It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 'shot callers', any new features, tweaks on the horizon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hey,

I love ATS and I'm just putting it out there, any new features or improvements that are in the works or being considered for ATS?

• Personally I would love a "recent" star forum but this would be in the millions so I'm guessing that is in no way practical at all.

• What if you could only see stars attributed to your own threads but not replies? Flight of fancy probably

• Is there any mobile functionality with ATS on Android phones? Or are any apps in the works?

If an idea gained enough support would its functionality, practicality and popularity warrant a serious consideration?

I mean no disrespect of the great work you guys do here, I'm still new myself but was just asking the question of latest additions, or features that may be considered and what you guys had for the plans of the future of ATS.

Thanks guys, fantastic forum. First I've ever joined and its great, if it stayed as is til the end of time I'd never stop coming here.

• posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
    link   
    If I could update ATS myself I'd add AJAX (asynchronous, basically you don't need to refresh) star, flag, reply, PM, alert, chat and post edit systems. I'm hoping these things are being considered.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:36 AM
    link   
    reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

Is there any mobile functionality with ATS on Android phones? Or are any apps in the works?

Thank you sir. There is no, hopefully in the works though as the site isn't even setup for mobile viewing, at least when I tried from my android phone, i was met with the full site, having to pinch and zoom, i gave it 3 minutes and got frustrated and gave up.

As a suggestion..... for a mobile app, you might want to look at what slashdot.org has done, there are a few different apps on there, but most contain the same functionality.

Namely, they understand that it's retarded to try to preserve full forum functionality on a phone app. So, instead, they offer basically what we see here on the "home" page, a listing of current or trending articles. Maybe even just a viewer and links to your profile so you can star or flag articles for yourself to comment on later, or even implement a commenting system but I'd rather not see the forum full of :

"Iz pstin fromx mah phonzzzz"

Really, that's the only feature I'd really like to see soon, an actual mobile app or mobile formatted version of the main page to browse top stories while i text and drive (j/k i don't drive)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
    link   
    there is a new 'search' window on the forums page that i hadn't noticed before'

as their is a new search engine for ATS now, i would figure that is part of the deal.

i wanted to sugest a 'shill alert' button, but in some areas, that may get overused.ats search

new topics

top topics

join