It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Mayor Slams Bush.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
After making a pointed reference to Mr Bush, he was asked by Channel 4 broadcaster Krishnan Guru-Murthy, who was chairing the meeting, to explain his making a personal attack on the US president when he disliked answering personal questions himself.

He said Mr Bush was a coward who had avoided serving in the Vietnam war only through the influence of his father.

"You have got this super-patriotic hawk who was a coward when his country was actually involved in a war which he politically supported."

The mayor said: "I think George Bush is the most corrupt American president since Harding in the Twenties.

"He is not the legitimate president."

He said he would get as much pleasure from Mr Bush being forced out of office as he had done from the downfall of former Iraq leader Saddam Hussein.

Asked about Mr Livingstone's comments, White House Press Secretary, Ari Fleischer, said: "First of all, I've never heard of the fellow. Second, I'm not going to dignify it with a response."

And in a statement, officials from the US embassy in London, said: "Mayor Livingstone's opinions about the United States are a matter of complete indifference to the American embassy, the American government and the American people."

news.bbc.co.uk...

Ken Livingston was responsible for the London Congestion Charge introduction this year which was widely reported as being of interest to a number of large cities.It is possible,therefore,that Ari Fleischer answered questions at the time about the Charge and may have mentioned Ken Livingston by name.A
to any member who can find that reference, if it exists, thereby showing that they have heard of him.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If we gathered up all the presidents who are draft dodgers, and inept we would have them in the last couple decades. Marking in US history the beginning of pansy politics. I still feel a good president is a military one. Or at least one who enlisted because he wanted to presurve the Constitution, not manipulate it!

VzH

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This,
that is freedom of speech!

Keep it in UK, keep it!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The article left out a couple of things. He also said:

"George Bush is just about everything that is repellent in politics"

He also accused Bush of insider trading by selling shares in an oil company just months before they announced record losses. (glad somebody remembers!)

My favourite bit was "...has the most venal and corrupt administration since President Harding in the '20's. He is not a legitimate president"

Nice one Ken.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Its true though. Very true.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
regardless of the attacks on Mr. Bush, it's nice to know that there are still people in power out there not afraid to say how they feel. Just wish the press wouldnt be such sissy's and start doin their job right!!

VzH

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I wonder what will be the attacks of Murdoch medias on the London Mayor.............

dom

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I suspect we will soon be reading memo's, discovered in the Iraqi intelligence ministry, detailing transactions of large amounts of money directly to Ken Livingstones pocket.

Or perhaps that window of oppurtunity has shut now, and the Murdoch press will just attack him on a personal level again. I think they don't like him much anyway, remember all that stuff about him getting into a fight at a party etc.? I guess it's because he's "old" labour...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"He said he would get as much pleasure from Mr Bush being forced out of office as he had done from the downfall of former Iraq leader Saddam Hussein."

He's not alone...

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
We must make use of our freedoms while we can. Not that I foresee us losing them tomorrow, like our American friends are, but it's not called a New World Order for nothing.

join