It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Chief: Second Amendment Is A Danger To Public Safety

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The second Amendment limits the people to smooth bore muskets

We ought limit him and his posse to horses and buggies and take away all of their modern toys.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
They should be calling for Chief of Police to be fired for making a statement like that. He took an oath and has failed to do his job. The general public will continue to be sheep until its too late.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
No wonder this guy's city is a bloody war zone. He's a complete @$&#ing idiot. Luckily, nobody cares what he thinks. Yeah it's the law abiding citizens that are slaughtering each other daily. Keep talking buddy. You're representing your anti-gun contingency perfectly. No clue whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

GOOD grab, Neo. Bumped as usual. MYyyy kind of FROWN, LOL.
Sorry Big you know I had ta do it.
In the first place I didn't know Chief Garry could construct sentences that long...
forget sense. I'm about 35 mi straight west of Wrigley Field, and have been trying
to get out for 20 + years. By now a stationary orbit somewhere close to the
OPPOSITE of the center of gravity between Peoria, Madison WI and Gary IN
would let me take one breath of relieved air. Call me crazy or preferably Bowman.
If you had time to hear the circumstances over the 20 years, you'd know 'they'
like trapped prisoners and walking corpses with voting cards here, nothing else.
Unfortunately there may still be a couple of synapses to rub together at the end
of the day from what's coming out of the tap... but it's getting pretty stinky, Stimp.
Keep your powder and filters dry...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by neo96

This guy is trolling us, right? (Not the OP, the subject of the OP). I mean, this reads like the Onion. You cannot define muskets and GPS from the same amendment and not have been lobotomized, or else just trolling.

I have no doubt what so ever that a certain group had there way there would be no 2nd amendment all anyone has to do is look at that past legislation-1934,1968,1986,1994,2013 to "gun free zones".

Quite a large group of people think guns should only be in the hands of the police and military everyone else is just too "dangerous".
S&F Neo, and that large group that you speak of are the ones that are dangerous. I come from a military family, for those that don't know, from WW2, Viet Nam, to the present day. Everyone has the the RIGHT to defend themselves and their families. The gov can't give you that inherent right, contrary to popular belief and rumor. And people need to quit begging for what's theirs in the first place.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If the 2nd ammendment is a danger to public safety then trying to take it away will most definately be a danger to politicians' safety.

Which is he more concerned about?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
And another thing, fv@k the chief! He can't even control his ''murder capital of the country'' city! And with the toughest gun laws besides NY to boot!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
And another thing, fv@k the chief! He can't even control his ''murder capital of the country'' city! And with the toughest gun laws besides NY to boot!

Mayor Rahm Emanuel appointed Garry F. McCarthy..... he certainly want voted in by anyone. This is hand picked lunacy by the head Lunatic in Chicago.

I now live in So Il, the slime from Chicago somehow oozes its way all the way down here as well.

Garry McCarthy
Superintendent of Police Department (Chicago, Illinois)

Booze, guns and abuse of authority - January 13, 2013
"Gary McCarthy was found “guilty” in March 2006 over an traffic altercation he had in 2005 with two New Jersey police officers. A traffic court judge ruled that Gary McCarthy had blocked vehicular traffic with his police-issued car while he and his wife confronted two plainclothes members of the Palisades Interstate Police at a gas station along the Palisades Interstate Parkway."
gunssavelife.com...

Newark investigated as McCarthy heads to Chicago - May 9, 2011
"As Chicago prepares to welcome its new police superintendent, Newark Police Department Director Garry McCarthy, federal authorities have launched an investigation into the New Jersey department--months after the American Civil Liberties Union complained of rampant misconduct and lax internal oversight."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Mayor Rahm Emanuel appointed Garry F. McCarthy..... he certainly want voted in by anyone. This is hand picked lunacy by the head Lunatic in Chicago.

I now live in So Il, the slime from Chicago somehow oozes its way all the way down here as well.

Garry McCarthy
Superintendent of Police Department (Chicago, Illinois)

Booze, guns and abuse of authority - January 13, 2013
"Gary McCarthy was found “guilty” in March 2006 over an traffic altercation he had in 2005 with two New Jersey police officers. A traffic court judge ruled that Gary McCarthy had blocked vehicular traffic with his police-issued car while he and his wife confronted two plainclothes members of the Palisades Interstate Police at a gas station along the Palisades Interstate Parkway."
gunssavelife.com...

Newark investigated as McCarthy heads to Chicago - May 9, 2011
"As Chicago prepares to welcome its new police superintendent, Newark Police Department Director Garry McCarthy, federal authorities have launched an investigation into the New Jersey department--months after the American Civil Liberties Union complained of rampant misconduct and lax internal oversight."
www.huffingtonpost.com...
No disrespect or offense at all, but, your point is? They're ALL corrupt. I care not whom appoints whom they're ALL guilty. Not talking about Jersey here.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

I thought youd understand it... my mistake

Rahm appointed a guy ( the guy who made the comments which are in the OP of this thread) with a pretty lengthy history in Jersey where he was previously employed in LE. What he said and what has been done is really no big shock to us that live here. I was giving more info to those who dont live here, I guess that is frowned upon by some.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

His city has the toughest gun laws in the nation and his city is for the most part Thunderdome.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

No disrespect or offense at all, but, your point is? They're ALL corrupt. I care not whom appoints whom they're ALL guilty. Not talking about Jersey here.

No, no, where Rahm Emanuel is concerned, it goes way beyond corruption. He took over the most corrupt city in the US, with the longest history of unbroken corruption in the US, and he took the mayor's position in an absolutely corrupt election which required not one level of corruption (he wasn't even legally eligible to run as he wasn't a resident of Illinois... after he was ruled ineligible, he cherry picked a court to overturn that decision) but two levels of corruption (he then won the election purely thanks to teamster shenanigans, pay offs, and typical corrupt labor union horsecrap.) Among a field of corrupt chuckleheads, Emanuel stands high above them all as king of the filth.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I guess police chiefs don't have to swear an oath to defend and uphold the constitution?

Oh, who am I kidding; nobody who takes that oath takes it seriously...

I do and have taken it twice; once in the defense of this nation and once again (not sure why I had to restate it, I never rescinded my first oath) as a public servant. There are those within the system that take it serious.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by neo96

The second Amendment limits the people to smooth bore muskets

We ought limit him and his posse to horses and buggies and take away all of their modern toys.

And no one is allowed to freely express themselves via anything other than paper, pen, voice and a printing press; according this this gentleman's logic.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT
Its like that new navy recruiting commercial on TV. The soldiers repeat that their duty to uphold the and defend the constitution of the united states. And they say after that, "and to follow the orders of my superiors at all costs." Heh! You can't get any clearer than that.

I noticed that too! Kind of scary, that commercial deserves it's own thread.

I don't remember the "at all costs" part though, I'll pay more attention next time I see it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yes of course, Chicago does such a great job of keeping their citizens
safe, i mean lets just look at the numbers, the violent crime there should
be very low as they have strict gun control, also our nations capitol should
be safe and yet if you actually look at you know facts and truth its a complete
and total lie....... why don't we outlaw lighters, that way we will put a stop
to all smokeable illicit substances and cigarette smoking as well.....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

No, no, where Rahm Emanuel is concerned, it goes way beyond corruption. He took over the most corrupt city in the US, with the longest history of unbroken corruption in the US, and he took the mayor's position in an absolutely corrupt election which required not one level of corruption (he wasn't even legally eligible to run as he wasn't a resident of Illinois... after he was ruled ineligible, he cherry picked a court to overturn that decision) but two levels of corruption (he then won the election purely thanks to teamster shenanigans, pay offs, and typical corrupt labor union horsecrap.) Among a field of corrupt chuckleheads, Emanuel stands high above them all as king of the filth.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with your post here.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Sorry, double post...don't know how the hell that happened.
edit on 19-2-2013 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Could someone please remind the chief that Thugs running amok in his city pose a far greater threat to Public Safety than law abiding citizens with guns do....

His statement is such utter garbage...

I guess the chief missed this

Four separate shootings took place in the span of 90 minutes Friday evening in Chicago, the first coming less than an hour after Air Force One departed O’Hare Airport after President Obama spoke on the culture of gun violence and economic decay that plagues many cities, including his hometown.

An hour earlier, Obama wrapped up a personal speech at Hyde Park Academy on the South Side, where he mourned the killing of Hadiya Pendleton, the teen who visited Washington for his inauguration just a week before she was gunned down not far from the school. “This is not just a gun issue. It’s also an issue of the kinds of communities that we’re building, and for that we all share a responsibility as citizens to fix it,” he said.

Obama had said little about Chicago’s murder problem — there were more than 500 in 2012 — before Friday, instead focusing on mass shootings in his post-Newtown gun control push. But at a high school just two miles away from his Chicago home, he acknowledged the depths of devastation that street violence generated in the city.

www.theblaze.com...

It's not the gun... It's the criminals and the city which chooses to ignore them...Criminals do not and will never obey the laws they choose to break. Sounds kind of funny. That's why they are criminals. That's what criminals do. That is what they choose. What can you expect from a city in which allows criminals to take seat in its positions of highest authority.... Birds of a feather...... and Chicago is their roost..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I wonder how many killed off in the last month and a half had a permit to carry? If none than I say a permit definately makes you safer. how many assault weapons were used in the killings must be a bunch being they are going after them so bad

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join