It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colo. House passes gun-control measures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am disgusted I live in Colorado. Hey if anyone would like to tell my House district representative how wrong this is, here is his FB page..

www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'm still confused as to exactly what it was I did to earn the ire of so many politicians and government machinery.

States and the nation move to assault me for not bothering anyone and minding my own business. Why?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by byGRACE

Well to be fair, none of that happened when the last assault weapon ban was passed.

Why do you think it will now?

Well, to continue to be fair, the last AWB did NOTHING to reduce homicide by firearm, reduce violent crime or stop criminals from obtaining "Illegal" firearms. In fact, Columbine happened right in the middle of the last AWB.

Why do you think it will suddenly work now?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
All i gotta say is move down to Texas!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is great... I'm loving Colorado more and more.

First they Legalise Marijuana... and now this!!

Most sane, decent folks in the US at present, I hope more follow suit.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Personally I dont like this limits on guns or mags, but to me in reality the COLO ban is not a big deal for 95% of shooters and it definately wont stop or slow down another lone nut..

Those that it affects are the people that go and rip off hundreds of rounds of ammo in high capacity mags.
To each their own, but its not my thing.

Still the stupidity of a move like this or the NY ban is although it will appease the heartfelt feelings of a few little old ladies and the left-tard liberals in the state congress it will do NOTHING to make Colorado safer from a psychopath with a gun. Honestly I dont think any of these people realize how they are being MANIPULATED,

Columbine - was done under the AWB with a 5 round shotgun and a 10 round pistol.
A high capacity mag ban did not help there.

Aurora - well they dont want you to know the truth, but his AR jammed just after a few shots and he carried with pistols. You can drop a mag and chamber in about a second.
AWB would not have helped there.

Sandy Hook - Multiple shooters IMO and Lanza was a patsy that just showed up.
What do you do with 2-3 shooters with 2 guns each, multiple mags, even multiple 7 round mags.
No ban will help there. Total gun ban people will still buy them on the streets.

Viginia Tech - Lone-nut shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks, used a Glock 19 (15 round) Walther P22 (10 rounds)
Mag ban would not have helped there.

15 round mag max ?? That would not save anybody.
Tape 2 together and you have a 30.
Carry 4 pistols with taped mags and you have 120.

Stupidity abounds at the highest levels in the USA these days and it just blows me away that one event can
instill such BS laws and nationwide feeling of GUILT "we have to do something" . I cant even begin to describe how truly retarded this scenario is.

It is a 100% GUILT driven GAME praying on the weak minded and gullible.

They just need to leave every bodies # alone, and do more extensive background checks and weed out the psychos on antidepressants.

Actually this has nothing to do with actual safety, and everything to do with CONTROL just like all the other BS TPTB have been doing for years.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Doctors mistakes kill more people in Colorado than all other forms of murder combined.

Their Legislature should be dealing with the real cause of death in Colorado. America's Medical mafia.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yep I forgot about that...he he we are all big bad terrorists.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Its kinda Funny how all the Gun Lovers are Mortified by the Bill Passing.

But a Company attempting to BLACKMAIL the Government of Colorado, thats Ok.

You guys are a Joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's hard to stomach the ignorance that is plaguing this nation. In my opinion, all the sheeple out there who actually believe that these types of stupid gun restrictions will stop violent crimes are just as mentally FU@KED in the head as the ones who go out and murder innocent people.

The biggest problem this country is currently facing is the fact that we like to ignore the HARD TRUTH. The hard truth is that the people who commit atrocious murders with guns have been robbed of GOOD mental health care. This is ignored by the government because they are controlled by the people who create policy, as in RICH, BIG corporations, like pharmaceutical companies. Pharmaceutical companies make a killing pumping patients full of medications that don't actually TREAT jack SH@T, there is no $$$ in curing. Shrinks are all about pumping their patients with meds because it makes their jobs easier and they get kickbacks.

Does the war on drugs in this country work? NOPE. Why, please I would LOVE to hear a logical answer, would a war on guns work? This once great nation is turning into a nation of cattle that graze on the stupidity that is spewing out of the mouths of our career politicians. Its FU$KING disgusting and embarrassing. All of our forefathers are spinning in their graves.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Are you referring to Magpul?

Where's the blackmail? The bill is bad for their business. Why shouldnt they relocate?

When # gets bad relocate. I've left more than one state behind personally when their state governments enacted laws contrary to my beliefs.

Frankly, I dont understand why so many firearms related companies stay in states like MA, NY, NJ or CT. They obviously arent wanted.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've been tossing this around the site and this will be the last stop.

From a police officer in Aus.

Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts.... From: Ed Chenel, A police officer in Australia Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria..... lone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.(Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!) While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins andassaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in 'successfully ridding Australian society of guns....' You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note Americans, before it's too late! Will you be one of the sheep to turn yours in? WHY? You will need it. Like · · Share 306 people like this. 413 shares 5 of 57 View previous comments Zavier Wayne Busby JACKPOT....I whant that,that,and everything else in that pile of goods about an hour ago · Like Tag Tweet rense.com... From Ed Chenel, A police officer In Australia Note - This Data Has Not Been Formally Substantiated 1-20-12 Australian Gun Law Update rense.com about an hour ago ·

Like Tag Tweet Can Ya'll Read? about an hour ago · Like Dan Goodman Not while my trigger finger still works. 26 minutes ago · Like Jagged Rose What a waste of good weapons and what a shame,.....think of all the people who can't defend themselves against the scum out there and their own tyrannical government. 8 minutes ago · Like

edit on 19-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

IT'S THE OLD BAIT AND SWITcH.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I suspect that the legalization of Marijuana and these gun control measures were to go hand-in-hand from the start.

It will equal a large influx of black market power and money, which will then be used further down the line to show how the former (legalization) is fallacious and raises the crime rate. At that point, it will be made illegal once again, and most likely, never looked at again from a governing capacity.

Pretty clever play, even if it is manipulative and unconstitutional.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Its kinda Funny how all the Gun Lovers are Mortified by the Bill Passing.

But a Company attempting to BLACKMAIL the Government of Colorado, thats Ok.

You guys are a Joke.

Blackmail is forcing another to do something in exchange for not harming them in some fashion.

What this company said was "if you remove the constitutional right of the citizens of CO, will we leave this state and seek one that will not make that choice."

That is not blackmail, it is stating that if they change something forbidden to be changed, they will loose out on the state revenue that corporation provides. Your logic indicates if a wife says to her husband "if you cheat on me, I am leaving you" than that statement is "blackmail".

Your logic is a joke.

God Bless,
edit on 19-2-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by byGRACE

Well to be fair, none of that happened when the last assault weapon ban was passed.

Why do you think it will now?

In fact all of it happened.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Blackmail is forcing another to do something in exchange for not harming them in some fashion.
Not Quite there Buttercup.

Blackmail is the "threat" of harming someone in some Fashion.

ie: If you pass this Act, your State will lose these jobs.

Blackmail.

But hey , the gun lovers are willing to let anything slide, if it furthers their Agenda.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The old bait and switch and slow erosion pull out every trick in the book to get this crap done. The States will pretend to go against the feds and stab us in the back, cause tyranny is on the agenda and what ever Obama says the opposite is true. And you can bet they're coming for our guns. So we can be oft.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Day by day, I see more support for this illegal trash being spread throughout the country. And I just hope that at least half of the American public won't stand for this. I don't know what to think anymore. I guess people just don't care about having their liberties taken away anymore. They don't have the time for it. We live in such a disconnected country. Hardly anybody cares about politics, they think it's not fun or cool to think about important things happening in the world, or how certain decisions can effect their lives.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nostrashawnus

These politicians know what they are doing they are not ignorant of the fact that this will do nothing to stop violence. They simply don't care and have sold the people out for personal and political gain in thinking they will have a place of prominence in the growing tyranny engulfing the US.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Background checks is a HUGE PLUS. Smaller mag sizes don't matter if your good at cycling, so that's really a stupid law but if it appeases the issue whatever. Over react much? Nothing really passed at all, but hey I live in MASS not bumpkin county.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join