It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rangel Once Again Calls For Draft.....Now Includes Women.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I did every search imaginable and came up with nothing so SIAP.

www.klfy.com...

Posted: Feb 15, 2013 5:58 PM CST In an interview Friday morning Democratic U.S. Representative Charles Rangel said he is planning to introduce legislation that would bring back a draft and include women. Just last month the Department of Defense overturned a rule from the 1990's barring women from combat roles. Rangel wants to take it a step further and says now it's time for every American, man and woman, to share the responsibility of war.

edit on 18-2-2013 by MadhatterTheGreat because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Feb 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit: Rangel, not Hagel in title

edit on Tue Feb 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

Broken link. Also, Charlie Rangle is not Chuck Hagel.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There's no reason to call up a Draft at the moment. We are winding down in Afghanistan, we're mostly out of Iraq and the US military is over capacity on recruits. But yes if there's ever a draft again I imagine women will be included.

I'd call you out on Hagel but someone beat me to it lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What war do they want to draft us into? All I see is a bunch of fights over resources and political ideals. Not a single war is being fought over our freedom or our right to live. Who are they to take away our right to live peacefully? Every single soldier in active duty chose to fight. If we choose not to fight, that should be our right.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Take your pick

The war on the rich
The war on corporations
The war on guns
The war on global warming

True since the war on terror is "over" a new one is on the horizon.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

Broken link. Also, Charlie Rangle is not Chuck Hagel.

Humm, or is he?

Anyone have a definitive photo of the two of them in the same place at the same time?

Conspiracy - this is ATS after all?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Do you not see the drums of war beating hard in the Asia rim?
Do you not hear the cry's of war from the DPRK?
DC does, South Korea does, so do I for little Un is shouting it from the roof tops as i type this. Yes the war in South Korea is about to go hot, I would say by the first of summer if not sooner, FYI save up for NBC suit An NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) suit. and lost of sun screen.
Little Un just got spanked by the UN and he is not going to be Happy.

EU slaps tougher sanctions against N. Korea nuke test
BRUSSELS, Feb. 18 (Yonhap) -- The European Union governments agreed on Monday to tighten sanctions against North Korea for its recent nuclear test, diplomats in Brussels said.

Despite repeated international warnings, North Korea conducted its third nuclear test by detonating what it called a miniaturized atomic device on Feb. 12, drawing a chorus of worldwide condemnations and prompting the international community to begin devising sterner punishments against it. The North also conducted nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009.
got that from this link english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I`ll say the same thing here that I said in a thread that was made when they announced that they were lifting the ban on women in combat:
They must be planning on starting a really big war if they need to let women into combat and now they want draft women into combat, yep they are planning to start a REALLY big war.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If Korea, any part of it, decides to put on its boxing gloves, not a single one of us has to step outside these borders to break Korea's back and put it to sleep for the next fifty years. Hiroshima can happen again. Nagasaki can happen again. And if it needs to, Korea can happen too.

If we choose not to fight, I see no reason we should have to. If we don't learn now, we never will. What use is being free if the government can spend our lives, choose our deaths as it sees fit? I don't want to be part of a nation that thinks it can choose my fate for me. If I die in war, I will have betrayed myself. This is my firm conviction.
edit on 18-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yes there is and you better take some language lessons here is what you need to know www.mapsofworld.com...

The North Korea language is referred as "Cultured Language"or locally called munhwa, which uses the regional dialect of P'yongyang as its proper standard.

The "Standard Language"of North Korea is (p'yojuno) which is based on the Seoul dialect. North Korean citizens describe Standard Language as "coquettish" and "decadent,". Abundance of English and Japanese loanwords are found in this language. There were two documents published "instructions," by Kim Il Sung, "Some Problems Related to the Development of the Korean Language," promulgated in 1964, and "On the Development of the National Language: Conversations with Linguists," published in 1966 which define basic policy concerning Cultured Language.
it would be wise to learn some South Korean as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

would you still that way if say LA got a nuke or Hawaii did? I do not think we would use nuke for nuke. I think it would be a B2 or a Toma hawk first then ground troops, facing 1mil DPRK regulars, just waiting to spill blood or so says DPRK. Then there might be China just like the first time, only more of them.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I do think things will heat up in the Pacific with the massive trade agreement.
But again, I don't see a need for a Draft when we have waiting lists for boot camp.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's just more political smoke and mirrors and DRAMA. The military isn't gonna want it, no sir, not one little bit. They would much rather you cut they're funding and get a smaller, better trained, better equipped force (Sound Familiar?) . And the whole Women in combat thing? My daughter spend a great deal of time at a little place called 'Bagram'. She's told me all about it, and I believe it would qualify as 'combat'. Our citizen soldiers ALWAYS step up when they are called, regardless of the lack of clarity of mission, or piss poor leadership, they ALWAYS step up. So I don't understand why anyone would think a draft is good idea. For any reason. And Women in combat, all I can say, it's they're constitution too, it's they're country too, and they're pretty much face it every day anyway. And they step up. They always will.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

would you still that way if say LA got a nuke or Hawaii did? I do not think we would use nuke for nuke. I think it would be a B2 or a Toma hawk first then ground troops, facing 1mil DPRK regulars, just waiting to spill blood or so says DPRK. Then there might be China just like the first time, only more of them.

If a nation cannot peacefully coexist with the rest of the world, then either isolate it or destroy it. What else do you do with a savage animal? You lock it up or you put it down. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't like violence. But there comes a point when you have to put your foot down and deliver an ultimatum - behave, or face the consequences.

Regardless, I don't feel we should be forced to fight. To force Americans to fight a war they want no part in is to violate our most sacred rights. We have the right to choose our destiny. The government should never, ever take that away from us.
edit on 18-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

It's all so clear to me now!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
LOL. Sorry about the thread title, I was reading up on Hagel as I was posting the thread. Link should be fixed.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I can see a draft, if one is ever instated, as being used as a path to citizenship for 11 million undocumented workers. You want citizenship? Great! Go fight for the country you want to live in. If and when you come home, you get your citizenship. Refuse, and go back to your home country. Don't underestimate the government, and always read between the lines.

Right now, if a draft were to be instated, they, among our youngest men, and perhaps women, would be the first enlisted, to be used as cannon fodder, so to speak, on the front lines.

Some would laud it as a savings, automatic reduction in spending on welfare, food stamps, and other government programs. Mark my words that it will come out, eventually.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

yes it is your right to chose,that is what freedom is all about, sadly in order to have that right, and to keep that right, some must pay the ultimate price. It is to bad we can not, with just one push of a button , eliminate them that would make the ones pay that price, this is why we have the armed forces, and not just nuke forces. There are county's that would use nukes too settle the score, DPRK is one, or acts like one.

edit on 18-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Great. And here I was, so content because my only son has autism - can't draft that you political jerks, and my other child is a girl. Now I have to worry about the idiots in DC starting something new in 6 yrs when she turns 18.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
There's no reason to call up a Draft at the moment. We are winding down in Afghanistan, we're mostly out of Iraq and the US military is over capacity on recruits. But yes if there's ever a draft again I imagine women will be included.

I'd call you out on Hagel but someone beat me to it lol.

I agree with the overall sentiment here but the Selective Service is limited to males between the ages of 18 and 35 I believe. No woman would ever be subjected to a draft under current law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join