It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm not surprised considering the other anomalies found on this planet, NASA picked that spot because they knew any signs of life that was once there would be washed into that crater.

Something else to consider, for those not familiar with astrobiology, planets must be within the habitable zone of their parent star, which through time obviously cools, I propose that Mars was once in that habitable zone

edit on 19-2-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I'm all for the potential of evidence of past life on mars i just dont get the whole NASA is evil and doctors photos and hides things from the public thing.

i also agree with your habitable zone comment

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Mike Singh and Zorgon owned the Mars piks! lol

I believe!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Arkin, again you have come up with some great stuff.
Love your threads.
If this or one of you threads caused NASA to take another look at
an object that was later verified as a fossil, would you get credit for
discovering life from another world? After all you would be the first to say 'here it is".

Never the less keep it up, alot of us enjoy your threads.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I had similar thoughts about the zone. Mars might of had life before Earth.

But this is also being focused on Earth like life, we can only guess the extent of life and it's environments through the universe.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm usually in the "it's a rock" camp....but that first one is pretty damn compelling. Should be interesting to see where this goes. Nice job!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Arken
Every paleontologist, even with low skills, can confirm that there are Bones.
It is only a matter of time.

Soon NASA/JPL will give the official announcement.

What, that they found more rocks on Mars, as that is all that they are....

Are you going to start a new thread everytime NASA posts a picture of a rock to the internet?

Are you getting paid by NASA to diss and ridicule any person that brings VALID observations on Mars pictures?

How about you go ask NASA why they are only interested with "rocks" and soil samples, when there are so many unbelievable things on Mars, like those two giant holes, several artificial-looking formations, and so on?

You are not for real, obviously.

edit on 19/2/13 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

Originally posted by Spacespider

Originally posted by skalla
with the greatest of respect, if you spent as much time learning about geology and archaeology as you did examining photos of mars, then you would say "rocks" too

Have you even looked at those pictures yourself ?
I guess you prefer the most social accepted answer, afraid to stand out of the norm..
That´s clearly not natural rock formations

yes, i did look at these pictures for quite some time prior to posting a response. i also studied archaeology at two highly respected universities as well as handling bones at excavations. i use modern bones for craft projects as well as home decoration and work with animals on farms. this does not make me an expert in my own estimation but gives me a decent grounding in recognising them. i'm a pretty keen rock hound too.

i dont take a view to "stand out from a norm" but simply examine things on their own merits.

still rocks, quite clearly.

Archaeology encompasses many sections but Paleontology, osteoarchaeology and archaeozooology although simular are very different fields of study.. and handling bones for two years does not an expert make.

The image provided in the OP does in fact look like a type of Reptile or Marine Vertebrae an example Here
edit on 19-2-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Argyll

Geez dude... chill. Here...

Vatican admits its possible...

That's what I said!

The Vatican admitted to the possibility of alien life!.....they did not confirm life on other planets....there's a big difference!

And I'm quite chilled thank you

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

You can always spot the closed minded ones mate

I'll throw myself out on a limb, in that crater there does indeed lie rocks, but there also lies ancient remnants of structures which are CLEARLY visible in other NASA pics and also fossils which can be seen here.

It isn't really such a big leap to consider that Mars once had life, guess some folks just can't handle the fact that there was advanced life before us and there will be after us.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Exellent find Arken! and thankyou for sharing

I do wish Mike and Zorgon still posted
they are real masters at this subject.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nfflhome
Arkin, again you have come up with some great stuff.
Love your threads.
If this or one of you threads caused NASA to take another look at
an object that was later verified as a fossil, would you get credit for
discovering life from another world? After all you would be the first to say 'here it is".

Never the less keep it up, alot of us enjoy your threads.

Thanks nfflhome, but I'm no one without YOU (all the members of ATS) and Above Top Secret.com...

We (all of us) can only spread the truth, hidden, for a so long time... Make our best.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

When all one has is a hammer, everything starts looking like nails. Apply same to rocks...

The question might be, who in control of NASA, wants things kept low keyed or covered up. It's not going to be the average working there making those decisions.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I usually dont comment on posts like this, but I must agree that does really look like something other than rocks...
If it was something other than rocks I wonder if NASA would ever tell us what it really is ?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

When all one has is a hammer, everything starts looking like nails. Apply same to rocks...

The question might be, who in control of NASA, wants things kept low keyed or covered up. It's not going to be the average working there making those decisions.

Think of it like this, NASA could never admit to knowledge of such things, it instantly proves them and other connected parties liars due to their previous statements. What better way to pass the buck than just release the images and let people see for themselves? Ergo, NASA don't have to say anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Great thread OP, very interesting indeed...

One picture in particular really stood out to me,

Originally posted by Arken

I reminds me of a straight-shelled cephalopod,

Our family camp is on Manitoulin Island in Ontario and these things are everywhere, I have a couple real nice samples myself and the resemblance is uncanny.

Awesome find, really makes you wonder...
Keep 'em coming!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What makes me chuckle about this whole saga is that in a couple of hundred or so million years from now, explorers from another planet, star system or whatever are going to send a robot to our good old planet earth and pictures will be sent back to their space agency...

I can just picture the aliens on their telepathic, hologramic or whatever type of communication techniques they have saying :

"You still haven't got it right have you? they are just rocks!!!"

Even if that rock formation looks somewhat like the Eiffel tower, Big Ben, Statue of Liberty, Sperm whale bones etc etc...

Well done for a great thread, i am going to go also for the possibility of some of those pictures being of "animal" origin

S+F to you OP

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Great find!

I have never been one of the it's just rocks crowd. I think it's obvious that life will or will have existed on other planets

There's mountains of evidence pointing to this conclusion also origin of life on earth is just a pipe dream of convoluted nonsense. I believe life was seeded on earth through Panspermia or Directed Panspermia. Either way, life originated in space and seeds planets. This life then adapts to it's environment and in cases like earth, intelligent life evolves instead of some magic soup on earth that was struck by lightning a few times and life just appeared.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This NASA pic is even more disturbing....

...as is your lack of faith.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is like a Rorschach blot, each person sees what they want to see.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join