It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Load of These Police Targets....Scary Stuff.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There will always be people like you who are clueless, so enlightening you is pointless.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Is this for real or what? I would like to see some evidence to suggest the police are really using these targets and this is not just make believe propaganda to stir things up.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ContractedMercenary
Coming from this type of background ill just go ahead and tell you right now this is nothing more than a typical market scheme trieng to ploy in on all the recent homeland shootings.

These types of targets have been around for years. Hell ive popped automatic rounds in more than a few civilian type targets, the civilian style just comforts the brain when having to do live ops..

Wow you must be a real billy badass with a handle like that and bragging about it on the internet... Sigh! Reality is you're probably just a desk jockey or basement dweller wannabe trying to act tough on the internet. Only on ATS would we get trolls trying to defend this sick garbage and even claiming to have popped civilian targets with full auto.. Amazing.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by betadaze
Is this for real or what? I would like to see some evidence to suggest the police are really using these targets and this is not just make believe propaganda to stir things up.

In today's world threats come from every direction. Pregnant women and kids can be shooters. They are legitimate targets. Discriminating in practice is important in order to be prepared for real-world experience. A piece of paper is actually woefully inadequate for the purpose but it's what's available.
edit on 2/20/2013 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Creep Thumper

It's a simple request...

Tell us how using these targets make you better at what you do.

You can't. Possibly because these type of people...old man defending home....young boy on playground....old lady defending home... are the type of people you are preparing for.

It is extremely suspect that you took a 6 year posting hiatus from ATS....let me state that again...six years...then 2 weeks ago you reactivate to begin tossing poo and insults around various threads.

But, I digress.

Enlighten us, please.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

what would a person familiar with LE do for a few years, Einstein?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Fantasize about shooting little white kids on the playground?

Taking out grandmas in their kitchen?

Retool their shill techniques?

Just guessing....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

How do you know who has what experience?
I've been on both ends. Neither is fun, but one is certainly preferable over the other.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Fantasize about shooting little white kids on the playground?

Taking out grandmas in their kitchen?

Retool their shill techniques?

Just guessing....

You have a problem. You also like to bait people. I will not be one of your fish.

The purpose of these targets has been explained.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I am going to order a bunch of the kid and pregnant women ones and bring them to the range, and see how people feel about it. and then let them know cops shoot these to train blah blah. just to see the reactions

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by ContractedMercenary
Coming from this type of background ill just go ahead and tell you right now this is nothing more than a typical market scheme trieng to ploy in on all the recent homeland shootings.

These types of targets have been around for years. Hell ive popped automatic rounds in more than a few civilian type targets, the civilian style just comforts the brain when having to do live ops..

Wow you must be a real billy badass with a handle like that and bragging about it on the internet... Sigh! Reality is you're probably just a desk jockey or basement dweller wannabe trying to act tough on the internet. Only on ATS would we get trolls trying to defend this sick garbage and even claiming to have popped civilian targets with full auto.. Amazing.

Your a moron i work a legal job at a private security firm. Compared to idk 70 percent of ATS users your damn right im billy badd ass. Its punks like you whom are sick, When you take your diaper off and go in the real world not the safe streets of the united states then come over and talk about right and wrong you freakin tool.

The fact you pointed out my screen name means you know absolute squat about what you think mercenaries are. If it wasnt for guys like me alot of your medical and food convoys wouldn't be so secure...

What exactly am i bragging about? I never once said anything that wasnt true? The fact is you watch to much tv and you make assumptions based off bs like that. Half the time when im deployed out through my company i do 6--9 month stints and mainly do transportation convoys.

SO again what am i bragging about? Did i say i was pullin covert dessert missions, or say i was in particular countries/... No you just assumed casue your a spoon fed weasel.... Im damn proud of what i do for my country, what is it that you do? Talk $h!t on ATS...

So like i said, you guys are being over the top stupid about nothing, theres been alot of homeland shooting sprees lately, and normal everyday officers arent to familiar or comfortable using there weapons on what you would consider normal civilians so all this does is comfort the brain when having to determine weather or not lethal force is necessary.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
TEMPER TEMPER

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
I am going to order a bunch of the kid and pregnant women ones and bring them to the range, and see how people feel about it. and then let them know cops shoot these to train blah blah. just to see the reactions

Because you know the average joe at a shooting range is going to be a first responder to any hypothetical situation.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ContractedMercenary

Your a moron i work a legal job at a private security firm. Compared to idk 70 percent of ATS users your damn right im billy badd ass. Its punks like you whom are sick, When you take your diaper off and go in the real world not the safe streets of the united states then come over and talk about right and wrong you freakin tool.

Wow I must of hit pretty close to home to illicit a response like that. Let me just say that guys who really are billy bad-asses don't talk about it and those that aren't create handles like yours and brag about shooting civilian targets on the internet. Does your mom know you are on the computer. Why don't you get out of the basement and go outside and play and get some sun instead of pretending to be something you are not?

The fact you pointed out my screen name means you know absolute squat about what you think mercenaries are. If it wasnt for guys like me alot of your medical and food convoys wouldn't be so secure...

Really so do tell us what Contracted Mercenary does mean then if it does not mean soldier for hire and used as an internet handle screams look at me I am a tough guy?

What exactly am i bragging about? I never once said anything that wasnt true? The fact is you watch to much tv and you make assumptions based off bs like that. Half the time when im deployed out through my company i do 6--9 month stints and mainly do transportation convoys.

What are you bragging about? Ah gee read my last two responses above. Me thinks you protesteth too much...

SO again what am i bragging about? Did i say i was pullin covert dessert missions, or say i was in particular countries/... No you just assumed casue your a spoon fed weasel.... Im damn proud of what i do for my country, what is it that you do? Talk $h!t on ATS...

No I Just slap down wannabe internet trolls on ATS... LOL! And you don't do a damn thing for your country in your moms basement! Even if you really were a contractor (seriously doubt it cause you talk to much) no one deployed is doing it for their country they are doing it for banksters and corporate entities none of those countries are any threat to the US and there is no need for US troops to be there. Its time some military personal who still buy the BS they were fed in basic grow up and face the reality of the situation. look up Major General Smedley Butlers "War is a Racket" and educate yourselves!

So like i said, you guys are being over the top stupid about nothing, theres been alot of homeland shooting sprees lately, and normal everyday officers arent to familiar or comfortable using there weapons on what you would consider normal civilians so all this does is comfort the brain when having to determine weather or not lethal force is necessary.

Comfort the brain in shooting pregnant ladies little kids old men and women and Mothers with children all in their homes or on the playground? What a sick disgusting and twisted belief...

When the government finally finishes opening this can of worms there are a lot of veterans who will come out of the wood work and get that bag or locker out of the closet and defend America and the constitution the likes of which the government has no idea what they are getting themselves into.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You all need to slow the truck down just a bit here.
There is nothing wrong with these targets as they are on their own.
Just as in everything context is key.
The way they are used is what is potentially a problem. If you train LE to exclusively engage these types of targets then yes thats a problem. If you include these in a cycle of targets that show the typical "hollywood bad guy" say a string of the Hollywood types 10 or 20 and then throw in one of these to see if the shooter engages it then it is being used properly. You cannot assume that just because a person looks nice and "normal" that they are not a threat. Thats the downside of paper targets. There is no context or exchange of dialog to round out the training.
Trainng can be a duel edge sword. Because it is by its very nature conditioning, it must be done properly to make sure that you are not training in bad habits with good.
I have purchased targets from this company and they are good people. They make paper targets, they supply to everyone not just the government so they do not have a "LEO Only" mentality that some places have.
What we have to worry about and wonder about and ask questions about is are these targets being heavily ordered by DHS? Thats the story I saw that DHS requested a significant number of these targets. That bothers me. Because we have to wonder what kind of conditioning the DHS trainers are working on.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

did anyone forget that these first responders wear vests? so even if you take a 22 cal to the chest or a 40 cal you will be severly bruised, maybe a broken rib. but alive nonetheless. on a side note, they made the kid target so they could train for sh.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
reply to post by opethPA

did anyone forget that these first responders wear vests? so even if you take a 22 cal to the chest or a 40 cal you will be severly bruised, maybe a broken rib. but alive nonetheless. on a side note, they made the kid target so they could train for sh.

Unless of course they get shot somewhere that wasn't covered by a vest?
I can put you in contact with a widow of an officer that got shot during a drug bust..He had a vest on which would have probably kept him alive if the bullet didnt hit him in the upper thigh near the groin severing a major artery and causing him to bleed out.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If the real reason is to teach cops not to pre-judge real threats there are much better ways to accomplish this goal.

What about a computer program, like a video game, showing different scenarios?

This doesn't teach them any analysis skills but rather just desensitizes police to killing people.

And it's scary non-LE would want to buy these. I would be a little worried if someone was target practicing children.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

It's a simple request...

Tell us how using these targets make you better at what you do.

You can't. Possibly because these type of people...old man defending home....young boy on playground....old lady defending home... are the type of people you are preparing for.

But, I digress.

Enlighten us, please.

You sure as hell made alot of assumptions in this little rant right here. Let me go ahead and do what you did!!!!

How do you know that's not some old perverted pedophile jerkin off on little boys in a Virginian cabin somewhere, shooting his shotgun off because troopers are on the microphone calling for his surrender...

Or again how do you know thats not some old lady with Alzheimer's who woke up one morning and just freaked grabbing her husbands shotgun and killing her grandson caretaker casue she had no idea who he was or why he was in her room, and is now scared for her life, and is shooting at cops or anyone who is approaching the house?...

See these are thoughts all you fool hearted conspirators forgot to take into consideration. Its ok to believe the truth is out there but you have to be rational and whole headed to achieve anything great!!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join