It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sorry, its all I got" = I am too lazy to go to the bank.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

yeah not to mention that the "A-hole customer" as opposed to the normal customer ALWAYS cost you money and are never satisfied anyways. It is better to cut away the rot before it spreads.

edit on 19-2-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Wow! I made an account to reply to this! (long time reader though)
So your mad because people didnt spent 10 minutes to go break a big bill just so they can go spend $5 at your shop. They 'chose' to purchase from you. If you dont like their form of payment, or hell, the color of their shoes, whatever, you can turn them down. I doubt you own, because im sure you would be greatful for every $50 that walks through the door and you would accomodate accordingly. Your opinion is absolutely silly and absurd. Take that money with a smile and return change and goods.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by waveydavey

sure, but like I said, if you HAVE other change and you know that everybody is short on change at the beginning of the month, WHY not just hand the 5 instead of the 50?

Why hold onto the 5 for 3 weeks and spend it anyways?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
legal tender. I'll take the item and walk out if you refuse to accept legal tender.

Don't really care...

Man, what a society we live in when people are having a sook about having to break a $50...

wow..

And I will stop you at the door, ask you to pay the 2 dollars (hoping that other customers see you as a thief) or failing that, post your pic from my security cam for all of your friends, family and neighbors to see who ran out on a 2 dollar bill. "Refused to pay for a Chocolate Bar"..."This is your neighbor"

YOU are the problem, not the small business trying to earn a living.

When you attempt this at Wal-Mart, please report back on how successful you were in just walking out with their chocolate bar.

Jude11

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by jude11

yeah not to mention that the "A-hole customer" as opposed to the normal customer ALWAYS cost you money and are never satisfied anyways. It is better to cut away the rot before it spreads.

Yup,

Done it many times and still open for business...

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BJWest

I am, you need to read this again.

I, and EVERY shop owner here has the same problem.

I work 15 hours a day taking crap and have for the last 14 years....I am VERY grateful for every cent. What I am doing is venting because it is kind of retarded....GO GET CHANGE....I DO.

why would you need to carry your whole monthly pay with you or half of it, and spend a week or two buying GUM everywhere you go to break the bills instead of going to the bank?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
I'll give whatever note I choose and you will give me my change.

Now shut up and get back to work.

No,

Leave my store and come back with a smaller bill and respect for the personal service you receive.

Or...go to Wal-Mart and line up with the rest of the herd.

Jude11

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Small business owners being stroppy about their customers.

Its no wonder so many of them FAIL.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

is what I do...........

also

I resent the "lazy" remark. Some one SERVING people, for 15 hours a day, is not lazy. I will not accept that..

not to mention that the law IS on my side. I can make them go get change. Instead I run 1-4 city blocks MYSELF everyday for them....

instead of going themselves ONCE a month

so screw that. Lazy is not the word....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely

No worries mate. Here's my card, I'll choose credit and you can pay the 1% fee.

Your loss - no drama.

All good...

No loss here.

I don't accept any cards...debit or credit.

Cash is the rule and my customers know it, respect it and use it.

My customers appreciate the fact that I can keep my prices affordable because I don't have to pay the debit fees.

Think about this: I take your money, give it to billionaires and I PAY A FEE?

What the hell? In any other business model, I would expect a commission because I am earning money for the bankers. I refuse it.

You expect me to do this? Who's side are you on anyways?

edit on 19-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

people are also on a whole bigger jerks in all regards. As customers their "rights" make them act like idiots...

I saw a thread last month about a guy who punched a shop owner and called the cops on him because he didnt get a receipt automatically given to him....he had to ask for it...and he went nuts....

I am sorry people need to get off their high horse and act like considerate people some more....you guys are vile sometimes...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Small business owners being stroppy about their customers.

Its no wonder so many of them FAIL.

And your attitude is why so many fail.

Don't support your neighbor but give what little cash you have to the conglomerate.

This is why small businesses have problems.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

How is telling me to bugger off and bring you change, personal service?

You must be like the soup nazi to be able to get away with that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by lacrimaererum

people are also on a whole bigger jerks in all regards. As customers their "rights" make them act like idiots...

I saw a thread last month about a guy who punched a shop owner and called the cops on him because he didnt get a receipt automatically given to him....he had to ask for it...and he went nuts....

I am sorry people need to get off their high horse and act like considerate people some more....you guys are vile sometimes...

Yep read that post. Do you think it is a similar scenario to your gripe?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I resent the "lazy" remark. Some one SERVING people, for 15 hours a day, is not lazy. I will not accept that..

not to mention that the law IS on my side. I can make them go get change. Instead I run 1-4 city blocks MYSELF everyday for them....

instead of going themselves ONCE a month

so screw that. Lazy is not the word....

so a small shop owner has to run 4 blocks several times a day so someone can change a bill?

scratch that ANOTHER human being, must be more someones slave for them to feel worshiped enough to spend money on the things they want anyways and support their community?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Well you get change so that you can accomodate for the 'small bill carriers', wouldnt you want to be prepared to accomodate the business and (temporary) needs of someone carrying large bills? I understand your frustration but from most peoples perspective, every customer that wants to put money in your pocket should be met with gratitude. It adds up. However, you have the right to vent on this so here it is. Take some action (lose money/customers), or smile, pull out a stack of bills from your pocket and say, "my register cant handle it but I will break your bill personally. Thank you for your bis." -big smile
Man, that would be awesome and a smart 'small biz owner' move. But if your wealthy and dont 'need' their biz, chase their lazy asses out.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
reply to post by jude11

How is telling me to bugger off and bring you change, personal service?

You must be like the soup nazi to be able to get away with that.

When you ask about the ingredients in my food or when it was made, if you ask me to show you what product has eggs or sugar or oil or salt and what amounts are involved, if you ask me to prepare you something that has no gluten or what is ok for your diet or allergy...I can answer all those concerns. I can also tell you to come back in a few hours so I can prepare your favorite food if it isn't on the shelf. THAT'S personal service!

Ask shelley at your local box store? "Um...I dunno...scuse me while I text my BFF about my boyfriend".

And no, I'm not Burger King. I really do want you to return and work hard at giving you respect. I also expect the same in return and get it.

Really? You need to ask this?

If you buy a dollar item with a 50 so you can have change for the bus, ask the bus driver to do it for you. After all, the city is a much bigger business than me.

BTW, The Soup Nazi had line-ups. Why? Quality. And the customers had to pay respect before receiving it.

Or..."NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

Jude11

edit on 19-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I resent the "lazy" remark.

look at your thread title. you resent this word but are comfortable to use it on other people. your customers are not busy. they are LAZY.

hypocrite much?

yea , everyone else is lazy except you

edit on 19-2-2013 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Don't want to be part of the problem here. Rather be part of the solution;

How would it go for you to offer an incentive for correct ( or close to ) cash payment.
Maybe 5 - 10%. Obviously you would factor this in to your pricing, yet, the good will generated could work all round.

I don't know your set up but I am sure, as I am also involved in small business, that the customer is all important.
They are your livelihood. In this day and age; you have to do your best to keep them coming back.

How other do you think you could turn this into plus ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join