More meteor, fireball, UFO sightings from all over the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Hmmm ?

I was having a ponder last night after noticing how the meteor, fireball or even UFO craze has hit ATS and a couple of questions came into my head.

Now, some people might get uppity over what I am about to ask, but believe me no hard intentions are meant, just simple outright questions to all of you out there who have positive and constructive thoughts to share.

Since the meteor sighting over Chelyabinsk in Russia, quite a few reportings of new sightings have appeared here on ATS… Now whats strange about that you may ask? Well nothing is strange until you see “mainly” where these sightings are taking place… Im not saying there are reports of hundreds of sightings being reported here on ATS but just "mainly"

Yep, you guessed right, over the USA!

So, my questions to all of you are the following :

1. Is this just because the majority of people here on ATS are from the USA and American members are being more sensitive to this type of “meteor, fireball, UFO” activity (and yes I know that the USA is a very large country with possibilities of observing more “sky” activity BUT… then again so is The whole of Europe, Canada, coastal regions of Australia, Africa, Asia etc..)

2. Are people who are reporting “meteor, fireball” sightings on this forum just following the current trend (as was done for the guns issue) or are they just letting their imagination go astray when they see something which they are unable to identify in the sky and call it “meteor, fireball”? I have deliberately left out the word UFO as I personally think that “meteor and fireball” come into this category until correctly identified.

And my last and most important question for members of the non American INTERNATIONAL ATS community living in the 195 other countries in the world (of course it is understood that not all countries are represented on this forum for different Geo-political reasons) :

Have you heard of sightings, have you seen “Meteors, fireballs, UFOs” in the country where you are located and if so and you haven’t posted here what would the reason be for not posting? (No links, No proof with images, afraid of debunking etc etc…?)

(It would be good to know the stats as to just which percentage of each country are represented as members here on this forum?)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 19-2-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling mistake

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Nah, nothing here in sunny Cairns.

Looks like it is just a concentration of sightings. It does seem awareness is up though.

Now, if there were several of the russian incidents all over the world, then it might be time to grab the BOB and head for the specially prepared underground shelter.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I would even go as far as to speculate that these posters are shills adding disinformation to a trendy topic--which seems to happen for EVERY world event.

Either that or trolls...but I don't know, it just seems too unsatisfying.

orrrr my tin hat is too tight

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Next week something else will be the hot topic..

To answer your other questions... The percentage of American users here probably out numbers the rest of the world combined... The UK probably being second highest but the UK is always cloudy and being such a small island has very high levels light pollution... Australia being third is a huge country with maybe only 2-3 per cent being populated and most living in big cities on the coast... When you take into account all these factors,the majority of sightings will always come from America..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anon29

I wouldn't be surprised if i get treated as a shill by someone for having started a topic about "meteors, fireballs, UFOs" again!

But then again, these questions having been bugging me for a couple of days even!

Hope you managed to loosen the tin hat mate? Foil leaves terrible marks on the skin.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
Next week something else will be the hot topic..

To answer your other questions... The percentage of American users here probably out numbers the rest of the world combined... The UK probably being second highest but the UK is always cloudy and being such a small island has very high levels light pollution... Australia being third is a huge country with maybe only 2-3 per cent being populated and most living in big cities on the coast... When you take into account all these factors,the majority of sightings will always come from America..

It sure will, right on time and we will never mention meteors again!

Seriously though, this whole pope resigning and lightning striking St. Peters Bascilica, and the meteor attacking Russia(lol) all around the same time has alot of people speculating about the end of days and whatnot. Alot of people are now looking to the heavens for signs, so anytime someone see's a shooting star we should hear about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Thanks for your comments and I totally agree with you Misscurious.

It would be really interesting if SkepticOverlord could share with us some simple statistics on the percentages of members of different countries using this forum.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
nothing here in the east Anglia part of the UK. just traffic, plenty of traffic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Site statistics:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Rodinus

Site statistics:

Thanks chad looks like Americans do outnumber the rest.. although I forgot to mention you guys inCanada.apologies for that..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Rodinus

Site statistics:

Brilliant, thanks very much Chadwick.

For info Misscurious, I believe Chadwick is from Australia and not Canada (if my reading glasses are correctly positioned that is!)

Erm... forget the last phrase i have just read your post correctly... erm, many apologies my dear

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 19-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-2-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You also have to factor in the ability to communicate sitings and peoples willingness to report them..

Unfortunately there are large parts of the globe that does not have internet access, alongside people who do not have the tech available because of poverty or other social/cultural factors... It just happens that in the west we DO have the means to communicate instantly... And the hot topics of the week will be more readily reported than others..

I personally think there is indeed something happening and that we are on the presipice of huge changes.. But that is just my belief.. Either way... Its good that we have so many watchmen on the walls noting events and trends..

Information is power.. And may just be key to our survival one day...
edit on 19-2-2013 by EvanB because: typos

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

So, let me represent Brazil then

It's also a huge country but as far as I know nothing is falling over here.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I have come across this site curious.astro.cornell.edu... thats answers half or part of my questions this with the following citation (although in this citation he didn't talk about "meteors or fireballs" but alien spacecraft!

Start of citation :

Why do so many of the world's UFO sightings happen in America?

Why, on the whole earth, do the UFO's visit only America?

First of all, let me reiterate the point made here. There has never been any reliable evidence of any kind to suggest that alien spacecraft have visited Earth.

But that's not to say that people haven't looked at the claims of UFO sightings scientifically. In particular, the distribution of UFO sightings across the globe might be of interest. The best resource I've found on this subject is this page www.larryhatch.net... According to the statistics compiled on that site, the United States has the most sightings of any single country, followed by France and Great Britain. (Though I haven't looked at it carefully enough to pick out the countries with the most sightings per capita.)

I think the most interesting map on that site is the distribution of sightings in Europe. France and Great Britain have many more sightings than Germany, even though Germany has a larger population than either of those two countries. You can find similar discrepancies all over the world. There's more than one way to interpret data like this. But to me, it seems a little far-fetched that aliens would recognize national borders, and visit one country much more than another if the two countries are geographically close, and similar in population, population density, and economic development. So a map like this suggests to me that UFO sightings are likely to be a cultural phenomenon.

End of citation

I actually agree with this gentleman about the fact that this could be a cultural phenomenon

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 19-2-2013 by Rodinus because: added info

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Wasn't 2012 DA14 supposed to travel through the Van Allen radiation belt?
Wouldn't that scatter a few rocks from the belt, did it travel through clean without hitting any space rocks?
I expect to see more meteors because of this event

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Markive

You expect to see them where, in which geographic location Markive?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I am in France and I saw one on Dec.19. I have never seen anything like it before. It came in from the left and then there was a HUGE blue semi circle of light, like an explosion without sound .
I don't know if the two were related since the blue light flashes I've read about don't seem to mention a meteor, but they must have been imo.
It shook me up a bit considering all the Dec. 21 hype at that time, I came close to jump on the bandwagon that night!
Nothing since though.

I wanted to find an explanation which is how I ended up becoming an ATS member.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
you know, when i was a kid id sleep out on the trampoline all night, see satellites, shooting stars, ducks, weird flashes... all sorts of crap.

im sure if i go out side and look outside ill eventually see a shooting star tonight..

point is, its always been happening.. people are just excited like kids since the Russian one actually hit the ground.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

My mistake, I remembered the wrong belt!
I was referring to the asteroid belt
This belt
I remembered reading an article somewhere about the possible collision of DA14 with the asteroid belt thus scattering rocks from their orbit some of which might stray into our atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Sayitaintso

Hi Sayitaintso or should i call you Donny?

Was your sighting anywhere near the site of Bugarach as there were a lot of weird and wonderful people around that mountain in the weeks leading up to 21st December 2012? *wink wink nudge nudge*

I live in France too and to be quite honest for the past 30 years i have been here i haven't seen anything spectacular in the sky apart from the Hale Bopp comet in 97.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 19-2-2013 by Rodinus because: word added

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join