It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 41
<< 38  39  40   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

strongfp
My girlfriends brother whom is a geologist was one of 5 people in the last 10 years to take a course about astro-planetary geology or something along those lines. Something to do with space rocks and moon / mars geological formations.
I think I'll show this to him and see what he says. He was one of 3 who actually passed the course.

Looks pretty convincing tho.
i wouldnt mind doing that course!

Yar, sounds fascinating. Could be problematic though when a lecturer presents a sample of basalt or sandstone, and everyone insists that it's actually part of a Martian Chest-of-Drawers, ceremonial mask or Hugo's man-bits and that he's just telling lies as he's been paid by da gubbermunt

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

skalla

symptomoftheuniverse

strongfp
My girlfriends brother whom is a geologist was one of 5 people in the last 10 years to take a course about astro-planetary geology or something along those lines. Something to do with space rocks and moon / mars geological formations.
I think I'll show this to him and see what he says. He was one of 3 who actually passed the course.

Looks pretty convincing tho.
i wouldnt mind doing that course!

Yar, sounds fascinating. Could be problematic though when a lecturer presents a sample of basalt or sandstone, and everyone insists that it's actually part of a Martian Chest-of-Drawers, ceremonial mask or Hugo's man-bits and that he's just telling lies as he's been paid by da gubbermunt
or the other way round,they present hugo's man bits and everyone claims its basalt.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

touché

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just discovered this thread...awesome pictures! I think you've posted the best of the best here!

Have to S&F so I can look again!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
You know, I've looked at pictures sent back from Mars ever since the so called FACE. I have come to believe it a matter of perspective. Take for instance the so called Cross and Grave photo. If you look closely you'll see that the lines that make up the image are all at different distances but because of the angle the photo was taken at, all the lines match up to look like something that isn't really there. A lot of these photos would look quite different if the camera moved to either side or the back and took the photo from that angle. Never mind the lighting and different heights of lines that make an image look like one thing when it's really an amalgamation of three or four different things at different heights and distances.

Then there's the Mermaid Statue.

What's a realist to do?

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40   >>

join