It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sniper posts pic of child in crosshairs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
I have a question here....

I am not an expert on military scopes. But what the heck is that big bright red thing on the scope in the picture??? It certainly looks to extend beyond the eyepiece. This would make it nearly impossible and practically in-feasible to be a rifle scope, sniper scope, or any scope I would care to put to my face/eye.

Might this raise the question, is this photo legit..or was it poorly photoshopped??

The red lever releases the flip up dust cover (that is cropped out of the photo).
I agree, I think it's "shopped."

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Reading the full article it says it was taken off the internet.

Eytan Buchman, a spokesman for the Israel Defense Forces, told ABC News that Ostrovski told his commander on Saturday that he had not taken the photo himself but that he'd taken it off the internet. No disciplinary action will be taken.

This could mean that it was not created by an IDF soldier, but it was posted by one. In what context we don't have the original post to read.

I am not here to take part in the debate of of Jews and Palestinians or any of that other political stuff.

I am just simply calling out a detail to the community,

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

Yeah I noticed that as well. I don't think he is being honest because he posted similar pictures, and this one was obviously instagrammed and posted to his instagram. So if he didn't take it another IDF did,

Also, I didn't want to have any kind of religious argument either. I don't understand why the religion always has to be brought in and it can't be considered as one force over another force that employs assymetrical warfare.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

Yeah I noticed that as well. I don't think he is being honest because he posted similar pictures, and this one was obviously instagrammed and posted to his instagram. So if he didn't take it another IDF did,

Also, I didn't want to have any kind of religious argument either. I don't understand why the religion always has to be brought in and it can't be considered as one force over another force that employs assymetrical warfare.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Why would the shooter miss? You have to realize that when something is at a distance they won't be dead center of the scope because drop and wind are taken into consideration. Also it was instagrammed. If you look all instragram pictures have that look.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
this is an example of a trophy pic.

mild as they go, yet distasteful

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

That is something that had crossed my mind. That is why I witheld my condemnation of the very idea of placing a crosshair on a childs head, and attempted to connect with the image, and its content in the same way as I would appreciate any other piece of photo journalism.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I see the mods changed your headline (even though they let a million other ones go as is)....

They did mine for the Israeli thread in my signature...even though I did copy the exact headline (because it made Israel look bad)...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

If there was innocence left in that land, wars would not be like yearly holidays.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I wonder who he was trying to impress
Truely pathetic really
Just sad

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
This isn't really surprising. If you are taught from birth you are the "chosen people" what do you expect?. This entails believing that a magical sky fairy tells you that the you, a "chosen person" own that land and should act supremacist towards everyone else.

edit on 19-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Never mind what Israelis delude or excuse themselves with, but assuming for a nanosecond, Jews really were God's favoured or chosen people after all...wouldn't it then behove them to act in a Godly manner to other less fortunate peoples?

I mean, we're not all as close to God as others...Vicars, Priests, Rabbis, Iman's and on an on for example are supposedly closer than we are...yet, that doesn't mean any of the above should feel justified in blowing us to pieces or clubbing us with a hammer, they act in a godly manner towards us (generally), why wouldn't the 'master race' be the same?

Did i say Master race? Of course i mean't 'chosen race'.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I dont get what everyone is so freaked out about. This snipers god has taken out a ba jillion children. Some fast and clean kills, some slow and painfull. Have you ever read the OT? Filled with violence against children and women. Come to think of it. The little boys god ALSO kills women and children. hmmm. Seems like the middle east needs a new god. I am available. No killing required. Women may enjoy copulation and have multiple husbands under my rules. Still not enough? Male Concubines. Why would anyone care if a sexist regime screamed racisim?.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I don't know.

I think it's photo shopped, besides, the shooter is going to miss.

he shouldnt miss if hes off for the reason of adjusting for windage, depending on the target distance and wind at that time. or, like i said before, he may be just a peeping freak with no other means to watch the kid eat an icecream.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Had this picture come from some liberal schmuck in Greenwich Village it would have been called art.
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
watch the war you dont see, this happens alot. and it is rather intriguing

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Why would an IDF soldier post something so brazenly incriminating on the internet? It doesn't make much sense. Now, of course, there are many plausible explanations, each of which could be seen as probable to some degree. For example, he was a disgruntled soldier with an axe to grind against the IDF. Since the IDF and Israel in general deals with such a crass world opinion quick to criticize everything they do (and this is surely known by all mature Israelis), naturally, posting a picture of a child in your sniper scope would elicit an extremely negative response, damaging Israel's already battered reputation.

Option number 2: he's a total ignoramus who didn't take into account the platitudinous consequence of posting a photo of a child in his sniper scope.

Which seems more probable? Given human behaviour, and the general knowledge of Israels iffy place in international politics, it seems beyond question that this posting was probably deliberate so as to educe opprobrium. It's simply naive to think this all "just happened" without any forethought or planning.

And, also to buttress my point: there are plenty of Israeli leftists who hate Israel: Shilomit Aloni, Illan Pape, Amos Oz, etc. What they especially despise is the nationalistic fervour of the political right (likud, Israel Beiteinu etc)- the direction the country is increasingly moving. By propagating false ideas about Israel's government, military, and culture, they figure they're better able to hedge against the momentum and political gains my by the right.

In effect, this is what this picture accomplishes. So long as there are undiscriminating simpletons who don't scrutinize, or pay attention to the possibility of this being propaganda (designed to serve certain particular interests), then all will work as designed.

I am here to shine the light on whats obvious. This is far too simple to be taken literally.
edit on 25-2-2013 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
he probably poseted it because it was a funny joke. whos to say the photo is even real?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
he probably poseted it because it was a funny joke. whos to say the photo is even real?
Ya, reading the OP link is a Stressful thing for you to Acknowledge the Truth.

Heres a gem (my,my, from the same link) from the HEAD of the IDF Social Spokesperson of Media had done.
The Freakin Head Spokesperson for Cripes Sake...

In November, the head of the IDF spokesperson's social media unit landed in hot water after he posted a photo on Facebook with mud on his face, captioned "Obama style."
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

LOL THAT SECOND PART IS A DOOZIE, MUD FACED MAN IS GREAT!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join