It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would a war against Iran be fought?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Sep

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Sorry didnt mean to post anything

[edit on 3-11-2004 by Sep]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If you people would be more informed you would have known that Russia doesnt want Iran to have nukes as it will not be good for them. Russia wants to help Iran get energy. Also Russia said that whatever uranium fuel they give to Iran they want it back after it is used so they know that Iran is not building nukes.

Out,
Russian

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Also its not the money that matter. Other countries will see that Russia did it for Iran and they will ask Russia to do it for them. Adertisment is what its called i think.

Out,
Russian

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by imas
I don't believe we are over stretched right now. Afghanistan is becoming more stable and self sufficient everyday. Iraq despite popular belief is going well for the most part.

I don't know what you are smoking, but I would like some of that.

Read some informed sources like www.juancole.com and others. Both countries are a royal mess.

The US doesn't quite control all of the city of Baghdad.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by imas
I don't believe we are over stretched right now. Afghanistan is becoming more stable and self sufficient everyday. Iraq despite popular belief is going well for the most part.

I don't know what you are smoking, but I would like some of that.

Read some informed sources like www.juancole.com and others. Both countries are a royal mess.

The US doesn't quite control all of the city of Baghdad.

The US are losing plenty troops in Iraq due to guerrila forces and car bombs and all that crap.About afghanistan,it is safer,but not much better.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The kilo subs that you mentioned will be destroyed, but the thing that will bug the nevy most is the midget subs and the fast attack boats equped with unjammable cruise missiles.

are you talking about these?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This is all very true. My question is, what is Russia's stuborm motive to build this reactor for Iran anyway. Iran has one of the world's largest oil reserves. They have no strategic incentive to spend so much money on an unneeded energy source. It is clearly indisputable to every country in the world, except they claim, Russia herself, that this Iranian reactor is being built to get the spent fuel for military use.

Now, putting myself in their mindset (as best I can), I can see, especially from the "no nuke Iraq" vs "several nukes North Koria" analogy, why Iran wants to so feverishly pursue their goal of becoming a nuclear power.

What I don't get is why Russia wants to make Iran a nuclear power.

Do they have a desire to create a powerful Iran to extend Russia's power and influence over the middle east and oil supplies, vacariously through Iran? If so, do they really think they can keep Iran on a leash?

Or is Russia just so deperately cash strapped that they'd be willing to arm one nation with the nuclear power that could one day be used against them? (even if only for use as leverage/blackmail)

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Chris G]

Russia or any other country expect US havent invaded gulf for oil, all others been fairly trading oil out from Gulf and for Russia big oil prices are good business far as i see, they still got great oil fields used and unused. So why wouldnt Russia trade with Iran to raise its GNP, also must remember Russia, China had agreements with Iraq before US invaded it, so they lost those markets, Saudi-Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar are on US pocket already, Iran is only major oil country left there on its own running it own oil policy.
I see only natural that Russia and China do all they can to prevent Iran to be targeted, China need cheap oil and Russia cant let US have it all. Russia didnt get Afganistan long ago as it tryid to stretch futher for oil pipes, US made it every way more difficult for Russia, so why wouldnt return the favor.

Iran is no threat for russia even if armed with nukes, long as Russia can get its own share from energy policy and restrain US from getting it all.

China just agreed 70 billion $ oil trade agreement for 75 years with Iran so that wouldt clearly cause tension between US and China, US is probably targeting for fossile energy dominance to control developing countrys at least slowing their growth or other way taking all advantage from it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join