It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Great stuff. You might be on to something here.

Does Mars fall into the Habitable Zone?

Maybe it was... before the cometary impact, that hit Mars right to the opposite extremity of the great Tharsis Volcanoes Region. The impact it created the volcanoes and it threw outside material in the space that formed Phobos and Deimos.

But this is only my theory.

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I dont why this would be covered up. We know water is associated with life and they have already proven water has existed on Mars before.

if they were bones im sure they would get excited and to prove they bones they would just drill into them and examine the deposits...surely conclusive proof or not.

Until then id say theres nothing to see

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
My guess rocks that looks like bones lol
If they were bones they wouldn't be so careless to allow the public to view them.

But in support of your argument most fossils on Earth are found in sedimentary rock. I'm no geology expert but the surface looks sedimentary to me which suggest that the rock material could of been capable of fossilizing a living thing.

I think they are meteorites. Rocks that look out of place and don't look weathered/eroded like the rest around it could be possible meteorites.
Here are some that have landed on earth with sharp edges, socket and bone looking that I found.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of thread that is what ATS SHOULD be about!
Are they all rocks/ a trick of the eye? I doubt it. Ok, 99.99% could be explained away and would probably turn out to be "natural" or the eyes playing tricks on us BUT, on the balance of probability that Mars could, at one time, have been habitable, it would seem foolish to dismiss everything, surely?
I would not be suprised if the truth was being supressed, who would welcome the fact that a whole Planet once had life and then died? It would put our very existence here into a greater perspective, right?
Top work OP!

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider

Originally posted by skalla
with the greatest of respect, if you spent as much time learning about geology and archaeology as you did examining photos of mars, then you would say "rocks" too

Have you even looked at those pictures yourself ?
I guess you prefer the most social accepted answer, afraid to stand out of the norm..
That´s clearly not natural rock formations

yes, i did look at these pictures for quite some time prior to posting a response. i also studied archaeology at two highly respected universities as well as handling bones at excavations. i use modern bones for craft projects as well as home decoration and work with animals on farms. this does not make me an expert in my own estimation but gives me a decent grounding in recognising them. i'm a pretty keen rock hound too.

i dont take a view to "stand out from a norm" but simply examine things on their own merits.

still rocks, quite clearly.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Nah.. They are bones.

Pretty sure you have cracked it this time Arken.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LFN69

Planet once had life and then died? It would put our very existence here into a greater perspective, right?

Thanks for this comment LFN69

This is the real deal. We Must put our existence into a greater perspective with Space and other life forms out there. And this mean to learn how to RESPECT ourselves, (as humankind), this planet (as nature and other living forms) and our next "cousins" (as other species out there).

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

i also studied archaeology at two highly respected universities

Well, if is real, then, with all due respect, give back the money from those universities. They have made you to study on the wrong books....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm all open to the possibilities of some of those being bones, but to say with 100% certainty that they are is just being silly. I've personally seen many natural rock formations here on the planet Earth that look very similar to what are in those pictures... for every 'comparison' picture you found to show how similar they are to bones we have, you could have found a 100 more that show how similar they are to the rocks we have.

Like I said I'm certainly no hard core skeptic when it comes to these things, but I think your being way too hasty in your conclusions here.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Amazing! Nice work sir.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm giving this thread a well deserved bump and a big fat S & F

Great presentation.
I love the work done and attention to detail.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If is clearly a big word, but I would be happy to see proof of skeletal remains on mars' surface. This is a long way from it and await my own education and real life experiences being shown to be somehow wrong. I always look carefully at pics on such threads, including those made by yourself and feel that you would benefit from examining the evidence (or lack of it) rather than searching for things that seem to fit your predetermined conclusion. Sorry, but still geology

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just when I had decided to stop clicking on these types of threads, I see one that I actually find quite interesting!
I agree, those really do give the impression of being skeletal fossils. But I wonder, if these were taken in November, why did no one else publicly expose this possibility?- I mean, in the MSM, respected scientists or something?

Is there some reason they wouldn't want to?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Nice, best anatomies yet! the next best is those white brittle rocks from earlier.

I had high hopes when i saw this on the "Space Exploration" instead of "Aliens and UFO".

Hope the MSL examines this further.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenArrow

The full photo is even more interesting...it almost looks like it could be a tire track that swings into where the "vertebrae" is...like if it was once muddy water there and dried that way....but erosion would have weathered it down.

I do like Arken's photos either way and its a great thread and you add a good point as to why NASA has changed the photos...if that is indeed what they did. Looks cool, but even with a minor in Earth Science I still really wouldn't know either way if it was bones or rocks.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

Fossils on Earth are just rocks too. Those rocks formed around a bone. Bone tissue can't survive millions of years, rocks can. Shape of the rock and other 'rocks' around it are showing the skeleton of something that was once alive. Same process can apply to Mars and at least the first picture is pretty convincing to me that there could be something out there long ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Great thread Arken, thanks for sharing these images

I'm not sure what these objects really are but they're certainly interesting !

Questions I have is ...

Why won't NASA navigate the rover back to some of these areas where all these strange things are being seen and get better images ?

Why send a probe to Mars to look for life and just drive right by all this possible evidence ?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
I'm all open to the possibilities of some of those being bones, but to say with 100% certainty that they are is just being silly. I've personally seen many natural rock formations here on the planet Earth that look very similar to what are in those pictures... for every 'comparison' picture you found to show how similar they are to bones we have, you could have found a 100 more that show how similar they are to the rocks we have.

Like I said I'm certainly no hard core skeptic when it comes to these things, but I think your being way too hasty in your conclusions here.

100% agree with you. this is obviously a well put together thread and presented with care, however if as sugested above the op were to include pics of geology in similar forms (or meteorites as illustrated by a poster above) then it would present a more balanced view for readers to draw their own conclusions from. instead the title presents them as fossils as a forgone conclusion, yet it is clearly speculation instead.

for the record i enjoy your threads Arken, and appreciate the effort that you put into presenting images, but it does seem that you spend time looking for things that look like bones, thereby increasing the chance of you misreading what they are. just my tuppence worth

edit on 19-2-2013 by skalla because: tpyo

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I'm very happy to have you again here on ATS and on this thread, easynow
and thanks for your kind words.

You don't know, but you are one of my favourite "masters" here on ATS...

edit on 19-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Wind and sand can do some strange things. I really do wish these were bones, but I think they're rocks weathered in to those shapes. But, keep an eye out. Never can tell when you'll hit the jackpot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join