It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hell waiting?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
Yes because I know the Bible and believe in it firmly. What's wrong about being certain of one's beliefs, views, and opinions?

Well, that is a BELIEF in the bible. Certainty implies that it's knowledge.

The Father does not control us. He gave us free will. So any who use His message to control or frighten people are not doing His will.

Threatening people with hell/second-death is not free-will, it is control/fear. Just like putting a gun to someone's head and asking them for money isn't free-will, it's force.

If you say so. Guess we'll find out.

And now you're the one who sounds "absolutely certain about what you are saying" despite the fact that this is just your opinion/belief.

Like I said, we'll find out

Ok, let me rephrase, there is much evidence in favor of it being a retelling of mythology than not. Even if it was all true, that does not change the fact that Jesus/Yahweh are controlling negative entities of manipulation with such apathy for the suffering of human beings and even encouraging suffering in life. Absolutely disgusting. Then, in Revelations saying that the 'reward' is to worship HIM in heaven day and night without rest and anybody wanting such a thing out of Fear of "Hell" is a coward.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I have a bit more to say about "Hell," waiting or otherwise:

Believers in Universal Reconciliation (or whatever other names it goes by) rely not only on a Just God, but a Loving, Merciful, and Holy God. Have you not heard (I know I did) preacher after preacher boast in Jesus, who died for us on the cross, and took upon Himself the sins of the whole world? Yup, I believe that, but what the ET preaches did not connect was that the voluntary sacrifice of Jesus paid ALL the requirements of God's Justice.

PAID IN FULL!

THAT is God's Justice: to have His Own Son die in our place. Man's Justice is to execute every last shred of retribution and punishment. Our ways are not His ways, and He said as much in his Book.

Now with Justice taken care of and paid, what's left? Love, Mercy, and Holiness are left! That being so, who is God going to toss into "Hell"? Answer: no one!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

who is God going to toss into "Hell"? Answer: no one!

Yeah. ^ That.

But, it's because there is no 'hell'............

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Right! It's a 404.

Hell, or rather the concept of Hell, is propped up by pagan borrowings, mistranslations, Greek philosophy, confusion arising between "spirit" and "soul," and outright fiction such as the works of Dante and Milton. Once you sweep that away, there is nothing left.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Lazarus Short

who is God going to toss into "Hell"? Answer: no one!

Yeah. ^ That.

But, it's because there is no 'hell'............

There is no physical Hell, only one imagined by yourselves as existing. Your mind is more powerfull than you think it is and that which you create only YOU experience completely unshared with family, friends or loved ones a very lonely situation; however as you desire it or you contemplate Hell I tell you; you will experience it in the only form available personalized by you specifically for you in a most amusing way (you ulimately will not think so).
edit on 23-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join