of using the words "We" and "I" and such, I implore you all to approach this from a third person angle. So instead of saying "My vampire buddies and I" or whatever, you just say "vampires."

You see, it is against the conditions of this website to post things that are untrue except in the specific fictional parts of the site. And with all these accusations flying, it's hard to prove anything.

SO. Let's use a metaphor-
If this were a thread regarding bigfoot sightings, and I came in here all "I'm a bigfoot, this is what bigfeet do," it would probably be debunked and shot down like crazy. I think the fact that this thread isn't being completely shot down is a very interesting thing, and I am going to pose that question in a second. This has kind of become a thread about vampire philosophy, not really sightings, so let's roll with that.

Anyhow, it's very interesting. If I claimed to be a bigfoot, or a fairy, or a zombie, I would likely not be believed. Why on earth is that? What makes the vampire myth more plausible than other cryptic or mythic legends? Why are we so intrigued by the vampire myth?

To quote a song entitled Vampires by my bff Sully Erna:

Few creatures of the night have captured our imagination like vampires...
What explains our enduring fascination with vampires?
What is it about the vampire myth that explains our interest?
Is it the overtones of sexual lust, power, control...
Or is it a fascination with the immortality of the undead?
And what dark and hidden parts of our psyche are aroused and captivated
"By the legends of the undead"

musicdb.laadhari.com...

Jolly good questions, Sully. Let's try to answer them. And also, why are so many people so quick to fall into the vampire story, regardless of whether or not vampires actually exist.

I would have made my own thread but this seems to be the one getting the most attention.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I think the fact that this thread isn't being completely shot down is a very interesting thing, and I am going to pose that question in a second.

You are certainly correct, the thread has not been shot down. However, I do find it indeed interesting, that a couple members who pointed out various things involving the topic of vampires(i.e. seemed to know something), were banned. I looked at where their last post would have been(since it had been deleted) and there was no discernable reason as to why. Perhaps they did indeed do something, but as I said, there was no way to tell. From what I can tell however, is that at least one was not a new member, knew the rules, and did plenty of contributing.

Anyway, the above is a little off topic. So, to stay on topic:

If you're killing creatures, I'd like to see some DNA samples and images.

I agree, like any claim, there should be proof to support it. The person who claimed to have a video, has completely failed to produce it for scrutiny. This would be after I asked to see it, in agreement with another member's post.

Jolly good questions, Sully. Let's try to answer them. And also, why are so many people so quick to fall into the vampire story, regardless of whether or not vampires actually exist.

I believe I stated my opinion elsewhere. I will, however restate it here. I believe the reason is, for the most part, to do with the mystery.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Tarius]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sakura

I can't say I ever saw a vampire for sure. I certainly did have a strange experience. I think it was October of around '82 my wife and I drove from Knoxville up to Indianapolis. We stayed at a Ramada Inn. Arriving late we were the last into the restaurant. After a few minutes we noticed a large number of waiters around- funny for a place that was closing. We choe something from reduced menu then returned to room. There was something strange about the room neither of us could put a finger on it. I went down to the desk and noticed several people arriving and in the restaurant. I only recall they looked a little unusual. Came back to the room and mentioned it to the wife who said she already noticed that same thing. There was a noticable cold spot in our room also we both had feeling of being watched. Creeped out and only having a couple hrs to go we decided to drive the remaining couple hours so we packed up and left.
When we left we noticed that many new cars were in the lot and after midnight and the restaurant was busy again. But the story doesn't end here. A few years later I think in 87 that hotel was struck by a plane.
en.wikipedia.org...
We were talking about some of guests that arrived late and my wife said they reminded her of vampires. I agreed there was something different.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join