Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Nestle recalls products after horse meat discovery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The obvious answer to why it is happening is to make more money. Isn't that the reason for just about every problem or crime in today's world.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i think i am going to boycott Neslte products for a while now!!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
They would do quality control but they would only test for contaminants, not animal DNA.

I dont see the big deal, its not like its rat meat.
Is the issue people have that its false advertising or that horse is somehow above being eaten?

If your happy to eat a cow why not a horse?

Exactly! I expect anything I buy to be exactly what it says on the labeling. That's the issue for me. I've eaten a lot worse than horse meat, but knew exactly what it was before it went near my mouth.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Whats WITH all the horsemeat lately? It makes me wonder,has this not been going on for quite a while before?

Yes.... at LEAST 10 years, maybe more.
We've been eating Horse and probably a lot worse for at least a decade now.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you've eaten fast food burgers you've eaten humans.

There's a big slaughterhouse in our hometown that chops ups cows. They have a very fast moving line with people flinging around knives and cutting the beef up at amazing speeds...when someone accidentally cuts off their finger/nose/ear....whatever....the line never stops.

That person is pulled back and someone else replaces them. They NEVER stop the line to recover the guys body part.

It allll gets ground up. There's lots of tobaccy juice in that ground up beef as well.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by goou111

Im a carnivore and will eat anything with the exception to dog or cat and only then because I like them and have heard they are tortured before being killed to get adrenaline through their systems.

Most livestock we eat has been pumped so full of hormones and and other stuff that whats in a racehorse would seem healthy by comparison.

As for donkey, never tried it but I would.

The false advertising I get but it seems to me that most are upset because its horse, I doubt there would have been much fuss if it was mutton instead of horse.

1 sentient being is as good as another in my opinion and whether its horse, cow, rabbit, whatever, the Karmic bill will turn up eventually

Okay, I've read through here enough...I'm as of today going VEGETARIAN!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Well in all the threads I have consistently talked about the issue being the deceit. People should care and be pissed. What kind of precedent does it set for further deception if the public doesn't react with strong enough opposition. The meat is trivial to the matter.

The meat is the crux of the matter for those who obey the laws of God in scripture.

Cow = clean meat created for the benefit of mankind's diet.
Horse = unclean meat created for a different purpose then mankind's diet.

Eating a cow is a blessing from God to be thankful for, eating a horse is an abomination unto God and a curse; according to scripture.

Some people live their lives according to the word of God, to them it is a HUGE deal to replace a clean mean with an unclean meat while labeling it clean.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

reply to post by goou111

I get the lying part and would be a bit peeved as well but from what I can tell from most comments in other threads the issue is the fact its horse and not the fact they were lied to.

Would you personally be upset if it was lamb or goat in the meat?

What if the meat was venison which is healthier and more expensive, would it still be an issue?

Not being a smartass, genuinely curious

Many people feel the same about eating horse as you feel about eating cat or dog (in your earlier post) regardless of your reasons why. There is no justification for ANY type of meat being sold as ANYTHING else than what it is. Those are the laws. The people who are breaking those laws are CRIMINALS. If I eat ....insert food chice here, it should be because I CHOOSE to eat ...insert food choice here, and not because I was deceived or lied to about it.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join