It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long applause for Pope Benedict

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It's not really a debate at all. He's doing nothing but being the internet equivalent of loud and brash and pushy. He's so emotional he's throwing out weak attacks and false assumptions about me. It's cute, actually, because he's illustrating his ignorance. If he keeps on like this, I'll just do as Scripture dictates and shake the dust off my feet and move on.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

If I could I would point out to him that Jesus knows who we're talking about in either case.. so there's no use getting superstitious about it, as if it's like a talisman - I think Jesus was asking a little more from us that to just go around saying his name all the time, and if there was any confusion or any concern about there being any confusion we could just say Jesus or Yehoshua of the cross, or Jesus the Lord of Love son of God, or whathaveyou. It's still just as functional as an identifyer, and then there's his last name as well if the first wasn't clear enough because I don't think anyone else goes by the last name of Christ or Messiah.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I dunno. The Scriptures say there is only one name that saves. Perhaps I am being too literal haha. Oh well. And Messiah (ha'Mashiach) isn't his last name. It's a title.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

One name that saves? Really? And.... you believe this? If so, then, if someone calls him something else they will be tormented for eternity? Please tell me you do not believe that!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Fair enough, but I think Jesus works just fine - I mean like heh we're talking about a spirit of infinite intelligence here who made the heavens and the earth and I don't think he's going to smite us for a Greek translation of his name. Ironic though that the other poster's name who differs with you on this issue is truejew.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

One name that saves? Really? And.... you believe this? If so, then, if someone calls him something else they will be tormented for eternity? Please tell me you do not believe that!

Let me ask you this, MamaJ: Do you believe the Bible means what it says? The Bible says one name. And that name was NOT the English "Jesus" when Scriptures were written.

This is also why I don't call the Most High, the Father, "the LORD" which is a PAGAN addition. The Scriptures say, for instance, "I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked."

Now what does "Ba'al" mean? Ba'al means "lord." So it reads this way "I will remove the names of the Lords from her lips." Ba'al means Lord so when they call upon Lord, they are actually saying "Ba'al."

Jesus is a translation based upon the Greek Iyeosus and sounds suspiciously like Zeus. I don't call on pagan deities. I call on my Father.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

But it's not a Greek translation of His name. It's a pagan invention used to mislead His followers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Whatever - you are a brother in "Him" with truejew (and me), and that something like this on both your parts could be allowed to divide and separate you is imho both pathetic and extremely sad.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Oh I'm not separated from "TrueJew." I just disagree with his statements.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I believe the Bible has many great stories of our History. I believe our Father speaks through many people and I also believe many people think he is speaking to them (is he?). I can only speak for myself though. I do not believe the Bible is the only book that God has chosen to speak to his children.

There is no.... one true religion and the rest false. Frankly, Jesus despised religion.

Men came together to form a religion they could agree on, Christianity is one of them. Religions have been formed by men.. not God. God did not write the Bible, men did.

They lie. I do not believe every story in the Bible is true. I have discerned for myself what I believe to be true, not just with the Bible, but all stories men have created in our history books, or antiquity. I also believe many religions have a little bit of the truth but not the whole truth. We are too ignorant to handle the entire truth. Look around.... people will fight over the silliest things. Love thy neighbor as yourself does not mean only to love him if he is of the same belief. Wars are fought over a name. Its sad in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They lie. I do not believe every story in the Bible is true. I have discerned for myself what I believe to be true, not just with the Bible, but all stories men have created in our history books, or antiquity. I also believe many religions have a little bit of the truth but not the whole truth. We are too ignorant to handle the entire truth. Look around.... people will fight over the silliest things.

What about Jonah and the whale? It's just too good a story not to be true don't ya think?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There is no.... one true religion and the rest false. Frankly, Jesus despised religion.

I agree, yes he did. But I do believe there is one true teaching. All teachings cannot be true because they contradict each other.

Still, the teachings of Jesus have been taken and corrupted and turned into what is modern-day Christianity which is a far cry from the early Church was.

I do not believe every story in the Bible is true.

I do. I believe the Scriptures are a history book. But I also believe there are deeper meanings to a lot of the things written therein. As you said the Most High didn't write it, men did. But he did inspire it.

Love thy neighbor as yourself does not mean only to love him if he is of the same belief.

I totally agree.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

In Jesus' time and for his disciples it involved a process of initiation into deep mysteries, with an inner inner, an inner, and inner-outer (sounds like belly buttons) and outer circles of knowledge and understanding (with Jesus sharing and initiating at all levels all the time), but it was experiential knowledge and an intimate, participatory relationship with the spirit divine, not "faith" in the way we think of it today.

Re: "the church" - just look at the seek-and-destroy mission towards "heresies" once the official cannon of the Bible was carved in stone, which most assuredly included killing what might be called the 12 emanations of the Magi originating with/from none other than the master himself... how sad and pathetic and ironic is that?!

With this in mind, what the modern Roman Catholic Church is serving today is a stale as their crispy solar wafers.

edit on 19-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Ok.... so we agree on pretty much all parts.

When you said he inspired it (some of the writings), I had a thought.. I want to tell you something.

I am inspired daily, and sometimes I am inspired to write down what has just inspired me.

The Bible or other ancient texts, inspires me.

Talking spirituality inspires me.

Music also inspires me.

I also get real inspired when I listen to a lecture from Manly Hall. I love that guy! I love esoteric wisdom and philosophy.

Watching nature grow, inspires me. I even wrote about an experience in a thread one day about my rose bush. God spoke to me about the nature of all things. No joke. I didn't hear him speak my name or anything but I believe he speaks to me all the time through that which inspires me.

God inspires us all ..... all the time.
edit on 19-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

HAHA! I think it has significance. You know, I love me some Jesus.... I just don't follow a religion, I follow him.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You know, I love me some Jesus.... I just don't follow a religion, I follow him.

Agreed.

Oh and interesting sidenote. Do you know what the word "inspire" means? It means "to inhale" or "to breathe." I'll never forget the day I learned that tidbit.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It must have, because he (Jesus, Yeheshua or whatever his real name is) used it as a sign for something greater whereby he too entered into and was spit back out, of the belly of the beast.

Abraham's near sacrifice of Isaac was another sign, where in that case, fortuitively, there just happened to be a two-horned ram caught up in a thicket nearby..

You can't really prophecy today, because everyone is in disagreement, but back then, it moved along in time and history like an evolving framework sure to manifest something extraordinary at some point down the line. Then again, it's all been done now and all we need to is to catch up with the Great Work of all ages, while seeing it's sings and symbols reflected everywhere, unto a Rose which by any other name smells as sweet.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Our spirits testify together of the love of God in Jesus.

You are authentic MamaJ in your love and inspiration.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ya know, I didn't know that. It makes the case for inspire even stronger!!! Thank you for that tidbit.

God inspires us all. I love it!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Thank you NAM, You are as well!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join