It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I thought I read that his son was supposed to be more moderate and open to the West?
Has this changed or have we been lied to again?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Okay, I am actually terrified by this post. My sister moved from Canada to Seoul about 6 months ago to start teaching english and has a grade 1 class there that she is absolutely in love with! She won't believe a thing I say about things heating up with North Korea and South Korea and thinks I'm overreacting. What can I tell her in regards to being safe and what to do if something does happen? She things everything I say is a big conspiracy and that I am just talking crap.

I love my sister and would never live with myself if something happened and I couldn't warn her .

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight
Okay, I am actually terrified by this post. My sister moved from Canada to Seoul about 6 months ago to start teaching english and has a grade 1 class there that she is absolutely in love with! She won't believe a thing I say about things heating up with North Korea and South Korea and thinks I'm overreacting. What can I tell her in regards to being safe and what to do if something does happen? She things everything I say is a big conspiracy and that I am just talking crap.

I love my sister and would never live with myself if something happened and I couldn't warn her .

Im very uneasy this time with North Koreas bs.. I really dont know why this is different for me then all the other times

but it is

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerknight

I would think being there she should know first hand. But perhaps not so send her the link.
As far what to do to be safe is not so simple for her it seems. It's not be there.

reuters.com

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by Tylerknight

Im very uneasy this time with North Koreas bs.. I really dont know why this is different for me then all the other times

but it is

North korea is like an angry teenage daughter revolting against her parent because she is put on curfew and wants to play with all the "cute boys" but they wont let her... And in the process she yells out all kinds of obscenities.

Everytime North Korea comes out with a new statement, there is always SOMEONE that gets more fearful than the last time. One of these days, this SOMEONE will be the wrong person, a person that will actually ATTACK North Korea, and thus start a nuclear war of epic proportions such as the world have never seen before (WW3).

Fear is your enemy. Not North Korea.

edit on 19-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This is why you don't let radical nations have Nuclear weapons. China should be contacted and a joint Chinese / NATO force should be sent in to demolish the North Korean government. Let China take North Korea; at least the Chinese have the balls to fight instead of instantly pressing the Nuke button. Russia and China building their armies is a good sign. It means they are willing to fight instead of nuking you. It's a blessing in disguise.

North Korea? They know they stand no chance, this is why North Korea should be stopped before they are capable of launching in mass, circumventing missile defense.

I also believe this is why Obama isnt ready for war with Iran yet. If Iran launches a nuke, it could easily be taken care of. The problem starts when they launch half a dozen nukes along with decoy missiles. Not to mention, if Iran gets a nuke, its neighbors are going to want one.

--------------------

North Korea and Iran need to be brought down to Earth, and the only way to do that is through war.
edit on 19-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Simple solution:

No1: South K retreats 2 kms south of the border. During this time, mine the F* of the 2 km area, a couple of million mines should do it - heavy concentration, even use jumping jack style mine.

Then

Aerial bomb the living S* out of central Pyongyang including all government buildings.

Then

Wait.

Disclaimer: Captainbeno is only kidding around, this will never work

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Every time I hear something about NK, it reminds me of this old video game trailer. Kinda creepy how some of it looks probable.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just sabre rattling, the same thing Iran has said for years about destroying Israel.
I was thinking the other day how if the Russian Meteor had hit North Korea (without burning up) all the worries would be over!!
Now, if the DOD stopped monitoring rather, reporting near space debris maybe they are thinking along those lines.
Like the Friday asteroid miss, if they could have re-directed those to 'certain' areas, who could you blame? "It was an act of God, a natural disaster!"
Now, THAT would make for a good book or plot!! LOL!
edit on 19-2-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

but it is

And I'm tired of all the BS rhetoric in the media about another evil empire. The fact is North Korea has not attacked anybody. They are defending their country which is half occupied by the real enemy to their interests, the US.

The US is the one thats threatening North Korea. That is why North Korea takes the defensive posture it does. Because there is an aggressor nation camped on its "border" filling the worlds ears with false accusations about their "evil deeds".

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Uhhh...kind of revisionist history isn't it?

I seem to remember the North forcing their will Militarily upon the Southern half of Korea as they swarmed in killing everyone and anyone in their path all in the name of Communism and their Leader.

The UN sanctioned the war against the North and the North is quite possibly the most represive and corrupt regime in the World at this time.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Uhhh...kind of revisionist history isn't it?

Current history, right up to now. I'll prove it.

Does the American Military Occupy Korea?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

yes with sanctions so is the EU the UN is to take a vote soon Russia is behind it , depending on one day from the next and whom is asked, China is ??? but one thing is not BS , that is the belief DPRK will not be pushed nor bullied by anyone , not with out war this time. lest see what they say
www.kcna.co.jp... from the link

DPRK Service Personnel Vow to Give U.S. Imperialists Finishing Stroke
Pyongyang, February 19 (KCNA) -- Upon hearing the news of the successful third underground nuclear test, soldiers of the Korean People's Army at the post on Mt. Taedok renewed their will to mercilessly wipe out those who dare provoke the DPRK.

Officer Han Jin Hyok said he was very pleased to hear the news, adding:

The DPRK demonstrated once again the grit and pluck of Songun Korea which does what it is determined to do and the iron faith and will of the great Paektusan nation, which never makes an empty talk.

I feel highly proud of being soldiers of the peerlessly brilliant commander.

Soldiers on the forefront extend the warmest salute to the scientists, technicians, workers and officials who succeeded in the underground nuclear test.

Officer Pae Chung Hyok said that the recent underground nuclear test was a resolute and just step for self-defence taken by the DPRK against the vicious moves of the U.S., the sworn enemy of the Korean people.

He went on: The nuclear test is part of the practical counter actions to defend the security and sovereignty of the country. The nuclear test, a striking physical demonstration of the high performance of the DPRK's nuclear deterrent, was another proud victory of Songun Korea as it clearly manifested the will of the powerful revolutionary army of Mt. Paektu to wipe out the enemies.
now if that is not a direct wish to use nukes what is.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Simple solution:

No1: South K retreats 2 kms south of the border. During this time, mine the F* of the 2 km area, a couple of million mines should do it - heavy concentration, even use jumping jack style mine.

Then

Aerial bomb the living S* out of central Pyongyang including all government buildings.

Then

Wait.

Disclaimer: Captainbeno is only kidding around, this will never work

A few months ago I was reading about the DMZ, there are already over a million landmines (they are replaced regularly as improved typed come along, also animals tend to blow them up!
Then there is the South Korean Super Egis 2, this is an automated gun tower that can find and lock on to a human-sized target in pitch darkness at a distance of up to 1.36 miles (2.2 kilometers). It uses a 35x zoom CCD camera with 'enhancement feature' for bad weather, in conjunction with a dual FOV, autofocus Infra-Red sensor, to pick out targets.

It uses standard 12.7mm caliber machine-gun, a 40mm automatic grenade launcher upgrade, or whatever other weapons system you want to bolt on to it, including surface-to-air missiles.
A laser range finder helps to calibrate aim, and a gyroscopic stabilizer unit helps correct both the video system's aim and the direction of the guns after recoil pushes them off-target.
This area of land is considered the most deadly area known to man! With good reason!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The U.S. Military is allowed by South Korea to have Military bases in the South as part of the Joint Protection Forces which has U.S., South Korean, British, Australian and a few others participating in one way or another.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

now if that is not a direct wish to use nukes what is.

Actually using them against an enemy. Oh yah, guess who again? The US.

See Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Fallujah. Thats being lenient.

Saying they will is libelous, slanderous. Using what they might do as an excuse to do something "beforehand" is the lowest of low. But thats how we roll isn't it?

One more healthy scoop of "evil empire" with some WMD topping please.

What really amazes me is the desire on peoples part to believe the lies which justify war over and over as though they are blind. Or culpable.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

wow of cause the US have never been war mongers in last 40 yrs or or last ten now have they?
This forum is so conservative is getting rather boring!!

edit on 20-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The U.S. Military is allowed by South Korea to have Military bases in the South as part of the Joint Protection Forces which has U.S., South Korean, British, Australian and a few others participating in one way or another.

Blah, Blah, Blah. Thats what all occupying countries always say though isn't it? "They invited us"? We're allowed to be there?

Allowed to occupy their country. Who allows such a thing? Some puppet regime we (the US) implanted to accept bribes in order to oppress / exploit their nation? Any dissent is squashed.

Dividing a country into two halves only aids the illusion that they are separate with different interests. When the "North" Koreans "invaded" the "South", they were simply taking back their country. Wouldn't you? Google Americas occupation of Vietnam. You think the "North" Korean government isn't aware of that epoch in US history?

They know their head is on the same chopping block as the Vietnamese.

There is one difference though. The Korean government has nukes. Now their defense is more secure. That is the criteria right? They who have nukes retain their national sovereignty. Its okay for us, but not anyone else.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

lies from whom the DPRK? or the DPRK news, or the lie of the nuke test DPRK did on the 12th or the Missile launch in Dec, yes heard this before, lies of the MSM on DPRK, no just facts from the DPRK on how they feel and think, given a chance they would eat out your heart , as hungry as they are that is no lie.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The ONLY reason that North Korea still exists...and it's NOT because they have a few really poor working Nukes...is that CHINA still backs them...for now.

China sent in huge numbers of hardly armed troops as the U.S. had almost completely taken over the North and sent in Human Waves against U.S. weapons where the Chinese lost so many troops they numbered 10 to 20 high and hundreds of yards across and MILES long lying DEAD upon the ground.

This would not happen today as the average Chinese Soldier will not just charge into U.S. weapons as well as the U.S. no longer needs to fight wars in this manner.

I really don't understand what you could possibly see worth saving as far as North Korea?

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join