Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

"Sorry, its all I got" = I am too lazy to go to the bank.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Congrats. on having a thriving business ..

You must be doing something well. You should be glad you run out of change, as I would be sure, you would run a daily float consisting of the predominant tender, given as change.

That is a nice frustration to have as a business owner.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by Timely

I resent the "lazy" remark. Some one SERVING people, for 15 hours a day, is not lazy. I will not accept that..

not to mention that the law IS on my side. I can make them go get change. Instead I run 1-4 city blocks MYSELF everyday for them....

instead of going themselves ONCE a month

so screw that. Lazy is not the word....

so a small shop owner has to run 4 blocks several times a day so someone can change a bill?

scratch that ANOTHER human being, must be more someones slave for them to feel worshiped enough to spend money on the things they want anyways and support their community?

edit on 19-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Still not quoted by me ??!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Yeah I dont know I got busy and tried to swing posting in between coffee brews....

I got all flustered....lol

I am REALLY addicted to ATS......
I think it helps though. My customers have their best? conversations here...well most entertaining....

Thanks by the way.
Yeah it could be worse. It is a minor inconvenience in the long run.....it just adds up on the mental wear and tear.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Busy is good.

Send me 1 of your best double shot flat whites air express and all is forgiven.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I had these uploaded already....

how about

a traditional cappuccino,

or a strawberry infused traditional cappuccino

and those would go great with a blue cheese and bacon melt with a dab of mild hot sauce (smokey flavored) on the bread.

Or a Soft and Crisp bacon and melted manchego cheese "sammich" on fresh bread with a garlic and olive oil sauce spread all over that mother.......

Really I would offer you a jamon serrano (like projucto but saltier) and balsamic vinegar "bocata" with lettuce, tomato and diced black olives...

and you would have a wild berry cappuccino....

I will try to make it today later on and take a picture so you see what I am talking about....it is an insanely good combo....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Now you have my attention!

And my stomach growling ... lol.
I'll work on a virtual appetite in expectation!

Ed: You got change of 50 ?

edit on 19-2-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ok, so i convinced someone to have one, so I could make it and show it to you. See, ATS is good for business....lol

They didnt want black olives so I used regular diced olives. I decided to add some diced cherry tomatoes as well even though I already used some regular tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are sweeter and I was afraid that the regular olives were too pickled. All that was lightly poured over with a little Balsamic vinegar, which slowly dripped onto a good serving of Jamon Serrano, lettuce and fresh bread.

Lastly i couldnt get anyone to have a wild berry cappuccino so I just made myself a Bon-bon coffee.

It is in its first layer is nice and thick and CHUNKY hot chocolate made from 100% pure cocoa...
Then comes a double shot of espresso, and lastly pure extra cream milk cream made by really frothing the hell out of the extra cream milk. The top layer of froth slowly bleeds into the double shot of espresso, which itself mixes with the top layer of the chocolate giving it that nice color....lastly I give it a 100% cocoa garnish....

also I take a cinnamon and brown sugar cookie and drop it in there for it to dissolve.....I try to make it stick out of the top and rest on the milk froth, but you have to get it to the table in under a minute since the air bubbles in the milk froth start to get bigger and support less weight making it sink anyways.

This is my anti drug.....

and just to set the mood for you, you would be listening to this while enjoying that.....

I love my job.....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I usually carry, about three 20s, and a 50. Every week, use my debit or credit for $50+ items(gas, food, etc)

I will give whatever i have in my pocket to pay for it.

i'm not gonna predict, oh that shof over there is not gonna have change.

Its part of the customer service. We are customers, you are serving us.

I can't buy groceries because i don't have change? Your shop is not the only thing on our mind when we leave our home to buy stuff.

Never had an issue with it in my life, not even in small stores.

You can hang signs saying no 50s or 100s. You will loose few customers tho... and imo, when i see those signs... in my mind i think "this store is not up to date on things".
edit on 2/19/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)
edit on 2/19/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

exactly. That is why I wont dare hang any signs or even make a big deal out of it. I just hate when I kindly ask if they have a smaller bill and they say no, because they want to hoard the small bills until the end of the month and use me like their bank teller for every large bill they have.

In the end it is not a big deal, but it does take away from other things I could be focusing on.

I just wish people were more considerate is all. All it takes is 5 minutes at a bank on pay day or the day after...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Good rant; I have worked in retail and I have sold doughnuts and had to work at the cash register; people who handed me big bills were very annoying.

Also....what is really annoying too is when someone comes in and orders food or wants to buy merchandise etc. and pulls out of their bag a huge sock full of pennies...unrolled; makes one want to scream!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

thanks.

I once counted 60+ dollars in pennies....I lost count like 4 times too....

Needless to say it was from a not so nice old hispanic lady who didnt trust my count and made me do really slow in front of her...

It was the last time I volunteered to be cashier in a grocery store. I would take on the dirtiest and nastiest jobs to avoid it. anything.....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Being a Fremantle (Perth, West Aust) local, most shops and eateries are small businesses, albeit highly successful due to the popularity of the place.

Some of them are cash only and most of the town is dotted with ATMs so access to funds is usually not an issue.

If, like me, you are a dedicated customer to certain shops, you will take small notes and change with you. It is convenient to me to do so in most cases as breaking larger bills invariably leads to a wallet full of coins which is inconvenient when I am at the pub fumbling around trying to pay for my beer.

$5, $10, $20 are perfect, anything larger usually gets put on the plastic fantastic.

I prefer cash transactions in most cases anyway and because I have built up a relationship with the shop / restaurant owners, I have no issue with making their jobs a little easier.

#### the big corporations, I'll chose local small businesses every-time.

Better service, better quality product.

Oh, and I don't mind paying a little extra for the same product either, it's worth it to ensure I don't see my favourite place(s) go out of business.

LOL - Fremantle is FULL of soup Nazis too.

The only other solution to the little dilemma presented on this thread is to go cashless - across the board.

[cue evil laugh]

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've worked in customer service in one form or another basically my whole life. The customer is not always right, and the customer who would even use that phrase is always a jerk. Paying money for a service doesn't make you a king. Paying with a 50 or 100 at a coffee counter when you have smaller bills IS incredibly inconsiderate if you're just trying to make change. In America the signs saying "no 50's or 100's" are everywhere for this very reason. Because people are lazy. All of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

thank you for being like that.

It is important. The small business cares about you unlike the huge whore houses of nameless faces and big logos that are out to ruin small communities and take power away from its members. Also I dont like cashless transactions. I actually have the machine wired through a drawer. I hate looking at it. It is wireless so the base sits hidden out of site. I prefer cash. No one has to know how much you spend or I make or where that happened.

I tend to keep my business accounts with the bank I work with at their minimums as well. I dont trust it.....
*cue evil look.......

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
legal tender. I'll take the item and walk out if you refuse to accept legal tender.

Don't really care...

Man, what a society we live in when people are having a sook about having to break a $50...

wow..

And your attitude is any better?
Please.
How about you empathize with the working class and understand that this really does cause a big hassle more often than people think.
You're threatening to steal because someone else isn't accepting 'legal' tender???? I'm sorry, but pretty sure stealing is stealing is stealing....which is illegal.

Have you ever been working alone and had someone come in, take all of your change with a large bill, and then be stuck (because you're the only employee working) not being able to make change (therefore, 'accept legal tender') for other people, even if they're only paying with a $5 or a $10??? I have. It's not fun.

Therefore, your attitude isn't just screwing over the business, you're screwing over the other customers who come in after you.

Granted, this rant was a little extraneous. But have some empathy for the OP. This is obviously a very frustrating regular occurrence for them. And seriously, your attitude makes you sound like you've got a bad case of the 'me first and the gimmee gimmees' that oh so many middle school kids fall ill with every year. Help your neighbor. It's not always about you.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Your post= I am too lazy to do simple math.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

who is that directed to,
and how do you......figure?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm with OP on this one. Oh I will break your large bill but it's going to take about 20 minutes, hope your not running late. Get loud and I'll throw you out, come back in have I'll you charged with criminal trespass.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You've never run a register before have you. Its a pain in the ass when your only allowed to have a certain amount of money in your draw and every jackass wants to pay for a 1 dollar item with a 50. Give up all your change,drop the fifty in the safe then wait 30 minutes to get it back while giving it away to the next fat ass who cant live without a 44 ounce soda. And that's how your day goes, ignorant slobs mess up your store and act like you owe them something.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join