learn more

sniper posts pic of child in crosshairs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

These aren't baseless assumptions. MY goodness is anyone reading the article?
The IDF has responded saying it was wrong. In the same article it lists another much worse incident from just last week, and then two other past incidents.

The IDF treat the Palestinian less than human. It's a fact. As I have said many times nothing about Judiasm is involved in my opinion. Even when you TRUBRIT reference it theres that twinge of always tying the race to it "Israel bashing" so if this were Syria, or Libya or any other country it would be fine. This is a country we support with our money that are treating these people horrible. It flies though because no one can separate the state from the religion. This is a country with a military oppressing a people. That is it. Their religions is no concern of mine.
edit on 19-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Israel may have done an awful lot of things wrong, and I would be the first to agree with you. But responding to comments in this thread with so little logic as you have been displaying, does not help you illustrate your points at all. I am not saying this to you to rile you, or to be rude. I am saying it because I respect you.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Give me an instance where I am lacking in logic.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nake13

I'm sure that most people find this sort of picture distasteful,but I guarantee you that many snipers from many different nations will at some point have framed an inappropriate "target" in their sights,this doesn't neccesarily have any sinister overtones,more a way of breaking the monotony for a soldier, who is usually hidden, and static in the same position for extended periods of time.

Of course snipers zeroed many people with their scope... BUT to take a picture and publish in the internet and thinking is a good idea is complete different level.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

He is all but verified Palestinian and it is less logical to think an IDF soldier would ever point a gun at an Israeli,

You guys are making the argument that can be made that throws a wrench in the progression of the thread. The boy is undoubtedly Palestinian. This is why he is not named and why the IDF was so quick to condemn.

The image depicts a young boy sitting near a field, with his back towards the viewer. As the camera peers through what appears to be the scope of a sniper rifle, the boy's head sits centered in a set of crosshairs. The Guardian reports that Ostrovski is a sniper in the Israeli army. Given the minarets and Arabic architecture in the background of the photo, the child is likely Palestinian.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
wtf!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Exactly. This was most likely done not to bring discussion about how they completely own the gazans but to give and get cheap thrills from other commentators. The people here that can't understand the point of the photo are the ones that are tuning out.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

If you had see pictures of the strip you'd know. For fun what do you think your or anyone else would say if it were an Israeli boy? Think he would post that online?

This is a picture of a sniper patrolling the gaza strip aiming his rifle at the back of a child's head. It doesn't get more cut and dry logical as that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

He is all but verified Palestinian and there is less logical to think an IDF soldier would ever point a gun at an Israeli,

You guys are making the argument that can be made that throws a wrench in the progression of the thread. The boy is undoubtedly Palestinian. This is why he is not named and why the IDF was so quick to condemn.

The image depicts a young boy sitting near a field, with his back towards the viewer. As the camera peers through what appears to be the scope of a sniper rifle, the boy's head sits centered in a set of crosshairs. The Guardian reports that Ostrovski is a sniper in the Israeli army. Given the minarets and Arabic architecture in the background of the photo, the child is likely Palestinian.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

You argue against yourself! You are making assumptions based on information presented to you by sensationalist mainstream media. There is no such thing as "All but verified" there is either Verified or Not Verified.

The quote you have now added is that it is a photo peering through what APPEARS to be the scope of sniper rifle... So even this is not confirmed?

Nothing has been confirmed and you blindly believe it because you don't like Israel..

I would just like to add I am on the fence, there have been atrocities committed by both sides, however, learn to question what is presented to you and not just follow blindly without context.

Truth_Hz
edit on 19-2-2013 by Truth_Hz because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The world isn't a bunch of different peoples getting along.

Humans are animals and have been killing each other to get land/resources since the first clan got together to pillage another group.

The score card says Israel is winning and will rule over all humans on Earth.

There's NOTHING anyone can do about it. Just wait for when its your time to get killed off.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Another picture from this soldiers instagram before he deleted it. It was posted along with the other picture.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No I am not blindly believing it because of some media articles. Those are just aides in relaying the story. I believe it because the IDF has made a statement about it and apologized.

So kindly remove your misinformation. I don't dislike Israel, I dislike their government.

I have learned to question plenty that is why I despite the garbage constantly fed by the media I am aware of the condition the people of the Gaza Strip are forced into. I am aware that they are killed regularly and denied much aid by Israel. Ask yourself why you don't see as persistent attacks from the west bank? They are much more rare.

Also... the sniper rifle bit.. why even argue that. What does that matter? It was never denied to be one, but does that detail really matter? A gun with a scope aimed at a childs head. You want to argue over the nationality of the kid despite all common sense and argue the type of gun.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
- He is an sniper from IDF
- The sniper rifle probable is loaded because he was on duty
- Snipers zeroed "target" for many reasons
- Taking picture through a scope was not an accident, it was intended
- Publishing a picture in the internet is for sharing purposes
- He zeroed in child head
- He though it was a good idea, don't matter what for (protest, dehumanizing the enemy etc)
- By accident he could shot the child even if not intended
- It is a stupid idea

Do you ever point a real weapon to anyone to take a picture? Accidents happens that why people usually don't do that because it is a stupid idea from the start.
edit on 19/2/13 by blackcube because: (no reason given)
edit on 19/2/13 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Thank you.. one of the few people with logic in this thread that isn't making spurious arguments simply for the sake of arguing.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Basically you have made it clear you blindly support Israel in all actions and are possibly islamaphobic.

No evidence for that in a god damn thing that Jimmyx wrote. I know what Islamaphobia looks like, because its my duty to slam all xenophobia where ever I see it. It is my enemy, and I know its shape very, very well.

You are being thick headed and more than a little racist.

This coming from a fellow who has spent the ENTIRE thread making spurious generalisations about people you have never met? Get real!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I do not want to be insensitive to this topic but we have to take in mind that this is a 20 year old young adult. Unfortunately 20 years old just make plain old stupid mistakes. I did...my friends did. Look at what some have done in our very own military. He needs to be disciplined but we can't base one mans actions on their entire military.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Kind of shocking to see that kind of mindset! **** him!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

reply to post by jimmyx

Basically you have made it clear you blindly support Israel in all actions and are possibly islamaphobic.

No evidence for that in a god damn thing that Jimmyx wrote. I know what Islamaphobia looks like,
Really, you are a Great Humanitarian.

Go back and look at your m8 Jimmys Postings.
Every one of them Deflected to some event from from some Islamist.
"But ,But, the evil green teeth Muslims did this..... (sniff, sniff)"
Remember that the OP is about a Israeli Sniper.... my great Humanitarian friend.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

And another thing...You say that the IDF have disciplined the person concerned... well they would, especially if the photograph was a political statement against the military establishment, rather than being yet another example of poor treatment of the Palestinians.

You refute all possibilities that argue with your assumption that the person who took this image did so deliberately to inflame the Palestinian people, deny all possibility that this was done with any other intent what so ever. That is not logical. You have approached every counter claim with utter disdain and not a moments due consideration.

Not helpful, and not logical at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I don't think he did it to inflame the Palestinian people at all. I think he did it for laughs on whatever social network he is on and with whatever kind of people would enjoy having a laugh at such a thing.

I said that already, and you are now making assumptions about why I think.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join