It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Load of These Police Targets....Scary Stuff.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

It is hard to fathom a cop shooting a kid even one armed with a real gun..... but how many stories have we heard of a kid getting shot for "brandishing" a toy gun or anyone else getting shot for holding something "shiny" like a cell phone: shoot first and ask questions later??

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Coming from this type of background ill just go ahead and tell you right now this is nothing more than a typical market scheme trieng to ploy in on all the recent homeland shootings.

These types of targets have been around for years. Hell ive popped automatic rounds in more than a few civilian type targets, the civilian style just comforts the brain when having to do live ops..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If things are going to turn south, and social unrest is imminent, then...

This is why cops need to be trained properly for said event. For some reason, all of you here seem to think that cops are somehow more enlightened about the darker agendas at the helm.

They aren't. Most police officers live in their own little world like everyone else you see walking around. They have relationships and families, favorite shows they watch and they are as much invested in a bright future as the rest of us.

Doesn't change the fact that the political environment is ripe for civil unrest. Doesn't change the fact that when that mentality takes over the majority of the citizens, a vigilante justice will make America very dangerous for these officers and any other law-abiding, peaceful citizen.

The best we can hope for is that our differences are settled peacefully with minimal violence. Otherwise, cops are trained to take out the horde mentality that will erupt in society. They will be like zombies, that horde of freedom fighters. That horde won't just fight cops and the military, they will also kill anyone who doesn't agree with them. It's a divide and conquer mentality, I just don't know who's more guilty of it. The "authority" or us civilians.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Signals

Ha ha ha Reason magazine and Infowars has picked this up and it has gone viral and crashed the site. I posted it to dailypaul too. They have taken down all but one of the pictures but infowars got a screen shot of the page. Reason got a response from the company who says the have billions in contracts with the feds too...

Love it shinning the light on scum...

edit on 19-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

That's awesome! Thanks!

Infowars link to story
edit on 19-2-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Cops are taught to first and foremost use any means necessary to not escalate to the use of force. They are taught something called "verbal judo" to use in situations that could escalate. Female cops excel at verbal judo. Cops are taught that if they believe their life is in danger, they can shoot. This is where things get really grey. I hate the idea because a lot can go wrong with such a broad rule, but I understand it because in most cases it is a lot better to neutralize a threat before they shoot you rather than wait before you are shot at and possibly killed. Most cops are normal people like you and I and want to go back home at the end of the day to see their family. The huge problem with it is that a lot of guys, who may actually he good cops, make a decision that eventually becomes a bad one from the outcome.

For example, this whole Dorner thing got cops real skittish. There was a blue truck (which was said to be what Dornernwas driving) coming down a street slowly with it's lights off making frequent stops. The street had a house that was under police protection because it held someone on Dorner's kill list. The cops opened fire on the truck. Turns out it was two Hispanic women delivering papers. One got shot in the hand, the other was fine. The lady who got shot will be a couple million richer alternate lawsuit is settled.

I am not a police officer but it seems to me that a policeman should first find some cover (behind thier car door etc.) when faced with a potentially dangerous situation with an assailant that is unlikely to be a criminal.

Shoot first and ask questions later is no way to train our law enforcement in my opinion.

The whole "Dorner situations" could have been completely avoided if they had....oh I dunno.....maybe ran the plates first to see if the vehicles matched his? If they had, looked to see if it was a 300 lb black man and not 2 hispanic women? Or in the other case a white guy who they let go after stopping him and then proceeded to open fire on his vehicle when he passed them.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

That's VIP & Executive Protection

link

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

People hesitate to shoot a person that doesn't look like a obvious badguy from a movie.

Perhaps they ought to hesitate.. that's the point.
No more hesitation=no more common sense.

Protect yourself yes, but that doesn't mean shoot first ask questions later.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xNightwing

But I'll stand by my view, that as messed up as it may come off, these targets arent that terrible when there are situations in this world where a pregnant woman/mother/kid can go on a rampage with a gun...and if an officer has too long of a hesitation in those situations, he and/or other innocents will die

How many innocents die at the hands of LEO's.. and yet we have no targets portraying LEO's here. I think the reasons are clear. This training is more about indoctrination than it is about target practice. I think if a person were being objective that they would recognize this rather than defend it as such.

I've known LE in my life and have one in he family. Love him, but only separated from his career. My neighbor is also a sheriff & that's cool too. But not all LEO's are good people and I have been witness to the bad type on several occasions. Those are the type that never admit to anything that LE does as being wrong and is always justified in their actions, words and behavior.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If you are so righteous, why don't you join your local police force. Walk a mile in their shoes before passing judgment.

I'm only guessing that most good people don't join the police force unless they have a void to fill. Sometimes things can be learned from watching without the necessity to actually live the experience. If a person sees enough why would they have the need to actually become a LEO in order to understand that there are many who are not good, and that there is a code within the force which reminds us that you can't be a good cop in a bad dept.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikell
Got to admit I pulled the trigger and smoked the pregnant woman before I realized she was knocked up. Proper move 2 less criminals on the street

Two? How do you get to two? Are you already insinuating that the newborn child is a criminal? See, that's what people are so concerned with.. the attitude LE has that everyone is a criminal (except LE themselves, and those who they really protect-which is anyone higher up in their dept.),,and then their leaders.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Anybody notice they all seem to be Caucasian....

From their "about us" link =

We are proud to call some of America's most trusted and relied upon groups and organizations, our customers. This includes: Military Branches – U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Army, U.S. National Guard, U.S. Air Force Government Organizations – Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS), Dept. of Justice, U.S. Treasury Dept, and many more... Law Enforcement – Thousands of law enforcement agencies at the municipal, county, and state levels. Numerous training organizations, private ranges, shooting clubs, and shooting enthusiasts.

They really need to take out the part about "most trusted and relied upon". You could not pay me to call DHS or the DOJ for help walking my dog, much less to seek justice. Or the cops for that matter. This is just wrong. What happened to wounding a person? Or trying to talk to them and difuse the situation? Now, it's just shoot till they quit moving and a few more for good luck. I believe LE are poorly trained and panic. In scenarios that may require 3 rounds, they just pull till empty, reload and keep firing. Someone should tell them it's placement not quantity. I guess when your pissin' your pants in fear, it's hard to remember that.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Should call the company and ask if there is any life sized targets of LEO's wearing body armor so we can practice on. OH but we can't do that because we would be classified as terrorist.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ContractedMercenary
Coming from this type of background ill just go ahead and tell you right now this is nothing more than a typical market scheme trieng to ploy in on all the recent homeland shootings.

These types of targets have been around for years. Hell ive popped automatic rounds in more than a few civilian type targets, the civilian style just comforts the brain when having to do live ops..

All the so called people on here whining and crying about these targets are the first to ream these same targets but real life version when incidents happen. Like i said prior, The object of these targets is to comfort the brain in live OP situations.. Alot of you "know it alls" talk straight out of your butts most of the time and have no real first hand knowledge just what your read and here....

Say what you will but when a bogey is meaning to harm you it doesnt matter women child grandfather or man getting shot is getting shot. Ive done things that are hard to live with but when it comes to life or death its kill or be killed. So with all that said i would urge you guys to get over your righteous selves and understand that its training and nothing more...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I see a lot of big talk in this thread from people who know nothing about what it's like to be on the business end of a weapon.

Yes, I have been. You don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
I see a lot of big talk in this thread from people who know nothing about what it's like to be on the business end of a weapon.

My weapon is my current source of income so i hope your not talkin to me lol.....

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
These are exactly the type of situations in which a LEO should hesitate before firing. I don't think any cop wants a dead child or pregnant woman on their conscience. Any cop who doesn't hesitate in this type of situation should be canned IMHO.

What happens when they gun down a kid only to find out it was a realistic toy they were holding?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
These guys are getting hammered on facebook check out the comments:

www.facebook.com...

Also Infowars called the company listen to this response.

Here is a link to the article about it too:

www.infowars.com...
edit on 20-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

My weapon is my current source of income so i hope your not talkin to me lol.....

No, not you. I see civilians here with no clue whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

These are exactly the type of situations in which a LEO should hesitate before firing. I don't think any cop wants a dead child or pregnant woman on their conscience. Any cop who doesn't hesitate in this type of situation should be canned IMHO.

What happens when they gun down a kid only to find out it was a realistic toy they were holding?

I'd like to put you in that situation and watch you hesitate. And die.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

No, not you. I see civilians here with no clue whatsoever.

Thanks for stopping by...Please enlighten us civilians on how training with pregnant teenagers protecting their children targets make you sharper at what you do...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join