It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Type "strange rock formation" into google image search and see some seriously strange, yet natural stuff. I'm not sure whether I can find anything I'd consider "spinal" looking, I didn't look hard enough, but Earth is not Mars, we should expect to see different types of formations there.

What is so special about spinal type formations, that makes it stranger than the formations we can see form naturally on Earth? There are tons of what are obviously rocks on Mars, that have formations and shapes of all sorts.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

If this was on Mars, you'd be calling it a "Martian Patio".

kathryn0in0ireland.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just thinking about... What if they realy go everywhere, but because of security, secret, and similar, not showing the real ones? Not every time... Space Race... Cold War 2...

You weren't here in 1999, you would believe...

edit on 2/20/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The geological term for these features are "ventrifacts" they are wind sculpted rocks that have facets on them created by shifting seasonal winds. See the link below. There are several pictures, one looks like a dinosaur skull. You find them in deserts like the deserts on Mars ,
this is as valid an explanation as fossils.

beyondpenguins.ehe.osu.edu...
edit on 20-2-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

If this was on Mars, you'd be calling it a "Martian Patio".

kathryn0in0ireland.files.wordpress.com...

If this was on Mars you'd be calling it "rocks"

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Does anyone here know why marsanomalyresearch is not loading, it says page not found.

There are many examples there.

Looks like the DNS servers there are timing out.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Yes. Already posted a few pages back. I would counter by saying that these photos look enough like fossils, to me, to warrant further investigation. Period. Not making a claim that these are definitely fossils, but that they look enough like them that Curiosity shouldn't be allowed to cruise on by.

Also, it must be just the absolute PERFECT conditions for a ventrifact to form in such a way that you see four or five of these things right next to each other all having roughly the exact same shame, which also appear to look just like a row of vertebrae.

Point is, this is worth another look.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

You are probably correct, I would be calling those rocks, I am a skeptical man by nature

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Yes, you, and others around here would search long and hard for something, anything, that it could be other than what it looks JUST like, and Curiosity may drive right by the biggest discovery in history. That type of skepticism isn't helpful at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I was on the site some days ago but you're right... it's down. A google search found a discussion in another forum.
Apparently the site is temporarily down because of personal reasons. alienanomalies.activeboard.com...
A poster says

we know he has had a fall and broken his hip as his daughter posted so on his guest book

I certainly hope he recovers fully soon and that the website returns in good time.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I am not saying we should ignore them, we're there to explore, so by all means take a closer look. They may look like fossils to you, but the images in the OP look like natural rock formations to me, and I won't be holding my breath. Skepticism does not need to prevent progress or hold anything back, skepticism can be just as easily used to provoke further investigation, as it is by definition non-committal.

My opinion is that these are "just rocks", and I'm not harming anything by holding that opinion. By all means get the media involved and push for more tests, I won't be trying to stop you.
edit on 20-2-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Glad to see you're on board. They are there to explore. If something looks like it has potential, Curiosity should investigate.
I think Arken has made a great find.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Not A Rock! Does one even have to say this? Are we dealing with 2 year olds?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This just in from Mars:

link   
reply to post by ausername

Not me, I know there is forest, lakes, and life on mars, and not all positive. Plus mining from earth.

I also note, no "spines" sticking out of those.

link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by openminded2011

Yes. Already posted a few pages back. I would counter by saying that these photos look enough like fossils, to me, to warrant further investigation. Period. Not making a claim that these are definitely fossils, but that they look enough like them that Curiosity shouldn't be allowed to cruise on by.

Also, it must be just the absolute PERFECT conditions for a ventrifact to form in such a way that you see four or five of these things right next to each other all having roughly the exact same shame, which also appear to look just like a row of vertebrae.

Point is, this is worth another look.

I am not opposed to a closer look. What I am opposed to is wild speculation. You don't need biology to see symmetry in nature. Ripples on the ocean bottom and the fact that planets are spherical are good examples of non biological symmetry. There are lots more examples, crystals for example. I think we should stick with science before we declare we have found the bones of some creature.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigfootNZ
reply to post by JayinAR

How on earth do we take this further?.. I sure havent got a spare mars rover laying around I can throw at Mars.

Mars had water we can be pretty much certain of that, mars has water eroded rocks, sedimentary rocks, wind & dust eroded rocks, volcanic rocks... and that is all these are. What also makes me laugh is when back with the last Rover you had people pointing out all sorts of things like skulls and beings... then forgetting that alot of the objects in question where ALOT smaller than how they appeared, oh but hey it was a midget alien empire.

Pitty this sort of thing has migrated to this forum. So ill use this as my final conclusion...

Because thats all it is. And my typical disclaimer on things like this, I do believe there are things on Mars we are being kept from and or will find the more we explore the planet, but these 'bones' arent it, not by a long shot.
So if Mars had water it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say something actually lived in that water?
Where there is water there is life.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

as cool as this would be, I think we'd hear more about a find like this all over the media, this would be HUGE. and unfortunatly, when the only evidence/details like this are on 3rd party news sources or forums like ATS, its hard to believe the validity of such a find. cool OP tho, props

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hey, are you allowed to post face book on here.

Apparently on the marsanomalyresearch facebook: www.facebook.com...

Lucy Clarke asks why his site is down. I was just there last month for other threads, and I'm sure some of them were Arken's. But google can't find it.

I clicked into her post and someone said they had tried to email him and no answer. Said his mother had passed away maybe he was in a clinic.

I'm sorry, just recall Obama signing illegal legislation that could allow for anyones murder and detainment without even giving a charge, and I am highly suspicious about this.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tzdub

3rd party news? ATS often beats the MSM to the punch by days.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join