It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Search?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I got a bunch of replies to my query. imho 'learning' search is both good and bad, and hard on the paranoid.
I would like to see the youtube code search enabled, like Agarta mentioned. Not that it would stop us from repeating ourselves,

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I tried boobs... and it told me that "adult content" was banned.

:shk:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
looking over how it will look, I retract my statement.
edit on 19-2-2013 by spqrenki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here's how the search will look and function once all is integrated:

Search results pop open in an overlay on your current page, rather than taking you to a new page.

Those curmudgeons still longing for the legacy Google-powered search can get it at: ask.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Hehe, it's not supposed to be ATS related. It is just another search engine that ATS uses now, perhaps to have more traffic? Anyways, I like it's "new" look.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That looks cool

Is there any enhancements concerning search abilities?
Search for posts in only one or two sections, or search for author, using AND OR and that stuff? It would greatly enhance the collaborative research in my opinion, and most likely reduce the amount of dupes.

"(Meteor OR fireball) NOT russia"
would result in all posts containing the words "meteor" or "fireball", except those containing the word "russia"

Appreciate all your great work owner/mods/admins
Thank you

edit on 19/2/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/2/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Oh this will be great. a search engine based on the term of search to be case sensitive to the meaning of the word I mean an inteligent search engine that can give you that solution based not on the best but on the shape of the word(s).

This is a Great achievement.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Cheers... that looks great and integrated! Well done by the way!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Those curmudgeons still longing for the legacy Google-powered search can get it at: ask.abovetopsecret.com...

THANK GOODNESS!!! I can't stand the new thing .. it doesn't work.
(and I don't work either I suppose). I saved the link you provided.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What I do not like about this new search feature is that when a person is on another page unrelated to ATS and searches for (whatever); if you click on (samuru search) on the forums page on ATS it tells all the searchs you have made anywhere and everywhere; not just the searches on ATS.

edit on 20-2-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Thank You! I find the new search to be useless. I wanted to find an old post of mine about hummingbirds. So I entered: "Benevolent Heretic" hummingbird - Nothing. But when I added and "s" at the end, the NEW thread on hummingbirds came up - and nothing else.

I, too, will save this link.

Signed,
An old curmudgeon

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I get a big stinking blank page no matter what I search.

It already made me post one dupe thread. I'll be bookmarking the old system until you get the bugs worked out of this one.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

What browser and Windows OS are you using?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm using the crappy Windows IE (yuck) on my lousy work computer. It's got windows 7 installed.

Can't even get any results from the new search no matter what I type.

edit on 2/20/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

FYI, my home computer running Windows 7and using the Firefox browser runs the Samuru search just fine.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The search feature still yields absolutely zero results for me. I've searched on numerous things which I know would result in pages upon pages of results and I get zero, zippo.

I am running Win 7 (64 bit) and am using IE 8.0.7601.17514

Seriously, I get absolutely nothing. The search page comes up, the progress bar looks like it's doing something after I enter the search term, but then I get a "done" indication with a blank screen where the results should be.

It simply is not working, and it's kind of frustrating because I honestly do use it to see if a thread has been posted or to research something.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I agree.

SO, gotta put in that I am not happy with it either. It leaves me high and dry all too often. Needs further refinement imo before you roll it out. ask was working pretty good. Why, may I ask, do you find the need to implement this new search engine? What benefit does it provide?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
the new seach provides absolutely no results at all for me. which is a pain as i was working on a thread idea

i even go zilch when i typed "aliens" in to it...
i'll be using the link to the old one, which worked ok for me

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The blank results issue should now be fixed.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The blank results issue should now be fixed.

It works on my crummy work computer with crappy IE installed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join