It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get a Load of These Police Targets....Scary Stuff.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Should we get no more hesitation targets depicting government officials and police-m of course not that is ridiculous. So why are they using these targets, come on. This is absurd. Just go back to bulls eyes please. I am going to start living in my TFH

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by byGRACE
Should we get no more hesitation targets depicting government officials and police-m of course not that is ridiculous. So why are they using these targets, come on. This is absurd. Just go back to bulls eyes please. I am going to start living in my TFH

Actually I dont see how they couldn't add targets like police officers into training programs if they don't already have them in there.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yes

Civil war is coming. The economy is going to tank and they are preparing for major civil unrest.

They know americans are waking up to becoming slaves while illegals get it all for free...

Many reasons for the unrest.

Connect the dots.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Didn't read all these pages to see if this is mentioned... but just now it appears this category has disappeared from the site.

Also, when I first went on there I got a message about their servers being overloaded.

In all seriousness - they figured out they were being looked at & took all of this down.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Ok, so. This "go home or not" nonsense comes up time and time again. As a former LEO and a member of the military who has been in a war zone here or there I can tell you that we were trained to make decisions that dealt with protection. Not self perseverance.

What this means to you laymen out there is that your job is NOT to worry about coming home and that you better shoot them before they shoot you. Your job is to protect. Protect yourself, protect the assailant (the pregnant woman in the prior picture), protect the people around you, protect everyone.

How you do this is by making sound decisions. That is not deciding to shoot first. That is to analyze the situation and act accordingly, to follow the rules regarding the escalation of deadly force, and overall, to protect.

Perhaps that child doesn't know its a real gun.

Perhaps that woman is scared you are a burglar.

Perhaps you get shot. And that would be too bad. However, again, the job is to protect. When a person signs up for the military or LEO they know they are signing up to potentially get shot at, blown up, maimed or otherwise made dead. That is the deal. You are signing up to protect and if that means getting dead as part of your job to protect, you do that.

That is why we idolize the guy who jumps in front of the gun, sacrificing his life to save others. That is why we honor the guy who jumps on the grenade. They didn't say to themselves, "Oh crap, I better off that woman before she shoots me after getting done shooting that other guy." They don't see the grenade rolling on the floor and look quickly at their comrades and think, "Eff them! I am getting the hell outa here! Good luck effers!"

Only the cowardly think that their job is to first go home and to shoot everyone who gets in the way.

If you cannot hack it, if you don't have the stones for it, then you should NOT be in an LEO. If you are a *ussy then go get a job as a mall cop and point your flashlight at people and look imposing.

If you are there to protect and to serve you do what is necessary to ensure that NO ONE gets shot; by you or by anyone else. NO ONE.

What the hell is wrong with you people who think it is ok to shoot a pregnant woman or a child?

I mean really. What the hell is wrong with you?

My god!

edit on 20-2-2013 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

baka, this right here reaffirms my hope for LEO's knowing that you were one......you get it, you understand!!

What you said is what I have been trying to articulate but could not find the words

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

Originally posted by FortAnthem

These are exactly the type of situations in which a LEO should hesitate before firing. I don't think any cop wants a dead child or pregnant woman on their conscience. Any cop who doesn't hesitate in this type of situation should be canned IMHO.

What happens when they gun down a kid only to find out it was a realistic toy they were holding?

I'd like to put you in that situation and watch you hesitate. And die.

There is something extremely unsettling about a cop being trained not to hesitate.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Signals

Originally posted by Signals
If you can't see this, you have already bought into what is to come.

Oh, I see what you're saying, and I understand your opinion, I just disagree. And if I disagree with you, I'm apparently a sheeple or a shill or stupid. I get really tired of this insinuation here on ATS. If you don't buy the conspiracy, hook, line and sinker, without considering other positions, you're just an idiot. Thanks for playing.

Well if the shoe fits.........

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
Didn't read all these pages to see if this is mentioned... but just now it appears this category has disappeared from the site.

Also, when I first went on there I got a message about their servers being overloaded.

In all seriousness - they figured out they were being looked at & took all of this down.
good, to all of the above.
i hope they get lots of flack over it !!!!
that is/was some BS.

the obvious "non-aggressive" presentation of the NMH series really bothered me ... then, after some time passed, i finally realized that every single one of them (NMH) was of a 'caucasion persuasion subject' and i began to wonder what the real subliminal training with these were.

not long after that a thread popped up indicating DHS provided $2million to the project/company

company behind targets get $2 million from DHS

hmmm, i wonder if DHS would sponsor the same kind of 'printed targets' only using 'stock' photos of agents, IRS folk, TSA members, ATF, all the alphabets and anyone else we could perceive as a potential 'threat' ??

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yeah.. these are weird. I mean.. if you are in a situation where you see these things it is most likely that you are the bad guy.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Well, I thought I had seen it all. Ran across a police target training website on another forum and WOW....

I can't post any of the training targets here on ATS as I believe it would be a violation of T&C, but I will post some of the descriptions:

NO MORE HESITATION - YOUNG MOTHER ON PLAYGROUND-NMH-5 Non-traditional threat depicting a hostile young mother surrounded by children on a playground. Background is faded further highlighting the threat. Full Color realistic target.

NO MORE HESITATION - LITTLE BOY WITH REAL GUN NMH-7 Non-traditional threat depicting a very young boy holding a real gun. Designed to prepare officers for the worst possible situation. Background is faded further highlighting

NO MORE HESITATION - PREGNANT WOMAN THREAT NMH-1 NMH-1 Non-traditional threat depicting a hostile pregnant woman in a nursery

Here's a promo vid for the site, complete with Zombie targets too -

Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. is a designer and full service provider of training targets and supplies for military, government agencies, law enforcement, gun clubs and shooting enthusiasts. We carry a wide array of paper, cardboard, steel and plastic targets to enhance your training regardless of your specific range, program or budget requirements.

Click on the main site link, then, click Paper & Cardboard Targets > Scenario Targets > No More Hesitation

www.letargets.com...

I must say their grammar skills leave a lot to be desired, but WTH...

The Police State isn't coming....It's already here.

Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

Yes, Infowars got a hold of the story, Alex has been ranting about it for 2 days....

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Signals

Ha ha ha Reason magazine and Infowars has picked this up and it has gone viral and crashed the site. I posted it to dailypaul too. They have taken down all but one of the pictures but infowars got a screen shot of the page. Reason got a response from the company who says the have billions in contracts with the feds too...

Love it shinning the light on scum...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Originally posted by Bakatono
Says the guy who creates straw man arguments and who has never had a gun pointed at him.

How many of us here have had a gun pulled on them?
As a matter of fact the basic premise of this site is making hypothetical arguments because so many of these events we have no direct access to.

So please tell me on all knowing person..what would you do if a pregnant teen or a kid was holding a gun to your wife\husband\kids head and you had a chance to stop it?

I have had them pointed at me.

So, again you create a straw man argument. You are intentionally creating a situation which is not only highly unlikely but also one designed to attempt to elicit a specific response. If I were to respond to your fallacious scenario in a manner in which would indicate I would kill the teen or kid then you would label me a hypocrite. If I were to say that I would not kill the teen or kid then you will label me some sort of horrible human being who doesn't even care about his own wife and child.

Additionally, your statement that there is a "chance to stop it" is also fallacious. This is because if this hypothetical pregnant teen or kid were already holding a gun to my wife or child's head it is absolutely too late to stop it. This situation is already at a horrible impasse.

However, if I were to happen to be the extremely unfortunate person upon which this scenario played out I would probably handle it like this.

After admonishing myself extensively for being so stupid as to land myself in this situation which could only happen to one in a billion people; I would attempt to assuage the assailant's fears and get them to let my wife/child go. I would offer myself in their place; I would offer money; I would offer anything. If I were to draw my weapon at this point it would only serve to exacerbate the situation which would only end poorly for most of the participants. I, as the husband or father, would do everything I could to calm the situation down and give my own life if necessary in order to prevent the death of my wife or child. If the worst possible outcome were to happen then I can only hope there is a heaven because the odds of me drawing my weapon fast enough to stop what was going on once it is going on is slim to none. The only people who can do stuff like that are Clint Eastwood and the Arnold--in the movies of course.

It would be more likely that I would be held up by some sort of thief or burglar than a pregnant teen or kid. Much much more likely. I would imagine orders of magnitude more likely.

In any situation, if it gets to the point were someone is being held with a gun to their head, you are already pretty much out of options.

BTW: when I as an LEO and and was in sticky situations I didn't go blazing away like cops do these days. This situation should never have happened. These complete idiots should all be thrown in jail. There is absolutely no way they followed the rules regarding escalation of deadly force. No way at all. That and you never fire with a backfield full of bystanders. Never. Ever. Period. You will always, as in this case, do more harm than good.

I am going to make a sweeping generality statement and say that cops these days are a bunch of idiots and pussies. They either think shooting people is cool or they are too afraid to do their job and so they shoot people. Or their dogs, or whatever they want to shoot these days. They should all be working construction or something where they can pound nails and lift heavy things while telling stories about how tough they are.

Shooting people is not tough or right. Shooting is a failure to resolve the situation by other means. There are some cases where it is inevitable or even necessary. But there are very few of those.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by Creep Thumper

Originally posted by FortAnthem

These are exactly the type of situations in which a LEO should hesitate before firing. I don't think any cop wants a dead child or pregnant woman on their conscience. Any cop who doesn't hesitate in this type of situation should be canned IMHO.

What happens when they gun down a kid only to find out it was a realistic toy they were holding?

I'd like to put you in that situation and watch you hesitate. And die.

There is something extremely unsettling about a cop being trained not to hesitate.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

It is also creepy that there are people that would like to see it. That they advocate for such a situation and they applaud the death of someone who is unable to kill a child.

Wow.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

not long after that a thread popped up indicating DHS provided $2million to the project/company

company behind targets get $2 million from DHS

Let's see. Photorealistic targets of pregnant women, old men, and children. Check.

Over one billion round of ammunition Check.

Seems fishy to me.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Remember what our leaders said, folks... America IS the battlefield! Their words not mine.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am sure there are people arguing in this thread because there always are. Anywhere there can be a technical argument someone will make it because those people exist the don't understand that just because an argument can be made they should make it. They probably think they are clever and the first to think of it, when in reality everyone else has considered the argument and then passed it over with common sense.

That said, regardless of you what you think, wouldn't you feel pretty weird shooting at the kid target? It's like a 5 year old holding a gun improperly with both hands out front like he would hold a frog. I would think most people would be like.. this feels too weird to shoot at. In theory of the target, sure argue all you want, but in reality it would have to be weird.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

I do believe it's closer to 2 billion rounds now.
Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I believe it is now over 2 Bil rounds, with even SSA getting in on the ordering of some 2 mil. I think? I man come on, do they really need that many for the 1-2 armed guards they have on dury at the SSA offices? I stand by my original premise that if these were just targets that meant to be shot at, even if they were untraditional targets they should at least look menacing. If you look at them most of the targets are not portrayed as being threats, some have smiles on thier faces or looks of being scared rather than looks of being a threatening menace (snarls, screaming, or looks of anger).

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I have had them pointed at me.

So, again you create a straw man argument. You are intentionally creating a situation which is not only highly unlikely but also one designed to attempt to elicit a specific response. If I were to respond to your fallacious scenario in a manner in which would indicate I would kill the teen or kid then you would label me a hypocrite. If I were to say that I would not kill the teen or kid then you will label me some sort of horrible human being who doesn't even care about his own wife and child.

Additionally, your statement that there is a "chance to stop it" is also fallacious. This is because if this hypothetical pregnant teen or kid were already holding a gun to my wife or child's head it is absolutely too late to stop it. This situation is already at a horrible impasse.

However, if I were to happen to be the extremely unfortunate person upon which this scenario played out I would probably handle it like this.

After admonishing myself extensively for being so stupid as to land myself in this situation which could only happen to one in a billion people; I would attempt to assuage the assailant's fears and get them to let my wife/child go. I would offer myself in their place; I would offer money; I would offer anything. If I were to draw my weapon at this point it would only serve to exacerbate the situation which would only end poorly for most of the participants. I, as the husband or father, would do everything I could to calm the situation down and give my own life if necessary in order to prevent the death of my wife or child. If the worst possible outcome were to happen then I can only hope there is a heaven because the odds of me drawing my weapon fast enough to stop what was going on once it is going on is slim to none. The only people who can do stuff like that are Clint Eastwood and the Arnold--in the movies of course.

It would be more likely that I would be held up by some sort of thief or burglar than a pregnant teen or kid. Much much more likely. I would imagine orders of magnitude more likely.

In any situation, if it gets to the point were someone is being held with a gun to their head, you are already pretty much out of options.

BTW: when I as an LEO and and was in sticky situations I didn't go blazing away like cops do these days. This situation should never have happened. These complete idiots should all be thrown in jail. There is absolutely no way they followed the rules regarding escalation of deadly force. No way at all. That and you never fire with a backfield full of bystanders. Never. Ever. Period. You will always, as in this case, do more harm than good.

I am going to make a sweeping generality statement and say that cops these days are a bunch of idiots and pussies. They either think shooting people is cool or they are too afraid to do their job and so they shoot people. Or their dogs, or whatever they want to shoot these days. They should all be working construction or something where they can pound nails and lift heavy things while telling stories about how tough they are.

Shooting people is not tough or right. Shooting is a failure to resolve the situation by other means. There are some cases where it is inevitable or even necessary. But there are very few of those.

So to sum that up... you don't like cops..
edit on 21-2-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Being the fact that he was a police officer and a former soldier does that not say something meaningful?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join