It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sleeping Bigfoot' Footage

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Okay, as to the video ... there's no way to say one way or another without more info, as usual, but to say a human could never, ever sneak up on a "Bigfoot" is simply false on many levels.

The first, most obvious point might be maybe the manimal is sick? I've been sick enough so that I wouldn't care if I was on train tracks, I wouldn't move.

Maybe it ate some fungus that had a reaction and it's, in the colloquial, "Trippin?"

Perhaps the camera operator is a super ninja? Or another, better, Sasquatch who learned how to use a found camera and played a joke?

The possibilities are endless. Never say never unless you want to taste foot.

edit on 2/20/2013 by Baddogma because: mo clarity

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gameisupman

All you're doing is shooting from the hip. Or mouth. Tell us, oh sensible one, how much research, where and when have you done to counter any opposing research? Got your own DNA lab by chance? Oh do tell. I'm curious to see your peer reviewed papers contradicting the pro-bigfoot ones.

You now have the floor...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The idiot taking the video didn't think to...um.....poke it with a stick or something, lol.

Just more fodder for the ignorant to feast on I'm afraid. This bigfoot thing is cut and dry, sorry to say and this video (and those giving it serious thought) prove that this subject resides in the realm of complete stupidity.

And yeah, someone is going to say "would you poke it with a stick, I mean it could wake up and kill ya man, lol". Do we really need to go there?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You had a link to the story. What happened to it?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gameisupman
reply to post by SaturnFX

There is an invisible elf in my backyard. Prove me wrong.

Allow me to use all you pro-bigfoot nonsense to argue my point, lol.

Actually, I didn't use any pro-bigfoot nonsense. I used the standard for scientific consideration. There is no evidence does not equal evidence of there not being.
You once again claim something...in this case, you claim there is an invisible elf in your backyard. Now, since you made the claim, its up to you to provide evidence to support your claim.

See, the issue is claiming anything overall. when you claim, you must show evidence supporting...if you claim there is no bigfoot anywhere, then Indeed you must show evidence of that.
You can take the stance of simply not believing in bigfoot...and need solid evidence to prove otherwise. This is the proper stance on anything (bigfoot, aliens, god, etc). But to state matter of factly that you know there are no such things...this means you have absolute knowledge..in which case...explain how you have this knowledge.

lol indeed. now stop laughing and learn something already..you are neither skeptic nor believer..your just being an arse for the hell of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No, no. The claim is and always has been is that there IS a bigfoot creature, alive and well today.

With not one shred of scientific evidence to back that claim.

Nice try....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

No, no. The claim is and always has been is that there IS a bigfoot creature, alive and well today.

Nice try....

Well, as I stated already, there is no evidence to support such a claim..the ones claiming it need to put forward hard evidence to substantiate their claim (more than a grainy film clip and a possible dog in the bushes).

I don't believe in bigfoot...but that doesn't mean I believe there is no bigfoot....its plausible. sure..why not. Could also be a lochness monster...open mind and such.

nice try?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Nice try....

No no, but it works both ways here. Burden of proof falls upon anyone who makes a claim. Regardless of the claim.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My personal opinion? I call bs. If i were to ever run into a sleeping bigfoot i would film for hours whille keeping a good distance and even throw somthing at him to wake him up. Better yet i would call up my homie and tell him load up his AR with a hi cap magazine. Then i would drag the body all the way to the white house and show them politicians why they shouldn't ban assault rifles.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

it says those lucky enough to have seen "the rest of footage"

if you had the one and only smoking gun footage of so called bigfoot, theres no point in showing teases in the 21st anymore as witht the internet and what not, the minute someone buys the "rest of the video" it will be all over internet as either a fake or the real deal. so i hardly doubt its a bigfoot at all or they would have just showed it heh.

though i dont disagree that there very well could be a "type" of man or ape we have not come across or hides very well in caves/forests i doubt the person would get this close without being F'd up walking up on a sleeping giant.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I see a being that is pretending to sleep, holding one's breath before exhaling, or is breathing in a way that suggests illness. Maybe "Matilda" is sick and doesn't know camera guy is watching, if this one is a real bigfoot.

The video screams hoax to me. I see a moving shag carpet, and I'm being mean because the video maker deserves it for teasing the viewers. No face, no limbs, no reproductive parts, no things that come with animals/beings that don't wear clothes -- no identifying features at all? Does this one make any noises? What is so secret? The glue lines on the rubber mask?

Who holds back video evidence for something that if it's genuine, could mean a breakthrough for science? We could put another endangered species on the map. We could abduct it like aliens do to humans, get better DNA samples and take an MRI and put a RFID tracking chip on this one. Put them in a FEMA camp, teach them how to use a toilet.

It must not be real. It might be a rip off.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well lets see. It could be just about anything from a guy in a gorilla suit to a dog. I'm pretty sure it's not a squatch.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
A body is needed. And it must be looked at by biologists,not Jeff Meldrum.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would imagine if they really had that footage they would be hysterically excited trying to show anyone they can...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
all of the critics of a big foot say that they need "hard" evidence to prove that there is a bigfoot. is DNA not "hard" evidence??? it holds up in a court of law but it cant hold up in a new species conversation?? when presented with "hard" evidence no matter how much data is collected to prove that the squatch does indeed exist wont be enough

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by inferno85

Fair point. This thread isn't really about whether 'Old Hairy' really wanders the North Americas or DNA. It's just pointing out that the video is highly dubious. There's also a discussion to be had about the sheer amount of tall tales in this field. I read the bigfoot blogs and generally find the comedy comments from 'anonymous' more realistic than the claims.

I'm genuinely fascinated by the reports of bigfoot sightings. I also hope Adam Davies finds his Orang Pendek in Sumatra.

However I see the bigfoot field is undergoing a 'mission creep' period with certain people trying to outdo others with the stories. No longer is it just about sightings or piles of sticks being nests. It's all about groups of them screaming and hollering in the woods, faces on car windows, large structures for nests and even shootings with flesh parts in possession. Only a few weeks ago, there were claims of a captured infant bigfoot. I mean, really?! Some folk are having fun and others are looking to get a little cash, but there's a lot of hoaxing and attention-seeking at play too.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
with all the hoaxes out there it will only take 1 that is real 1 that is genuine and 1 that will come along and all questions by the skeptics will be answered and for those of us that do think big foot is out there thats all the proof we will need and for those that dont think he is real it will be a hoax so elaborate in time it will be exposed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I posted this film (with all Melba updates) on the Melba Ketchum thread days ago. A slap on the back of the head from Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-2-2013 by RUFFREADY because: Jeeze

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

They made a DNA analysis on the hair.. and its something never registered before
They talked about this case alot in the last c2c episode
here:

Melba Ketchum's work is amazing to me and is helping me big-time in waking up to the realities of big-foot. I think her work is going down in the history books kind of like Galileo first experienced, they denied then embraced !

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
1. The fur looks fake
2. There is very little size-wise to compare the 'animal' with.
3. Even monkeys don't just lie down on a dirt floor like that and go to sleep in the middle of the day! Something that is more advanced than an ape would at least bed down somewhere a bit more sheltered, comfy and hidden.
4. You couldn't even sneak up on a sleeping fox, let alone an elusive biped!
5. If it were real, they would have released the most dramatic bit (standing up and glaring) rather than the most questionable.
6. If a cameraman had really come accross this they would have moved closer, not just stopped in the bushes and filmed it.

This is so obviously a fake!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join