It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 years ago today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
That Ronald Belford Scott 'Bon' (short for bonnie as in bonnie Scotland) tragically died in London of acute alcohol poisoning and inhalation after a night drinking.

The lead singer of legendary rock band AC/DC was beloved of fans and greatly missed.In the July issue of Classic Rock he was rated as number one in the top 100 list of rock frontmen,a rating I'd wholly agree with.

So I thought I'd post some classic vids in tribute ~ to Bon !!!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I understood that he got the nickname of Bon Scott from his friends in Australia because he was born in Scotland. Bon (Bonnie) meaning happy and Scott.... well, he is a Scotsman.

Anyways, GREAT POST!

Rest in Peace Bon! I was just a little fella when you left us, but luckily my parents had good taste in music, so I grew up listening to you.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

God rest and give 'em Hell Bon

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You guys already posted my favorites.
STAR&FLAG!!!

edit on 18-2-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
I understood that he got the nickname of Bon Scott from his friends in Australia because he was born in Scotland. Bon (Bonnie) meaning happy and Scott.... well, he is a Scotsman.

Anyways, GREAT POST!

Rest in Peace Bon! I was just a little fella when you left us, but luckily my parents had good taste in music, so I grew up listening to you.

Aye that's right,like Angus & Malcolm (and myself.lol) he was born in Scotland and his family moved to Australia when he was 10.He did get his name from his friends for being Scottish.

'Bonnie Scotland' is an expression so that's why he would have got the name Bonnie Scott or just Bon.Bonnie means more pretty,lovely or nice more as in it's a bonnie day or a bonnie lassie

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

edit on 18/2/13 by fastbob72 because: double post,sorry

top topics

join