It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China military unit 'behind prolific hacking'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

yeah but that could be potencially deadly for everyone. You know how many nuclear reactors are in the US? All of them would melddown.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoursteppingonmytoes
People seem to forget that the internet was never designed to be completely secure anyway. While I don't condone the theft of intellectual property especially in terms of covert government secrets and what have you all of the nations pointing the finger at China have engaged in such activities themselves.

Thoughts?

yes.

Sounds like to me that your justifying there actions.
Stealing is stealing no matter who does it first or longest.

It's just wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rocklobster1

Not so much but I don't mind if that's what it looks like. Was more pointing to the hypocrisy by those pointing the finger at the Chinese for hacking. While it may be true, let them prove their innocence.

Similar to drone attack, they can make all of these claims as to the danger of these individuals and or organizations but will never produce the evidence to the public. Just like the Bin Laden operation, not sure we will ever truly know what happens with these things but its quite common knowledge of the US double standards with Stuxnet and Flame. Or Israel as well but that's another thread all together.

Just pointing to that really, your right no theft is justifiable but if any case could be weighed in merit. They started it kind of weighs in favor of the Chinese, but yes wrong all the same.

I'm lucky such decisions don't lie with me.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdohbeatdown
Lol. If your have sensitive information, do not leave it on a computer connected to the internet. This is especially so if it is vital to national security.

They leave their crap lying around for the Chinese to find, then they want to take freedoms from their own people to stop it.

having worked in the networking field, you are exactly right. it's hard to imagine that in 2012, and now into 2013 that governments and business still don't abide by this simple concept...maybe it's a conspirecy of idiots, with a large dose of hubris, and a cup of apathy thrown in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join