It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for members about your dreams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

Can you explain what you mean in a little more detail? Who is "they," and why would they want to do this? Also, how would doing so cause people to not catch on to their plans? I starred your post because I thought it was interesting and thought provoking, but I noticed no one else responded.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I don't believe that the details matter.I believe that your sub-conscience mind will fill them in for you, that is what empaths do. The experience doesn't have to be the same, it is the emotional experience derived from an event that connects us when we are empathizing. Those details can be filled in from any variety of sources, recent or past, conscious or sub-conscious.

There is a ton of information that enters our brain on a daily basis, most of which we are not even aware of getting there.

From personal experience I have learned just how much we see and hear without knowing it.

Several years ago it was discovered that I had a tumor called a cholesteatoma. This tumor had invaded my mastoid (which is a spongy area of the skull that plays a huge role in your hearing) and had also "absorbed" two of the three bones in my ear that are the primary mechanism by which sound is transferred. After having the tumor removed, and the two bones replaced I could hear out of the affected ear again. I had not heard well from that ear for over 10 years.

I bring this up because For 10 years I did not have to filter out all of the "white noise" that bombards us on a daily basis, and had, for all intents and purposes, forgotten how to. Once my hearing in that ear was restored, I "heard" things that I was not used to, and there was a lot of "noise" that I had to learn to filter out. Even "dead silence" was noisy Filtering out all these things wasn't easy, and a difficult experience, and took quite a long time just for the basics. It's been 3 years now and I am still "learning".

From this experience I learned that just because we mentally filter it out, doesn't mean that we don't hear it, we just ignore it, and our conscious mind isn't aware of it. I can't say that our sub-conscious mind is, but my experience leads me to believe that it may well be, and is possibly how details that we aren't aware of may be filled in during our dreaming.

Specifically for me, I believe that this experience has raised my understanding of what we actually do "hear" and how much we filter out. For a long time I had to rely on body language, facial expressions,concentrating on someone's face when they were speaking etc to fill in the details of things that I was "missing" when my hearing wasn't "normal", These practices gave me valuable clues, became part of how I communicated with people, and very few know how bad my hearing actually was. When my hearing was restored, these practices didn't end, but were combined with the sound I couldn't previously hear.It has made me very aware of how much information we are bombarded with without ever realizing it. I believe that somehow we have to "deal with" these details and that they manifest in our dreams.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I used to have dreams that I could control through thought, but have recently (for the last few years) been having either observational dreams where I was observing the story without participating in it (one could rationalize watching too much TV creates this perception) or where I'm a completely different person, with different an entirely new set of memories, and know people I've never met in my "real" life. As the dreams progress, my ego, or real self and memories start bleeding in and the dreams usually end shortly after. I can't however recover those memories from the dream self or remember the faces. I think the format of the dream can be just as important as the content.

<< 1   >>

join