Who is Danny Nalliah and what is Rise up Australia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Who is Danny Nalliah and what is Rise up Australia?

www.sbs.com.au

At the launch of Australia's newest political party this week, Danny Nalliah said he is 'determined to be politically incorrect', with pro-Christian policy platforms to limit Muslim immigration and curb multicultural policies.

"Tolerance has gone too much and the Rise Up Australia (RUA) party is committed to keeping Australia Australian,” he said.

But what is known about the 48-year-old Sri Lankan-born evangelist with strong links with climate change sceptic Christopher Monckton?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.heral dsun.com.au
www.youtube.com
riseupaustraliaparty.com

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Launched in 2011, the 'Rise up Australia' party has recently created quite a stir. His party is running on extreme right, anti-multiculturalism that is becoming prevalent in Europe recently; arguably the kind of ideas espoused by Anders Brevick.

What do other Australian's think about this? He seems quite a well spoken guy, ie he makes sense when he talks and doesn't seem as 'extremist' as the MSM makes out. Most MSM articles about him talk about how he has made crazy statements, eg 'bushfires in Victoria was gods punishment for allowing abortion', however if we have ever learned anything it is not to trust the MSM.

The party Manifesto seems good enough, however it is riddled with references to region (however, IMHO quite sane references - eg Australian morality is generally derived from 10 commandments , sermon on the mount (and Magna Carta))..

Though I'm an atheist, I agree with his point that much of our culture and law is intertwined with Judeo-Christian themes and values.

He explains his stance on multi-culturalism as anti-multiculturalism but pro multi-ethnic Australia.. Much more credible coming from this guy as well, because he is Sri-Lankin.. His gripe is apparently with Muslims.

What do you all think? Aussies? Would you vote for this guy? Europeans and Americans? what is your experience with so called 'extreme right' politics similar to this?

This guy seems to make sense, however the MSM is demonizing him, because he is a Pastor who has a loose tongue.

www.sbs.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT:

I forgot to say, he's also been linked to Christopher Monkton.
edit on 19-2-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

keeping Australia Australian

I get the impression of racism already. Remember One Nation and Pauline Hanson? She's now the subject of ridicule, but with the Q Society and increased muslim bashing I'm sure they'll enjoy temporary popularity.

Then eventually be the subject of ridicule. Doesn't help the Australian multicultural image. I live in WA by the way.

keeping Australia Australian sounds to me like another White Australia Policy. You must take into account whats going on in Sri Lanka with the Sinhalese majority and Muslims if he's from SL. I bet he's Sinhalese and he's using his party to target the same people they target over there..

edit on 19-2-2013 by yoursteppingonmytoes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Interestingly I live in Australia (No, that isn't the interesting bit. Well, it is for me, but that's another thread) and I have never heard of this. I watch TV news at least twice a day often a lot more and on different channels.. I read papers, listen to the radio. I am left wing and have many activist friends, and was part of the Occupy movement here. I am quite the leftie activist. And I have never heard of this guy or his party.

Which I find odd

......a Sri Lankan-born pastor has vowed to abolish multiculturalism in the unlikely event that it wins power.

Sourced from your article.

This I find hysterically ironic. If it were not for the multiculturalism here he would not be here himself. In fact, if they abolished it, with all the bigots and racists here he would probably be one of the first to be ejected, as a Sri Lankan born pastor! lol

This is the daftest story. Come to Australia and join the racist fight against immigration, as an immigrant who was graciously given citizenship. Drips with hypocrisy and makes me feel sick, if I am honest.

Jeez, Every time I look at the world it is a little bit more stupid.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I agree that it seems a lot like Pauline Hanson, I havn't seen anything on the aussie tv about it yet but I don't catch much of it, to busy on PC most of the time.

Tho if things were his way I also wouldn't be here loving this country. I think a lot of australia was built on multiculture and we can't just say ok that's enough no more now... That's just not right.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So many people here in Australia forget that the true Australians are the aboriginals.
Im white by the way and hate racism and hypocrites.

edit on 19-2-2013 by xXSvenXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown

What do you all think? Aussies? Would you vote for this guy? Europeans and Americans? what is your experience with so called 'extreme right' politics similar to this?

This guy seems to make sense, however the MSM is demonizing him, because he is a Pastor who has a loose tongue.

www.sbs.com.au

Here in Amerika we haven't seen an extreme right candidate in decades. Ron Paul was about a far as extreme we have seen since the colonial days.

It sure would be nice though to get our country back to some peaceful basics to where you can leave you doors unlocked and our keys in your car without worry of theft. Where people respected life rather than abuse it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

So let me get this straight... a man, not born in Australia, who has roots in an anti islamic political arena, has set up an Australian version of the BNP? Thats richer than christmas pudding mix at Hugh Heffners house.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xXSvenXx

Originally posted by xXSvenXx
So many people here in Australia forget that the true Australians are the aboriginals.
Im white by the way and hate racism and hypocrites.

So true. I'm here now and won't apologize for it but I won't go bashing anyone who's come here or the native true land owners. As cliche as it sounds we're just going to have to figure out how to get along.

I think recognizing Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in the next referendum would be a good start. This other clown the OP mentioned will have his 15 minutes and that's it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

So let me get this straight... a man, not born in Australia, who has roots in an anti islamic political arena, has set up an Australian version of the BNP? Thats richer than christmas pudding mix at Hugh Heffners house.

lol yeah basically. But the thing is, he isn't anti immigration per se.

What he is against, is the acceptance of sharia law in the Australian legal system (its not like sharia is going to take over, but presently Islamic faith can be used to get your murder charge down graded to a manslaughter charge through the provocation defense, given the right circumstances. Further, there are moves to allow muslims to subject themselves to sharia law for civil and family law matters instead of a normal Australian court; the issue with this, is that women in these marriages will have their rights stripped by a sharia court if they want divorce... ).
I really don't think this is simple racism. You need to look at what he means when he says 'multi-culturalism', as the term is not as simple as it sounds.

I see similarities between him and Pauline Hanson, however Hanson was a racist, this does not seem to be. (religion and culture is not race).

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

Try reading more carefully who this man is . He is a Sri Lankan born Australian by immigration . So you cant called him a White Australian policist . You can't call him a racist as it the religion of Islam that he does not like in the new immigrants flooding into the country .
Being a christian Sri Lankan he proberly does not like Hindus or buddhists either.
So lets call him a religionist , if we must label him

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yoursteppingonmytoes

depends, there is a level of unfair biased towards certain demographics in Australia.
Its not from greed, but fear of being sued or fired.

There is a absence in Australia for a party that stands up for common sense, but decent values.

if i was in charge, id be laying out some simple rules..

1. if you immigrated to this nation, then you MUST attempt to assimilate to our culture.
2. you chose to come here, asked us to accept you, we did. You are not allowed to then tell us what we can and cant do because it offends your way of life or your religion. We are a western, Christian nation and that's that.
3. you must work, study or be a parent, and your child must go to school every day no excuses.
4. you only get 1 home from the government, if you wreck it you do not get another.
5. any criminal act, from assault, robbery, theft will immediately void your visa and you will be sent home

id listen to a group that asked that to be some baseline principles.

.. oh yeah, id ban those stupid shirts that say '' Australia - F--k off we're full '' because we have tonnes of space, work, resources and opportunity that anyone who wants to try to live a productive life is welcome.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

I said "sounded" like and "impression" which is not absolute and I did not label anybody. Perhaps you need to read what I said.

I can draw similarities if I wish. I did not label him a racist I merely drew similarities to previous policies implemented in Australia which others also picked up on. I did not say he was trying to implement a white australia policy but like it or not they are far-right or left views and not mainstream.

Perhaps understand context and similarities before you try to lecture me friend, don't try and tell me what I said and in what context, because not only is it presumptuous but hey guess what.. you're wrong.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes
I think recognizing Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in the next referendum would be a good start.

I respectfully disagree.. the young aboriginals 7-21 who commit the crimes you hear about on a daily level dont give one hoot about being recognized or an apology. In saying that, 75% of their parents dont either and I bet when you ask them ''where are your kids'', they'll swear abuse you and go have another drink of 4x.

Rudd's apology was pure political showmanship. Lets face it, the stolen generation did have some merit in its focus.. im sure bad things occurred just like any catholic church in London, but there were genuine reasons for it.

as for the concept that this was their land? that is very very true, but who are they? back in the day the Aboriginal people were not one concept. They were various, mixed and random tribes who didn't have the intelligence or will to 'claim' this land.

Look at the Maoris’ and waitangi day.. the reason the Maoris’ held out and signed the treaty was because they came together, they banded together and fought for their land as 1 people. We didn't win, yes.. but we proved to the Europeans that we were prepared to die for our land.

If the aboriginal people had of come together for Australia, they' would have achieved a treaty like the Maoris’.
Does this mean they shouldn't have a treaty now?.. no, today's society we understand the past better and have the capacity to be fair. But, should we apologies for the 'stolen generation' or for landing on the shores of Australia and ultimately building this nation?.. no!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What is this guy's stand concerning the native aboriginal tribes?

Better yet what do the Native Australians feel about multiculturalism, Christianity and Islam?

MSB

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Just like when your white ancestors came here and set about their policy of genocide and rape, stealing and subjugation. Hypocrite. This is a stolen land, stolen from the original owners, and you speak like you own it.

White Australia has a black history. You are part of the problem if you are not part of the solution.

So until you are willing to face the crimes of your own ancestors, I suggest you shut up about continued immigration.

This
edit on 19-2-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes
reply to post by Anusuia

I did not say he was trying to implement a white australia policy but like it or not they are far-right or left views and not mainstream.

Perhaps understand context and similarities before you try to lecture me friend, don't try and tell me what I said and in what context, because not only is it presumptuous but hey guess what.. you're wrong.

Have a nice day.

First up do you sincerely wish me a nice day , or are you using that as a passive aggressive stance ?
Please do use that greeting as a sincerity .

Do you have a problem with other people who you veiw as far right or far left and tell me who decides who are in the catagories and what are their qualifications to decide what should be placed where in human thought and how did they get the rights to that . Did they buy the rights to classify .
edit on 19-2-2013 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Interesting comments. But Maoris are about as far removed from Early Australians as Aliens are.

The Maori is thought to have been on NZ soil for only about 1000 years, prior to that there was suppose to be some evidence of Fair skinned Red hair people, of course murdered and eaten by the Maori.

The Australian continent early man, are thought to have been here for 50,000 years or more.

Consider the size of Australia, and the estimated population of natives at invasion time, around 100,000 or so, you can imagine that organising a country wide "Government" would have been difficult.

Not to mention Australian native philosophy.
Though considered to be one peoples by white fellas, Native Australians classify themselves by their tribe and ancestral lands.

When a Walperri man/woman talk about their country, they are not talking about Australia, they are talking about their tribe area and where their ancestors lived, and their sacred sites exist.

100 miles from Walperri land, is the Arunta Country, then 100 miles from them is the Pitjantjara Country.

On one small area of the south coast it is the Ngarrindjeri Country.......and so it goes.

The Australian Continent is full of separate "Countries" to the early peoples , much like Europe or the America's early "Indian" Countries.

When the Invasion happened on the East coast in 1778, the Aboriginies West, North and South of the blue mountains, wouldnt have even known, or particularly cared....it wasnt in their "country", to be concerned.

Also, For the Aboriginal man, the land doesnt belong to him,.... he belongs to the land....that is their teachings.

Ownership does not exist in their philosophy.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nothingwrong

Just like when your white ancestors came here and set about their policy of genocide and rape, stealing and subjugation. Hypocrite. This is a stolen land, stolen from the original owners, and you speak like you own it.

White Australia has a black history. You are part of the problem if you are not part of the solution.

So until you are willing to face the crimes of your own ancestors, I suggest you shut up about continued immigration.

This
edit on 19-2-2013 by nothingwrong because: (no reason given)
All the deep hidden nastiness comes out in the Aussies as soon as race and immigration is brought up.
good examples now showing .

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51

Interesting comments. But Maoris are about as far removed from Early Australians as Aliens are.

The Maori is thought to have been on NZ soil for only about 1000 years, prior to that there was suppose to be some evidence of Fair skinned Red hair people, of course murdered and eaten by the Maori.

The Australian continent early man, are thought to have been here for 50,000 years or more.

Consider the size of Australia, and the estimated population of natives at invasion time, around 100,000 or so, you can imagine that organising a country wide "Government" would have been difficult.

Not to mention Australian native philosophy.
Though considered to be one peoples by white fellas, Native Australians classify themselves by their tribe and ancestral lands.

When a Walperri man/woman talk about their country, they are not talking about Australia, they are talking about their tribe area and where their ancestors lived, and their sacred sites exist.

100 miles from Walperri land, is the Arunta Country, then 100 miles from them is the Pitjantjara Country.

On one small area of the south coast it is the Ngarrindjeri Country.......and so it goes.

The Australian Continent is full of separate "Countries" to the early peoples , much like Europe or the America's early "Indian" Countries.

When the Invasion happened on the East coast in 1778, the Aboriginies West, North and South of the blue mountains, wouldnt have even known, or particularly cared....it wasnt in their "country", to be concerned.

Also, For the Aboriginal man, the land doesnt belong to him,.... he belongs to the land....that is their teachings.

Ownership does not exist in their philosophy.

OMG ...thankyou so much for a more enlightened response and some education about the true nature of country and so called ownership of land .
If the aboriginal people were a spiritual people they would have known that land belonged to Creator and that they were the care takers of that land , just as any of us can do today .
Care for the land that Creator has provided .

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join