'Sleeping Bigfoot' Footage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've searched for this and couldn't find it. I'll just insta-trash it if it's been up already.

There's a video doing the rounds that claims to be a segment of a longer video showing a sleeping bigfoot. Have a quick look at it right now and see what you think about it.

Something hairy and it's moving so what is it?

First thoughts are the way the camera is moving. That's no trail-cam; it's being held by a person isn't it? Keep that point in mind as we consider what kind of animal this might be? Bigfoot, bear or something else?

Does it seem likely that an animal reputed to be one of the sneakiest and stealthiest critters would be having a cracking, deep sleep right there? Just lying there on the bare earth and so tired as not to hear the camera-carrying person wandering up in its natural habitat? With a careless attitude like that, we'd be a little more certain of the existence of bigfoot and, if the hearing is so poor, they'd be piled up on the side of highways as roadkill.

Now if that critter was just a bear, we'd have to answer the same points as above wouldn't we? I mean bears are deep sleepers in the cartoons and they do like to hibernate. Sleep is their friend. On the other hand, do apex predators lie in the dirt, in the open, and oblivious to sounds? Probably not. They also tend to keep themselves pretty clean and tidy as a way of sexing up and looking good.

But! There's something in that video and it does seem to be breathing doesn’t it? And they are very clear in making the claim that 'she (Matilda)' gets her ass up and glares at the camera before walking away. So there's no way they've stumbled on an anaesthetised bear and somehow mistaken it for an upright bigfoot. It's a bigfoot and nothing less.

I'm not arguing against the idea of bigfoot or trying to deny that people have made reports for many, many years. Not at all. In fact, I find 'the field' less interesting than the actual reports because they make me wonder what people are seeing. What I'm saying is that this video smells of organised hoax. Logically, no wild critter will be oblivious to approaching people and especially so for what is allegedly the most secretive creature in all of the Americas.

On face value, it could be a matted rug or anaesthetised animal. Either way a deliberate hoax.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Kandinsky because: added the mod tags - this is opinion only

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
interesting video,

At first i was thinking mistaken identity, but with them going on to say that it (she) gets up and glares at the camera, kind of rules out the mistaken identity.
theres a few things that dont add up, like only showing part of the video (missing out the most important part imo).
also most wild animals dont usually get caught snoozing, especially 'a bigfoot' the most illusive (possible) animal of them all.
i would like it to be real but dont think it is, be interesting to see what others think

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The first thing I thought was "Messin' with Sasquatch" haha

I have my doubts whether or not it's real, of course. Like already has been posted, they say it glared at the camera, yet they fail to show that part. Hmmm...
edit on 19-2-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

reply to post by christafinias

The bigfoot research field has really spread out in the past 18 months. In paranormal terms I'd say it's overtaken UFOs and ghosts. Unfortunately, the community has a rotten record of hoaxes and a slow way of owning their hoaxes.

Of course, it goes without saying that if we ever get to see 'Matilda' standing and glaring, I'll eat humble pie.

If I had that 'smoking gun' footage, I'd pitch History Channel against Discovery Channel in a bidding war and retire very rich with my name in the anthropological history books forever!!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Kandinsky because: added mod tags

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

They made a DNA analysis on the hair.. and its something never registered before
They talked about this case alot in the last c2c episode
here:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Spacespider

Can you give a time when that subject comes up? That's a looooong interview to get through otherwise.

Thanks for posting it

edit on 19-2-2013 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Can you give a time when that subject comes up? That's a looooong interview to get through otherwise.

Thanks for posting it

from 5:30 until 1:17:00
Will interest you

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Thanks again. I've just downloaded the mp3 files and will listen to them. I've been following the Ketchum story lines and will probably enjoy the show.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Look like a sleeping Gorilla to me....

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
the only thing that makes me think 'HOAX' is why they have only released 19seconds?
i mean if it is the real deal then just release the full footage for f$*ks sake!

until then im going with fake

im a beleiver in the big man
but im also skeptical when only 'portions' are released

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
My first thought was, "It didn't hear the cameraman walk up on it?" I think there is something to the bigfoot phenomenon, but I believe this video to be a hoax. Like others have said, the most elusive animal in the world is just going to curl up in plain view for a few z's and not pay attention to the humans taking his picture? Not sold.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

LOL, I also thought of the messin with sasquatch commercials.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree that the video is suspect at best. Unless it's your buddy Bob in a bigfoot suit, nobody would sneak up on a large hairy creature sleeping, stand a few feet away, and then not video more than a hairy lump. Was that Tom Biscotti behind the camera?

At least he didn't have raccoon guts all over him.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
There's just simply not enough information on tha video to deduce anything one way or another.

It could be real or it could be fake and the lack of anything more than a crumpled ball of hair sleeping prevents us from coming to a conclusion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This beast which has the potential of changing our evolutionary chart, is being doled out to the public in cliff-hanger sequences? Seriously?
Now that's cruel

But putting that aside.....this beast, to the untrained eye, appears to use all its sensory perceptions as defense mechanisms, is not only sleeping unprotected and out in the open BUT...cannot pick up the scent of its potential mortal enemy (humans)?

Hogwash!!

BigFoot is real but this presentation is real money-orientated.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Bunkus!!! No video = no proof! This is another sad attempt to exploit the Bigfoot Research community for money. Where's the rest of the video? Who wants to bet it finds its way into a Pay-per-view video or a "Documentary" that you'll be forced to purchase.

It looks like the same Bigfoot suit that those guys stuffed into a freezer a few years ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
No doubt forum moderators have opinions as we all. But it is of questionalbe ethics when a mod starts a thread that has a decent video and trashes it without any evidence other than offering that opinion labelled with the killer word "hoax."

Better he just left the thread alone for somebody else to start because more than likely it would have been on a neutral or positive note.

He speaks of "logical" reasons why a Sasquatch would not be caught napping. --He knows the parameters on that feat? Don't you just hate skeptics that pull pure "logic" out of their hat where they have no other ammo?

Yes, we have many hoaxes in this field, with UFOs, and with fairies dancing in the meadows, but do skeptics never, never find themselves boxed in with an accumulation of data that should convince them otherwise, or at best, keep them quiet?

The obvious answer is "NO!" Their have their conventional scientific-based egos to protect and that is more important than tons of collaborating data.

(My opinion on this matter is supported by a correlated, personal account related to the creatures.)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

G'day Aliensun, you've been waving that 'skeptic' term at me for a long, long time as if it's a hangable indictment. Clearly you mean 'debunker.' I prefer 'sceptic.' If it matters at all, you're mistaken and not for the first time. No hard feelings, you're entitled to misinterpret my posts to your heart's content. It's amusing as I've starred a great many of yours and you've never mustered a comment in the pro-UFO threads I posted.

But let's get to the topic and forget personal feelings? Let's see...

He speaks of "logical" reasons why a Sasquatch would not be caught napping. --He knows the parameters on that feat? Don't you just hate skeptics that pull pure "logic" out of their hat where they have no other ammo?

In the bigfoot books I have, there are no episodes of bigfoots being caught asleep in the woods. Nests, yeah, sleepy bigfoots or squatch? No. Are you really using the 'argument from ignorance' to give me a kick in the pants? Do you honestly entertain the idea that a bigfoot is a deep sleeper and not as alert as other wild creatures? Be honest now and don't let your feelings cloud your judgement.

If it was someone else who'd posted this, you'd be all guns blazing calling it a hoax too.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My neighbor's dog had fur like that. I would like to believe this is the real deal but I am a doubter. Years
ago Dr Cook showed me a hair that was found near some Bigfoot tracks. It was unlike anything on any other North American animal.
I am suspicious of the premise of this video. Just happened to pick the spot?
The smell of money is all over it.

Dr Ketchum's work really interests me, thugh. I am hoping to see a good critic by someone who knows the DNA field and isn't a Scoffer.

Dr K has bent over backwards to head off criticizm.
edit on 19-2-2013 by UMayBRite! because: corrections

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
An animal, that lives by it's wits, keen hearing, sense of smell, just the over all ability to live in the wild, rarely being seen. And a human with a camera just walks right up and films it?
Don't think so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join