It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Arken,

I normally do not reply much on your threads as I almost always fall in the 'rocks rocks rocks' category and never really have more to add to those comments. I always S&F them though as I find that you always take time and make great presented threads, even if most of the time I see them as cases of pareidolia.

But this time, you've outdone yourself !!! Your OP raises questions, making harder to fall in the rocks rocks rocks category... Awesome awesome work !!!

Can't say they are not rocks but I really can't say that they are either. I feel that those finds will leave the mainframes of ATS and hit other mainstream medias. Very well done !!

An S and an F and I wish I could applaude you...and more than once !!!

You're right. These images DO raise some HUGE questions. Most importantly of all though, is how NASA could POSSIBLY look at an image like this, and just move the rover along. How could any human, being the curious explorers we are, even imagine passing something by with that rover that 100% at least LOOKS like fossilised remains (especially something that looks like a damn near fully in tact bone structure), without moving closer to get some close-ups to at least check it out?!

It's the fact that SO often they get things like this in images.....things that would make any curious human take a closer look......things that if WE notice them, NASA must be as well otherwise they are completely blind......and every time they just drive on to the next spot to take more pictures of interesting things they'll refuse to take a closer look at......that's what makes all the people REALLY paying attention think NASA is purposely covering up ancient life on Mars.

The people running NASA are just idiots. Period. Sure, they're far more book-smart than I could ever hope to be......probably......But they don't do the simple things to provide people the answers we want. In fact they tend to go out of their way as much as possible to keep people ignorant about space exploration (ignorant in terms of what's really out there). I mean friggin black and white 2 megapixel cameras on a hu-hu-hu-HUGE rover designed in 2004-5 that got pushed back to 2009 that provides horrible pictures that NASA has to digitally color to even provide us "color pictures"? For 9 billion dollars they couldn't put cameras that were up to date to even 2005? 2 megapixel is like 1997 ****!!
And why aren't they taking the time to analyze interesting "things" with this rover? They just seem to be digging an arbitrary hole here and there. With the old Rovers, as far as they knew they were on a very tight time limit, so they couldn't spend extra days going to check out those interesting rocks "over there". But Curiosty is for all intents and purposes going to live forever (couple hundred years at least) barring getting stuck. Why not take the time to look at every interesting thing?

Most people don't even realise these images from Curiosity are ALL 100% digitally colored at NASA......at least according to NASA themselves. Personally I don't believe that NASA are the idiots that they try (and succeed most of the time) to convince everyone they are. I don't believe for one single nano-second that the original images coming down from that rover are black and white nor 2 mega-pixel. They are turned black and white, THEN digitally colored to the fictitious version of Mars, as well as being downscaled to lower rez.

In the REAL reality, those "vertabrea" could well being lime green and baby blue, and you'd never know, because even NASA admits that they're coloring everything the colors we're seeing in these images. Not a single real color image will ever come from Curiosity. They will never again take a chance of those pre-tinting, real color images of Mars to reach the public. Too many questions needed rediculous excuses concockted last time.

The weird thing is.......in a way, I could understand covering up an ancient civilisation.....especially if it were "human". *I* wouldn't cover it up.....I think people could handle it.......but I understand. But I really don't understand the motivation behind covering up 1) the environmental condition....which I fully believe to be much closer to Earth's than we're being told. And 2) Wildlife......either current or ancient. Why exactly can't people know that there are fossils on Mars of things as small as crusteceans and of creatures that may have looked like dinosaurs?

I wish NASA, TPTB, the NWO.....whomever it is running the show, would realise humanity is ready to accept life being common in the Universe. And if anything, it would make humanity much more peacefull and prosperous. We would endevor to be like Star Trek and start exploring new frontiers. I honestly think that just the fact of wildlife on Mars....again current or even ancient.....would be an absolute world changer in a positive way for humanity as a whole if presented with undeniable and impressive proof.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
(OT)
You sir have the 'honors' to receive the first flag I'm able to give.
congrats!

I'll be watching this thread like a hawk (not meaning to sound like dr. Phill)

edit on 19-2-2013 by z00mster because:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

That argument can still be made in reverse. Or just the same...because the atmosphere is so thin with little to no magnetosphere. Pretty sure there is none but at one time......

So gamma radiation will have a serious impact no? Additionally, it gets really warm/hot in the day and extreme cold at night. So that is sure to have a unique impact in terms of erosion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I think some of this is tricks of perspective, light and shadow.

In the picture below, I've highlighted an area in red that I believe to be carved into the ground rather than sticking up out of it, that would make that particular section on the left less of a vertabra and more of a hole in the ground.

It would have been nice to see this area from a few different angles.

I think you are onto something, After looking the original pictures, the first thing i always do with these mars anomaly pictures is,I rotate them 180 degrees and look at them again. i couldn`t find any of these anomalies,when i rotated the picture 180 degrees, it looked like a completely different picture.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
reply to post by SBMcG

That argument can still be made in reverse. Or just the same...because the atmosphere is so thin with little to no magnetosphere. Pretty sure there is none but at one time......

So gamma radiation will have a serious impact no? Additionally, it gets really warm/hot in the day and extreme cold at night. So that is sure to have a unique impact in terms of erosion.

You would agree that conditions on Mars are very different from here on Earth, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Link to same rocks...different pic
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Also

Mastcam: Right
2012-11-25 23:09:56 UTC

2012-11-25 23:09:11 UTC

Mastcam: Left
2012-11-25 23:09:38 UTC

2012-11-25 23:09:08 UTC

at this link
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That top link actually look even more like a fossil then the OP's copy. The color seems slightly different, more natural to the landscape but VERY much looks like something that doesn't belong there. Or does belong there but shouldn't be there...or should be there and does belong but, but.....Aw you know what I mean.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
As much as it looks similar in appearance to a spine and skulls, it looks like it just fits in with the other rock there that has been eroded away, and that has happened to form such shapes. You do get a lot of strange rocks with all sorts of shapes as a result of erosion and breaks.
One concern with all this, is the power of suggestion. Many others images and sights are also affected by it, be it UFO's, bigfoot or anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I don't think these things "fit in" with other rocks in the area. If I came about this on earth, the first thing I would think is "fossils" and I would want to explore it further.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

The highest temperture of Mars is believed to be around 70 degrees. It used up it's carbon dioxide by forming carbonate rocks. Here on Earth our tectonic plates recycle carbonate back to carbon dioxide.

Mars is so much smaller and unactive that it is unable to do that at the present time. Mars does have an atmosphere, but it's very thin. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

I would indeed!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
You're right. These images DO raise some HUGE questions. Most importantly of all though, is how NASA could POSSIBLY look at an image like this, and just move the rover along. How could any human, being the curious explorers we are, even imagine passing something by with that rover that 100% at least LOOKS like fossilised remains (especially something that looks like a damn near fully in tact bone structure), without moving closer to get some close-ups to at least check it out?!

I think It`s because they don`t see them. NASA engineers and the other folks that work there are hired for their analytical abilities.They are probably at the extreme end of the analytical,left brain, thinking spectrum, so even if these are fossils the NASA people will never see them, because their dominant left brain analytical thinking just can`t comprehend the abstract that " hey those things look kind of like fossils"
when they look at these pictures their brains say:
1. jagged: check
2. bumpy: check
3. same color as surrounding soil: check
conclusion: it`s a rock, move on.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Also

at this link
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Um yeah so I went to the site JPL and took a look at the original. Now we all know NASA doesn't lie, but using my graphic design background for what it is..and say this here was photo shopped.

edit on 19-2-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Also

at this link
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Um yeah so I went to the site JPL and took a look at the original. Now we all know NASA doesn't lie, but using my graphic design background for what it is..and say this here was photo shopped.

img.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Photo-shopped by NASA or the OP...?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why do you say that?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 19/2/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
After looking at the NASA/JPL images and the "enhanced" and labeled images in this thread . . . IMHO, I see pareidolia, not dead people

Would make for an interesting docu none the less . . . only question is will it be hosted by this guy:

Or this guy:

edit on 2/19/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
I just wanted to share a pic I found not too long ago of a possible fossil on mars that I also found curious,

It's definately more food for thought. Great work OP!

how in the hells is that a fossil?.. looks like nothing but a grey rock with some thin dark banding, possibly because its sedimentary or it would be just the way to was formed.

Unless ive just fallen for a troll post

These mars rock threads bring out some real loopy fruits.

edit on 19-2-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Can we have a third option please?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

It looks like flint rock.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

www.nasa.gov... See also this full panorama from sol 64. It's a mosaic of images taken by the Mast Camera (Mastcam). With a good photo shop you can find artifical geometric relics left by ancient peoples. One humanoid skull is on PIA16104 with construction. photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join