It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you spot the animals in these pics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lorienth

On another note... I'm color blind and was able to spot every animal as soon as I looked at the picture (super power!), lol. My gf on the other hand had a much more difficult time. Kind of interesting...

I find it interesting to see different people having problems with different pics.

Like I saw the wolf right away but I couldnt find that damm parrot for 5 minutes

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

the only one i can not see ,or define is the geko.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Not trying to make anyone feel bad but I found them all in less than 5 seconds.

Me too, except for the Gecko...I really had to look for that one.... Still, it illustrates the three main points of camouflage.

1) Break up your outline (with patterned markings). The leopard and birds were great examples here.

2) Change your natural shape (or your natural shape fits the surroundings). For example, the giraffe was very tree like and looked like part of the tree. The apes' body shape resembled the boulders.

3) Be of similar color to your surroundings.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

On another note... I'm color blind and was able to spot every animal as soon as I looked at the picture (super power!), lol. My gf on the other hand had a much more difficult time. Kind of interesting...

I find it interesting to see different people having problems with different pics.

Like I saw the wolf right away but I couldnt find that damm parrot for 5 minutes

You're telling me.

What does it say about me, that I have been able to find every single one easily..
Except for the giraffe!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Very cool thread thank you for sharing!

I never would have spotted some of those animals if you hadn't said what they were

Funny thing is the nighthawk was the only animal that i spotted right away
edit on 19-2-2013 by Honestabe28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That was neat!! The only one I couldn't find immediately was the gecko. The rest I found within seconds, but here in Colorado I spend a lot of time up in the mountains and we have to look super close for some animals. Things like big horn sheep which seem to blend into the rocky mountains they climb. Or say.. camping and looking for coyotes or bobcats, they blend too.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Cool thread!

The parrot does take some spotting.

In the UK we call the Nighthawk a Nightjar.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

You're telling me.

What does it say about me, that I have been able to find every single one easily..
Except for the giraffe!

I found every one instantly, except the wolf...

Very cool pics and thread, OP! I even showed the missus. =]

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
"I saw them all right away! I'm better than you! I'm better than nature! Even though in reality you have to look 360 degrees all around you horizontally and about 180 degrees vertically, but I'm amazing for finding it on a tiny screen way smaller than a window on a house!"

...is one of those things that makes you sound like less of an ass when you DON'T say it out loud...if it really makes you feel better...just think it to yourself next time. Because, I think it is pretty obvious that most of them were easy, so why is it necessary to take digs at the op by bragging? We all get it how amazing and wonderful you are, ok? We can just imagine how fun you are to be around...

I liked the one with the gecco... That one got me for a while...

I've seen videos of the stone fish. Amazing.

Thank you for sharing bud! Looking at pics of nature is always calming... until I start to think about how its being destroyed. But for a moment there...I found solace.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

On another note... I'm color blind and was able to spot every animal as soon as I looked at the picture

Same here...that's probably why.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

On another note... I'm color blind and was able to spot every animal as soon as I looked at the picture

Thats interesting that color blind sees it right away. And some people certain ones just pop right out.. I wonder if its because we all see colors a little differently

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I loved those. Took me ages to find some of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Apparently i'm an elite hunting ninja man/eagle

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I found all of them in seconds, except the gecko. Still not sure exactly where it is.....

I will put my skills down to being a mother of 3 under 10yrs of age. I have to be able to find hidden things/children almost instantly haha!

Super cool pictures, OP, thank you for sharing!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I saw all of them under 1 minute at 100% yeah! Thanks for posting it up, it's a nice eye exercise somewhat.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Awesome thread -many thanks for sharing these pics.

It's not a photo but when it comes to camouflage, here's the head honcho!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

WOW thtas cool as hell

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Thats interesting that color blind sees it right away. And some people certain ones just pop right out.. I wonder if its because we all see colors a little differently

Yea, it really makes you wonder how everybody else perceives the world!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Never found the coyote

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by goou111

Never found the coyote

its right in the middle maximize your screensize you will see it

new topics

top topics