It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Apologies on my behalf

No apologies needed but thank you.

that being said, be more specific about how you do stuff...

I'm not very good at explaining myself. Just ask my ex-wife.

no idea what a an Auto Desaturation does

It automatically desaturates. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by papajake

Whatever you did, your image is now much clearer and it's a lot easier to see the detail than on the original image.

The detail leaps out now.

I'm going to run your methods on a few of the stored images i have, cheers.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by impaired

reply to post by impaired

To this one. www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

That's it.

No. Seem that I never send a message to these science guys....

Unmanned Spaceflight.com > Rules and Guidelines - Please Read

1.3 Astrobiology may not be discussed here, even in the context of a mission with those stated goals. This includes other banned topics such as SETI, "Red Rain," alien visitors, exobiology, biosignatures, microorganisms, fossils et cetera. (Amended 19Oct'12 / Updated 21Nov'12)

Damn Bill Nye!

edit on 21-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you brought that up.
It sucks - I won't lie.

BUT, you can simply just ask them what the rocks are without saying anything about fossils.

I'm on the verge of doing it, to be honest, but I don't want to get laughed at for what may be a stupid question - and I mean no disrespect to you at all - seriously.

You have to be careful (unfortunately) when approaching the topic. But there's always a way to say/ask something.

Being that you have a good eye, I would like to see you there, to be honest, and see you post. But like I said, you would have to follow that rule. It sucks, I know.

But yeah, man. Make an account there. It will take weeks to be allowed to post, but I recommend it.

If I feel gutsy enough, I will post it on your behalf to find out.

They do look interesting, but the resolution is not good enough to find out further. And once you see Mars in 3d with anaglyph glasses, you'll notice that not only is Mars really strange, but shadows and terrain play a very important role in all of this. Things are not what you think once you see it in 3D (get the cheap glasses for $3).

So, I'm just saying there may not be enough data in the images to tell, and not having degrees and proclaiming things to be something while others who know about this tell you it may not be, is not being objective.

Hey - I want them to be fossils. Trust me on that. But we have to look at all angles - facts, etc.

But I've been fooled too many times, and the chances of bones or even fossils at ground level on Mars might be very unlikely. But perhaps not out of the question.

And remember - if NASA thought there was anything in these images that would cause a frenzy, they wouldn't manipulate them. They just wouldn't release them.

I caught the rhythm of when and how the images come in (the downlink). I have feeds, etc. Some questionable things happen - trust me on that as well.

But I won't get into that one. Just make an account on UMSF.com. It will do you good.

edit on 2/21/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

And remember - if NASA thought there was anything in these images that would cause a frenzy, they wouldn't manipulate them. They just wouldn't release them.

BINGO

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I see bones in them there sands.
around where i'm from we have one of the largest mastodon finds, and my friends field is littered with exposed bone fragments, which some are massive, but the only way we knew what they were was to send them to the lab at the university, which they said were bone fragments from mastodon or other creatures from that era.

if they look like bones, they are bones, and on that note, there's no bones about it

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

BINGO

Can't be hundred percent sure on the verification but I did hear, that it takes around 15-16 minutes to get the picture back from Curiosity and they're put directly on the NASA/JPL site. I couldn't find any corroboration on the time it takes for them to be put on the net though, but I'm thinking it's pretty quick

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

BINGO

Can't be hundred percent sure on the verification but I did hear, that it takes around 15-16 minutes to get the picture back from Curiosity and they're put directly on the NASA/JPL site. I couldn't find any corroboration on the time it takes for them to be put on the net though, but I'm thinking it's pretty quick

Some images aren't released, and I just happen to "bump into them", if you know what I mean.

Some are even totally unable to be found, but we know they're there.

I make mosiacs and panoramas from those images. Like I said, I know the rhythm of the downlinks (2 satellites), and we can tell when something seems to be up.

But they're only accusations. No real way to tell, but when something smells a little fishy, those with the nose can catch the whiff.

Again - a whole 'nother conspiracy/thing, and I went into detail about it an old thread and got railroaded from it. Whatever,

So, now is my position clearer on this?
Edit - I mean that question generally.

edit on 2/21/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

On which old thead? Can you link it? I was waiting for you to comment on this thread, and your comments have been worth the wait.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Just recieved an e-mail from a Paleontologist Professor: 99% they are FOSSILS!

He want know, for the total confirmation, where he can find the area where I made this discovery, to dig the site.... because he don't know and do not recognize what kind of dinosaur it could be.....

How can I do, to tell him, that the "site" is off-limt, at this moment?

edit on 22-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

So you sent these pics to a paleo without telling him they where taken on Mars, and then you wonder why he comes back and says they most likely are fossils (A paleo isnt a geologist so he might not know of ventifacts)... and then you post as if 'Look im vindicated!!!' because of his reply...

Tell him where the photo is from, let him at least revise his conclusion given he's got only half the information... because he sure as hell will revise it when he finds out.

Followed more than likely by your email address being stuck on his spam filter... unfrickin believable.

Edit:- Oh and which pics did you send him? I sure hope you sent him the original, red mars pic and not the color altered one Papajake did...

edit on 22-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Just recieved an e-mail from a Paleontologist Professor: 99% they are FOSSILS!

He want know, for the total confirmation, where he can find the area where I made this discovery, to dig the site.... because he don't know and do not recognize what kind of dinosaur it could be.....

How can I do, to tell him, that the "site" is off-limt, at this moment?

edit on 22-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

String him along a bit to milk him for all the info you can. maybe send buddies desaturated images to him as well.

If you tell him he is looking at Mars, he will likely BAIL
edit on 22-2-2013 by lnfideI because: Long before my grandfather was born, this land was ours.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Do it. Now wait his response...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Enjoyed the images. Instead of using your linked image, I went and found it myself searching Raw Images from marsprogram using #109 in the mastcam section viewed it in both PS6 and CS2 zoomed in to the area that showed what appeared to be a fossil of a spine and It really does look as though it is. I even projected it from my computer to my 63" tv and had my hubby look at it and he was impressed.

The image is dated 11/25/12

I kinda hope it ends up being a fossil we've seen fossilized bacteria from a Mars meteor, it isn't too unlikely that other life inhabited Mars at some point.
edit on 2/22/13 by Pixiefyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I read this earlier .
Any word on the non altered images yet?

They look like a bunch of rocks to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

And how much of your experience did you get on Mars?

Just because you saw a lot of bones on Earth, doesn't mean you are an expert on bones on Mars, right?

They maybe stones or bones, I can't tell, but I'm keeping the possibility open!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
even IF those strange looking things are Fossils & not just rocks...

it begs the question... were these things indeginious to Mars or are they just the bones from the sea creatures which got thrown onto Mars during the great deluge

The Great Deluge...when oceans of water flooded Marswhen the Legendary 'water planet' (aka' Vulcan) exploded some 2 billion years ago then forming into the present day Asteroid Belt

i would suspect that our Terrestrial Flood Story of both Gilgamesh and the Bible are based on very deep Myths & collective (archtype) memories from the exploding-planet-hypothesis...which happened on Mars & not Earth
see: www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RationalDespair

i didnt claim to be an expert on bones so your point seems moot.

did you read my posts at all? it's a long thread i know, but if you are going to leap on things that you think i said, you may as well get it right.

edit on 22-2-2013 by skalla because: clarity

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Way to go Arken !

I enjoyed those images. The second one has great detail at least from a Nasa standpoint. They are throwing us some "bones" sort of speak
But actually to me it seems like it could be a structure of some sort because of the holes in the structures. I guess it could be ancient bones but it almost looks like ancient high tech encasements because of those holes. Those holes are in areas were I am not sure skeletons have holes. I remember seeing rebar that sticks out plainly on mars images and structures that are ancient can have a look of a skeleton. Especially when dirt is caked on through the ages. I see a LOT of evidence on that.

But I think it is a wonderful set of images and a great find! Way to go!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by lnfideI

Do it. Now wait his response...

When you do tell him, do it nicely and ask if he'd like to go public with his analysis. When he finds out it's Mars he may not be 99 percent sure, but even if there is a chance that they are bones he may want to be one of the first to issue a "maybe, they are likely rocks but they need more analysis" statement. When you tell him let him know about this thead (and ask him to sign in as a member even if he doesn't post, because it's much easier to cut out the distracting ads that way. I wish the owners had some way to squash the ads on a particular thread, this one for example, if it goes major media). And if he still wants to help dig them up, tell him to dress warm!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
reply to post by Pauligirl

Personally, I'm with the "rocks" crowd on this one. I just don't think that Mars ever had lifeforms that advanced. I'd settle for microbes.

A rash and foolish way to view this particular topic. Science will proof this statement false.

A rash and foolish attitude? Science has proofed (Sorry proved) that Mars is full of rocks, not boney creatures. So the view of the ones on the rock side is far from foolish and rash, rather sensible and level headed. (For the minute).

I would love for these to be bones, chances are they're not though.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join