Establishing Consensus - Why Alternative News Won't Faze the Sheeple

page: 1
1

log in

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Talking about alternative theories is a daunting task. Some of you would claim the masses are more open to alternative news. Are they, really? First of all, where do we get these ''news'' from? Mostly Youtube and forums such as this. Let's be honest here, there's no crystal ball telling us the divine truth. Yet, many in the alternative field are absolutely, utterly, convinced they know the truth. Based on what? Did they have a first-hand experience? Rhetorical question. How do they differ from the mainstream, then?

Secondly, once the consensus is established in the minds of the masses (it was Bin Laden, Sandy Hook was a terrible tragedy perpetrated by a deranged individual - take your pick) are molded. It doesn't matter how many leaflets you're going to distribute, it doesn't matter how many people you're going to try to convert. Their minds are made up - the powers that be know exactly what they are doing by offering an ''official version'' as fast as possible.

They know the minds of the masses are already heavily conditioned to respond to the ''according to the authorities, new study shows'' rule.

Yeah, others will convert. What will it change? The alternative information is rarely reliable. In fact, it is likely both mainstream AND alternative versions of events are manipulated in some way.

The conclusion? If you didn't see it, you just don't know.

The masses (whatever that even means) are not keen on analyses. They just want ready, cookie-cutter, answers. It doesn't matter if what you're telling them is bunk: does it sound good? Then we want it!

It's nothing more than sophisticated marketing.




posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I understand what you're saying, since even 'alternative' thinking types tend to be equally influenced by authority figures and information that suits their goals or agendas. Humans are sadly just not evolved into the perfect creatures to absorb information ...

I think how you're feeling and expressing right now is exactly what the powers that be want. They like the status quo because they are the powers that be; the powers that are right now. By making you feel powerless, you stop discussing, communicating, and asking questions and the status quo is defended and maintained ... Some days I feel the same.

Every now and then though there is a moment where someone or something gives me a little handful of faith. Now and then someone just asks the right question at the right moment or gives the right information and a change happens.

Look at just less than a hundred years ago ... Women during the world wars were urging their men to go to war, nations barely questioned their leaders, and we were about as globally aware as a single celled organism. Just because the sweeping changes we wish for, or the evidence we would like doesn't present it self - it doesn't mean we should ever stop asking the questions we deserve the answers to!



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pinke
I understand what you're saying, since even 'alternative' thinking types tend to be equally influenced by authority figures and information that suits their goals or agendas. Humans are sadly just not evolved into the perfect creatures to absorb information ...

I think how you're feeling and expressing right now is exactly what the powers that be want. They like the status quo because they are the powers that be; the powers that are right now. By making you feel powerless, you stop discussing, communicating, and asking questions and the status quo is defended and maintained ... Some days I feel the same.

Every now and then though there is a moment where someone or something gives me a little handful of faith. Now and then someone just asks the right question at the right moment or gives the right information and a change happens.

Look at just less than a hundred years ago ... Women during the world wars were urging their men to go to war, nations barely questioned their leaders, and we were about as globally aware as a single celled organism. Just because the sweeping changes we wish for, or the evidence we would like doesn't present it self - it doesn't mean we should ever stop asking the questions we deserve the answers to!


I never said it is about powerlessness. The powers that be want stagnation: what I am saying is look beyond the mainstream AND the alternative. You want to know the truth? Get out there and investigate. This is what I am saying.

Also: to be fair, we can only speculate on what TPTB want. We cannot ascertain it 100%.

Thanks for your input.
edit on 19-2-2013 by FlowThruSpace because: tralala



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Additional points worth considering: there's all this talk about waking up the sheeple.

1. What are these ''sheeple?''

2. Why exactly would one need to wake them up?

3. What is the definition of ''waking up?'' How does one ascertain it indeed occurred?

Food for thought.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It is certainly a trust issue, but we have little to base that trust on except what we hear from other people. It's a precarious situation we have been placed in, to judge information based on basically nothing. Maybe the author of some alternative news source has written a book about something, but most will probably not have read it and it's hard to verify the facts written in said book it if you don't have personal experience on the subject. But then again I don't trust the MSM because of the actions of the owners of these news outlets and their ties to other influential organizations.

Usually I wait to make a judgment quite a while so that different stories emerge and piece them together to what seems most logical and unbiased explanation. We really can't tell who to trust but blogs and the like that analyze news sources we can maybe take the temperature of the news outlet, we need personal statements from people living where events transpire, the more the better. But can we trust the blogs then? Maybe, maybe not. Like the news sources we can't know for sure, but a personal opinion is at least less likely to be anchored in a profitable cause, unless it's a paid for blog...

It's a circular argument, who watches the guards? That kind of a thing. We have to place trust somewhere unfortunately and it's very dynamic, this trust issue. I prefer not to accept any single source as trustworthy but on a case by case basis. Very old friends and family is the only thing I truly trust, all of them has yet to truly break that trust, but of course I never accept any information from as fact unless they can back it up to, if something sounds fishy it probably is.

This reminds me of 1984, when Winston Smith discovers that his girlfriend was a spy all along. They control everything, who knows? I believe the try to control everything and to some extent believe they will but in reality people are just people, the trust can be broken at any moment, nature cannot be controlled, we might be able to put up a nice curtain for a while but in the end it will do whatever it pleases.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
EVEN HOUSEWIVES ARE TALKING REVOLUTION THESE DAYS....(NO OFFENSE LADIES)
THERE ARENT TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN THE GOVERMENTS GOOD WILL ANYMORE....
WHAT IS HEPPENING THOUGH IS THAT THEY AE ALL SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF REALLY ADMITTING WHATS GOING ON AS THEY DREAD THE LONG UPHILL BATTLE TO GET LIBERTY AND THE COUNRY BACK IN THE HANDS OF HONOURABLE MEN......AND ALL THE SACIFICES THEYLL HAVE TO MAKE..



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
EVEN HOUSEWIVES ARE TALKING REVOLUTION THESE DAYS....(NO OFFENSE LADIES)
THERE ARENT TOO MANY PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN THE GOVERMENTS GOOD WILL ANYMORE....
WHAT IS HEPPENING THOUGH IS THAT THEY AE ALL SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF REALLY ADMITTING WHATS GOING ON AS THEY DREAD THE LONG UPHILL BATTLE TO GET LIBERTY AND THE COUNRY BACK IN THE HANDS OF HONOURABLE MEN......AND ALL THE SACIFICES THEYLL HAVE TO MAKE..


What will revolution do? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. TPTB have their fingers in all sorts of pies.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace
 



1. What are these ''sheeple?''

Zombies.


2. Why exactly would one need to wake them up?

Because they are walking around in an unnatural state for human beings. Many call it sleep.


3. What is the definition of ''waking up?'' How does one ascertain it indeed occurred?

Waking up refers to someone who has begun to analyze, ask questions, and think for themselves. Ideally. They neither accept nor reject information at face value. But rather weigh evidence for themselves.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Klassified because: corrections



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace
 


This is where we tear down the old and rebuild the new. When the people rise from the ASH of the old, we build a new evolved society. Basically out with the old and in with the new. Take what we know and then separate the bad from good and toss the bad and enhance the good. Yea it won't be perfect but' it's a start.

Top 3 things to get rid of.

1. Greed/Money (Banksters)
2. Shady political figures (term limits on all members of the new congress not just the president. Just for starters)
3. Segregation. (All people our equal)

Getting rid of at least these thing would already show progress. Believe it or not, people rising from the ASH would welcome these Idea's. It will take a massive change for people to evolve past where we are now.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
how many sheeple does it take to change a light bulb? ... one to screw it in, 1 million to recommend the right brand!



why did the sheeple cross the road? ... to stay on the same side!



a sheeple, a parrot, and a sockpuppet walk into a bar ...



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by FlowThruSpace
 



1. What are these ''sheeple?''

Zombies.


2. Why exactly would one need to wake them up?

Because they are walking around in an unnatural state for human beings. Many call it sleep.


3. What is the definition of ''waking up?'' How does one ascertain it indeed occurred?

Waking up refers to someone who has begun to analyze, ask questions, and think for themselves. Ideally. They neither accept nor reject information at face value. But rather weigh evidence for themselves.
edit on 2/19/2013 by Klassified because: corrections


Yeah, they're zombies. Would you really attempt to revive a zombie or rather keep your distance?




Interesting question would be: are there members of the elite who have absolutely no contact with the sheep?



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlowThruSpace
 



Yeah, they're zombies. Would you really attempt to revive a zombie or rather keep your distance?

I was revived. So I try to get others to think for themselves too.



Interesting question would be: are there members of the elite who have absolutely no contact with the sheep?

Limited maybe. Absolutely none? I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't seem likely. Talk about living in a bubble. That would make a person delusional I would think. Come to think of it, maybe it's more likely than I thought.



posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The problem with "alternative news" is 99% of the time its either a crazy person or somebody making money off crazy people that provide it. It also asks us believe that nobody in the world has done anything in the last few thousand years without it being part of some secret conspirecy that never results in anything.





new topics
top topics
 
1

log in

join