It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Plants" in internet forums

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Did you know you can be a plant and not even know it?

Fun Friday facts for you

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This very thing is done every day by companies. It happens even on my website. They do regular searches to look for bad comments about their products. Some companies send a rep. that identifies themselves, but other companies are less honest. In fact there are businesses that can do both the monitoring and replies for busier companies. So why not for particular causes also? I can certainly see this happening, no conspiracy needed. So what does this mean? At the very least, companies such as Monsanto are definately here. Count on it.

edit on 6-4-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

Are there plants.........YES. Look back at the health care debate and all the new posters pushing the great new plan.
And not flash forward to the gun debate and guess what new posters pushing the great new plans.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by ThinkingHuman

Signs of a Bot/shill/sockpuppets

-Usually multiple aliases from same ip.

Or at least I suspect they're from the same ip, because they disagree with me.

-Gangs of aliases that parrot the same narrative(fake consensus,delphi technique) and follow each other around

More than one person disagrees with me, and they agree with each other

-fake debates with aliases to lure people in.
-strawman with aliases.

More than one person discussing something, neither one of which agrees with me

-Non-US ip's that smear people from a rival country of that ip.

People being chauvinistic don't agree with me

-Hackers that spoof your traffic/computer and talk too much about what they know

I am paranoid about people who don't agree with me

-Coercive "debate" that breaks down into character attacks and labeling.

I don't like contradicting facts from people who don't agree with me

-Ignore. type stock response. Repeat.(sockpuppet)

People keep telling me the same thing when they try to explain why they don't agree with me

-Always in a certain themed message boards(911 boards)

I don't like people being interested in the same things I am, and not agreeing with me. I want them to go away to another forum.

-Stays logged in all day

I don't like people who keep ATS open in another tab and look at it occasionally, so that they can easily not agree with me

-Shows up only when someone posts about a certain term/subject.

I can't believe that someone is familiar with a subject and enjoys posting there and not agreeing with me

-Bumping/starring threads from other aliases(more fake consensus).

I really don't like people approving other people who don't agree with me

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

While I'm open to the possibility of aliens I find the mass acceptance of the ET hypothesis to be the worst thing that ever happened to ufology. Through the work of people like Jacques Vallee and John Keel we can see that the phenomenon is much more complicated than what supporters of the ET hypothesis would have us believe.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
Can you spot the moles? I've outed a few so far.

In other words - lets start a witchhunt for members who do not conform to your beliefs.
That is a terrible thing to say and to encourage witchhunts is a disgrace.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Nibiru

Since Nibiru never appeared when it was supposed to, I guess that makes those that posted/still post about it are the ones spreading disinformation, right?

Meteors increasing

I find it odd that you never really posted about meteors very much and then all of a sudden, a myriad of threads after the Russian fireball occurred...

Could it be that more and more people are taking notice of them each year?

It seems that you are just another one of those that has only just started to take notice of meteors.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Nibiru

Since Nibiru never appeared when it was supposed to, I guess that makes those that posted/still post about it are the ones spreading disinformation, right?

Meteors increasing

I find it odd that you never really posted about meteors very much and then all of a sudden, a myriad of threads after the Russian fireball occurred...

Could it be that more and more people are taking notice of them each year?

It seems that you are just another one of those that has only just started to take notice of meteors.

Yes, more people could be noticing meteors, OR maybe people are shocked at never having seen a daytime fireball before, and these reports are on the rise because there ARE more daytime fireballs. Please prove me wrong and provide links or data from 10, 20 or 30 years ago when there were as many daytime fireball REPORTS as there are now, and by REPORT I mean someone could have used the phone, and it would not have been necessary to have an iphone, youtube or the internet.

I mean hey, thousands of people have managed to report UFO's since the 1950's, without the aid of iphones, youtube or the internet, and usually, given the nature of a daytime fireball which streaks across the sky for hundreds of miles and is usually seen on the ground by people in a five hundred or even 1000 mile radius sometimes, as opposed to a UFO which is often seen by only a few or even one person, the argument that more people are reporting daytime fireballs now falls flat when compared with the situation over the last few decades for UFO reporting.

Many have hypothesized that Nibiru/Planet X is the reason for the increase in daytime fireballs and sungrazing comets. Do you have an alternate theory, if daytime fireballs are on the increase, and if you cannot prove that they are not, while there is ample evidence that they are?

edit on 7-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Back to the topic at hand, here is more evidence of a professional disinfo agent outed on another conspiriacy website, and some of the issues the disinfo agents must address:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are on ATS. The only question is which members are they and how many are there. I'm pretty sure I have identified many, message me if you are curious to who they may be. I won't state the names here in accordance with the T&C, but they deserve to be outed for their traitorous behviour to their fellow man. Karma will catch up with them anyways.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Back to the topic at hand, here is more evidence of a professional disinfo agent outed on another conspiriacy website, and some of the issues the disinfo agents must address:

They are on ATS. The only question is which members are they and how many are there. I'm pretty sure I have identified many, message me if you are curious to who they may be. I won't state the names here in accordance with the T&C, but they deserve to be outed for their traitorous behviour to their fellow man. Karma will catch up with them anyways.

This topic seems to attract a few of them.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Many gathering information on many levels for many different reasons, Thanks for the internet

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I found one! Pics, as it did happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I used to be a couch potato about seven years ago, Now I have sprouted into a huge potato plant. I think there are a lot of potato plants on ATS

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

They have spent weeks uploading the entire YouTube database to that thread since that incident to a degree that it crashes people's browsers, which throws out any notion of hoax/troll... Really an idiotic sequence of events on their part.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

The problem is that you think anyone that doesn't agree with you is a "plant" or a "shill" or whatever, instead of the basic, which is some of us (myself included) just don't agree with you and think that you're off the wall..
so threatening to "Out people for their treasonous behavior" is just one more way of attacking someone who doesn't agree with your position.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by guanyu
It's not about being noticed, it's about derailing conversation about the OP.

This is another claim about alleged "shills" that makes no sense to me.

If the point is to silence a point of view the logical thing to do is to NOT post and let the thread slide off the front page and into obscurity. Most of the time those with opposing points of view wind up bumping and extending participation in a thread.

The best thing to do in this instance is thank them for their participation in your thread, restate that you think you are on the right side of the debate and thank them for continuing to bump up your thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

The problem is that you think anyone that doesn't agree with you is a "plant" or a "shill" or whatever, instead of the basic, which is some of us (myself included) just don't agree with you and think that you're off the wall..
so threatening to "Out people for their treasonous behavior" is just one more way of attacking someone who doesn't agree with your position.

Hi Vkey, nice to see you!

I actually relish intelligent discourse, thought provoking opinions, and well-thought-out opposing viewpoints. It would be the height of folly to come on to ATS and not expect contrary viewpoints.

However, I get suspicious when I see the hallmarks of disinfo agents; such as personal attacks, attempts to discredit, attempts at ego diminishment, attempts at emotional engagement, attempts to derail or distract a thread and other typical disinfo tactics as outlined in this great thread:

and when one sees such techniques and negative language, one has only two choices, the poster IS a disinfo agent, or they are just cranky, immature and ruled by their own ego. But how many cranky negative people are there?

After this thread below and much other evidence, we know the shadow government exists:

And this would be an obvious place to nip conspiracies in the bud, so without a doubt disinfo agents are on ATS, like I said it is just a matter of who they are, and how many are there.

edit on 8-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Funny this thread should crop-up now ... I was sent a pm from another ATS member a couple of days ago giving me the heads-up that I was 'infamous' and didn't even know it.

Apparently someone had started a thread on 'the site that shall not be named' asking if anyone their had (quote)ever heard or come across the character by the name of woodwytch on ATS(end quote) ... they went under the pseudonym of Anonymous Coward and described their encounter with me as (quote)a very 'shilling' experience(end quote).

I thought it was hilarious and being the helpful person I am replied by introducing myself as 'the character known as woodwytch' and offered to provide them with whatever information I could to help them out ... not surprisingly (at least at time of writing this) there has been no reply from the querent

I have to admit I am curious because I can't begin to imagine what I might have written on here that would prompt anyone to believe I was a plant / shill etc. but it was quite nice to think someone out their thought that my scribblings where important enough to question. lmao

Woody

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
I have to admit I am curious because I can't begin to imagine what I might have written on here that would prompt anyone to believe I was a plant / shill etc. but it was quite nice to think someone out their thought that my scribblings where important enough to question. lmao

Woody

Well, it was likely a well-crafted rebuttal to some sort of near-lunacy. That generally will earn you the shill award - it's easier than the other guy giving up his position or defending it adequately.

Not agreeing with someone on ATS often provokes this reaction:

SHIIIILLLL!! SHILL! SSSSHHHIIIILLLLL!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It gets even more fun. There is one particular person who likes to come around every so often and engage me in conversations the basis of which are "Why won't you admit you work for the NSA?"

To which I reply, time and time again, "Because I don't???"

When I point out that I am not one of the types who really hides their online footprint and that it is woefully easy to extrapolate about every detail of my life with that cryptic tool we call the "Google" - the reply is "That is quite the well flushed out straw-man identity you've created for yourself. More depth there than most real people..."

Then I twitch for a few minutes and die a little inside.

edit on 4/8/13 by Hefficide because: Good God... I can even confuse myself. Maybe I'm being a little critical after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join