It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sorry, its all I got" = I am too lazy to go to the bank.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I hate when there are 10 people in line ahead if me and the clerk can't make change for a 50, which in Poland is approximately $15 USD. The worst however is how it is quite common to short you a few cents(grozy), yet at the same store that shorted me the day before, I ended up 1 frost short and they refused to give me the item. Ridiculous. You are the idiot that is losing business and customers by being unfriendly and not being able to make change. Not smart business if you ask me!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I worked retail. I started out with $100 in the register. It was never a problem. People rarely paid with bills bigger than a $20. Late in the shift I could break a $100, but if it was early I'd just say I don't have it. End of story. I don't remember ever getting into a hassle with a customer over that sort of thing. People are the same everywhere. I wonder what is different about your customers? You seem unusually angry over it, too.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

No, no they are not the same.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We have a different system here but the same problem persist.
Our ATM's only dispense large money bills. Ever sins our currency switched from gulden to euro it has gotten worse. We get our salary deposited at the back and so are able to retrieve it at the ATM.

They created a paying system to get rid of small change altogether here but it never got of the ground, people like to see and feel the amount of money that is in there wallet. They actually had key-chains that could show the amount of small change on your card or commercials with bums on the street carrying devices that could withdraw small amounts.. didn't help one bit. So i am afraid your stuck with us forgetful dummies

A banks wet dream, no more physical money:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Maybe you ought to get out of a job where you work with the public if you can't stand working with them. I went from fast food to being an iron worker, and I am much happier. Much bigger paychecks and no direct customer interactions.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

1st off, I DO make change. second, this is a rant, I NEVER tell my customers this., third, my customers come back because they like my product and prices, and last of all me. I am not rude nor do I lose business....this is customer education right here.....also I dont charge them the couple cents over a euro if they dont have it. I am not stingy. Hence why I do ok while my neighbors are closing around me.....I am busy for the most part from 7:30 AM to 10:30 PM....

I am not a stingy bastard....
I give away 1 little dish of something with EVERY consumption. It is always different and varied. 1 coffee = 1 little free piece of fresh yogurt cake or bread pudding dripping in condensed milk and caramel or what ever awesomeness.

1 wine, or refreshment =1 little tapa that I change up every day and honestly I should sell because they are that good and original.....

so no. Go to the bank. I dont mind going out of my way to make you feel welcome. Show me I am not just another server to you and you will not just be another customer to me. We are usually neighbors anyways. You know community and all that...

edit on 19-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thegrandpotato

I do all I do with love.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Guess what Einstein. Every morning I DO go to the bank, hit the 100 EUR button and guess what comes out of the ATM ? Two 50 EUR bills.

But thanks for letting me know that my 50 Euro bills are not welcome in your puny store. I'll head over to a big chain next time to buy my daily stuff, instead of walking into the small store across the street.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

star for knowing what you are talking about.

I am not angry about it. I am in the rant section venting. sounds reasonable no?

This happens in Europe more and in Spain because the supply of small bills is low. Spain cant print any money right now without many permissions. They can only replace destroyed bills. Having bigger bills makes people spend more and the thought is the more you break a bill the more you will spend and make the economy churn.......Also the pay cycle here means that at the and of each month you literally have EVERYONE with only 50´s and hundreds....

Also, they want people to use cashless transactions as much as possible.

It is not a big deal, but is absolutely a lack of consideration on the part of the person who is too lazy to go to a bank and change his large bills. Honestly, say what you will, you are not a paraplegic...just go to the bank man and make life easier....for me and everyone else. It really isnt asking a whole lot.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Good..

I dont want you. How would you like it if I had your attitude?
Your world sucks ass......

Also I already mentioned that.... and an ATM is not a bank teller. It is a money dispensing machine and i know they only give out big bills. I explained why already, and that I understand that....

Next time you need change to make an emergency call or just ask to use a non pay phone for an emergency, or are pissing yourself and need to use the bathroom, or are lost and looking for directions, or need what ever...find a big store that will tell you that they cant help you and then walk into a puny store and lower your fat head....the small guy will then be helping you....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For 1 week only get a LOAD of change and store it for security in the bean tins or the freezer....wherever.

Anyone who gives you a 50E note give themback change for the WHOLE lot...no notes.

The next time they come in they will have change 100% guranteed,

Make 1 week COIN only week.

I hope their reactions brighten your day!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

naaaa

lol

I cant do that.

What I did was buy a safe and stock up....It sucks though because I dont like worrying at home because I left a couple thousand at work.....at the end of the month/ beginning is when the most crime happens, pay day and all for most people....

I have been forced to give 20 in coins though....holidays and festivities can be unpredictable...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I agree that someone giving you say 100$ bill to pay for a 1$ item is inconsiderate, but I have seen the opposite too. I went to buy 3 dollars worth of crickets for my son's toad at a small pet shop once and gave him a 20 dollar bill. 16 and change isn't an unreasonable amount to keep on hand to give out change, but this guy got so weird about it. He throws his hands up in the air and says "WHOA WHOA WHOA now.. I'm not a bank, I can't keep that kind of money in a drawer when we are so close to the highway. Which was particularly funny considering he was miles and miles away from the highway. he insisted I pay with a debit card because 20 dollars was just too big of a bill to pay for 3 dollars worth of crickets. WTH?
It wasn't like I handed him a $100 bill or something. Needless to say, I will not return. I will go to a business who actually wants to take my money.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

yeah that does sound a little weird. I think maybe he had some sort of offer that month where for every dollar on the machine he gets a dollar matched from the bank back to his personal account, or what ever.

They try and hook you so you push the debit or credit card transactions. I refuse. They can give away a boat for all I care, I will not use the machine unless it is absolutely necessary....

I wired it in through a drawer and just whip it out (wireless) when a customer asks for it....I dont like even seeing it.

I have seen all sorts of scams the banks use to offer you...they want a cashless society.

but yeah, change for a 20 is not unreasonable.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

star for knowing what you are talking about.

I am not angry about it. I am in the rant section venting. sounds reasonable no?

This happens in Europe more and in Spain because the supply of small bills is low. Spain cant print any money right now without many permissions. They can only replace destroyed bills. Having bigger bills makes people spend more and the thought is the more you break a bill the more you will spend and make the economy churn.......Also the pay cycle here means that at the and of each month you literally have EVERYONE with only 50´s and hundreds....

I see. That explains it. Around here the ATMs spit out $20's. Anything bigger is kind of rare. If you drew out a large amount of cash at once you might get bigger bills, but otherwise you'd have to ask for them.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yep. Total garbage. Paying with a 50 for a pack of gum?

It absolutely is your right, but you're still a douchebag. Especially because most of the time these people cannot stop whining about how it's taking so long to get their change.

Don't want to wait? Learn to go to the bank/use a debit card. It's not my fault that the management keeps anything 20 and above in a safe and I don't have enough a bazillion 5s and 10s in my drawer.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Tell them you can make change for the large bill they want to give you but it will all be in small coins, then see if they miraculously find a small bill in their pocket

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Am I alone in suddenly finding faceless corporations really appealing? Assuming the owners-- and individual stores-- aren't lacking in thousands of 1-5 dollar bills close at hand. Man, the guys love those benjamins rolling in.
If you don't like it, can't you just send your customers there instead? I'm serious about that.
I often only carry 20s (birthday money, no bank account), and I never forget that registers don't have an endless supply of 1s. Even so, knowing now that there are shops out there that I might have to walk on eggshells in turns me off.
Who cares about free samples and fake smiles?

edit on 19-2-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

There are certain things that are just better geared for big business. I mentioned before that I went looking for parts for a friend's computer I was helping him out with. I went to a huge chain store. The reason being that after exhausting every possible small business the day before we still couldn't get what we needed.

The large store didn't have much of a selection either but had a larger selection than the small tech shops.
(Spain is not yet a DIY place for computers)

For appliances and parts and such I like the big places. They can afford to order every item you could want and have a good warranty system.

For food, I like small places. I put that in my body and give it to my family. For clothes as well. I don't need every fashion on earth. Groceries I like small shops. I like to know my butcher, my fruit Guy, ect... I can trust that.

Auto parts or repair, I like someone I can know personally. Same for hardware. I loath home depot. Cool everything but full of A holes that make you feel unwelcome. ( not all home depots are like that)

Furnature, I like the big places. Large purchases like a pool or what ever, better go to a huge place that wont skimp on the warranty or things like installation.

Ect.....

It depends on what you want and are going to spend. I wont take a BMW to a small shop and expect things to turn out well for the price they will charge. I wont go to a local pizza shop and ask for their wine menu.

Just use your common sense.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
Am I alone in suddenly finding faceless corporations really appealing? Assuming the owners-- and individual stores-- aren't lacking in thousands of 1-5 dollar bills close at hand. Man, the guys love those benjamins rolling in.

Doesn't matter whether you area faceless corporation or a very small business, you don't keep cash at a retail location. I worked for a mega-corp, but our branch never had more than $300 on site at the beginning of a work day. The day's receipts were deposited. Each of three register drawers had $100 to start out, and you just hoped that the first five people didn't pay with twenties!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join