It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Search?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
WHY did they have to 'fix' something that was not broken?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't believe this is the new ATS search engine - unless they had to switch engines for some reason and they haven't fully configured it yet.. but if that's the case, there should be a notice posted someplace I would think.

Er.. the search engine notice thats been active recently is for when the search engine first switched over in 2011.
edit on 18-2-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know, some agency has infiltrated ATS and is redirecting all the searches to their government approved stable of results. PROVE ME WRONG!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
We're working on a more visually appealing integration -- actually, you'll be amazed at the integration.

In the mean time, the more everyone uses Samuru for searching ATS, the better and better it will get.

I wouldn't have "flipped the switch" if I wasn't confident that it would be better from the start. And given the heuristic technology under the hood, it will get much better the more it's used.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We're working on a more visually appealing integration -- actually, you'll be amazed at the integration.

In the mean time, the more everyone uses Samuru for searching ATS, the better and better it will get.

I wouldn't have "flipped the switch" if I wasn't confident that it would be better from the start. And given the heuristic technology under the hood, it will get much better the more it's used.

It did fine for me the first time I used it today... no issues that I saw. Seems to be an improvement on the previous one.. well, most anything would be. LOL! With Samuru it seems you get what you give... as far as search criteria, etc.

Samuru interprets the content of each search return to determine authority factors such as originating source, author credibility, writing style, and more.

www.stremor.com/samuru.pdf

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well, for whatever it's worth...

I get absolutely nothing when I search with it. Zero results. It buzzes and wurrrs, then just comes up with a blank results screen and says "done".

When I clicked on it initially I thought it was a virus, so I immediately bailed. Then I came here and read this thread, and went back and tried it again. Nothing. Also looks like to tries to install something initially (which I block), so I don't know if that's part of the issue, but it's definitely not doing anything for me.

Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

EXACTLY! That is what it does to me as well.

:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It works better than the old search function for me.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

So it's real????? This is about one of the worst things changed around here. It really is. Please consider the users and change it back, we all liked the old search. I don't even want to use this, and feel a loss concerning this website which I love to write on. Give it some more thought, OK?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyingclaydisk
Well, for whatever it's worth...

I get absolutely nothing when I search with it. Zero results. It buzzes and wurrrs, then just comes up with a blank results screen and says "done".

When I clicked on it initially I thought it was a virus, so I immediately bailed. Then I came here and read this thread, and went back and tried it again. Nothing. Also looks like to tries to install something initially (which I block), so I don't know if that's part of the issue, but it's definitely not doing anything for me.

Hope this helps.

With the old search function, I sometimes got zero results. The new one's all good to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Is there a way to program the search to look for the most recent relevant threads? I find that I often find old stuff when trying to research if a recent topic has had a thread made about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Then can you or someone give me a link to a thread whose name I forgot, the recent one about the man who disproves the moon hoax by showing that the special effects needed to make it were not available in the moon landings era? Thanks. Someone on another website, not a conspiracy one, is talking about the moon hoax and I want to link him to that one.

I can't get this new off-site search engine to work, and have bad feelings about it as well. Who controls it, etc. A strange move for a good website to do.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

I get absolutely nothing as well. I searched "9/11" just to test it and got a blank white disturbing page. But "it will get better as more people use it"

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My anti V through up a big Danger warning when I tried to use it first time.
Frankly, It had the feel of SO about it so I over rode the warning (just this once).
Tried to search for an old thread about "we Are ATS" had a page of non-pertinent
results.
This search engine sucks gang....I don't feel I should have to "teach" it how to search.
I had better (instant) results using the you tube search engine for what I was looking for.

If it is designed to "get better as we use it", I am afraid that it will not get much use as it is now.
Consequently, will not likely improve.
I would love to be proven wrong!

In my quest to deny my ignorance about heuristic search systems, I found this interesting..

Sourch

A proper Software Requirements Specification (SRS) models the heuristics of how a user processes information on-screen. An SRS is ideally shared with the end-user well before the actual Software Design Specification (SDS) is written and the application is developed, so users' feedback about their experience can be used to adapt the design of the application. This saves much time in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Unless heuristics are adequately considered, the project will likely suffer many implementation problems and setbacks.

I hope you didn't flip the switch too soon SO!
Cheers
edit on 19-2-2013 by Zeptepi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
i tried entering 'bigfoot' in the small search window at the top of this page and it brought me to the samuru site with 50 results.

then i changed the screen color by going to the options (fonts and colors) in my browser.
the screen became mostly black, with the results put into seperate white boxes, slightly less annoying.

then i tried turning some 'no-script' options on and off.
that did not add (or subtract) any functionality.

the same results appeared every time, and i am sure there are more than 50 bigfoot threads.

there is no otion to go to another page of results (next>),
so if you don't find what you are looking for in the 50 that come up
then you are screwed.

just some observations, i'm sure that over time more functionality can be added for us here.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just tried it.
Didn't like it at all.
I want the old one back.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Ok I went into my browsers tools and allowed it to do a compatability setting change and here are those results...

in old ie internet options there was a button that said something like ... 'force off screen compositing even under terminal server while wearing pink ballerina slippers in the rain'

or something to that effect.
try that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I think, at the least, SO, that there should be some indication on the search page that you're searching ATS, not conducting a generic search. The title of the page is currently "Home - Samuru" and the appearance of the page is one of a generic search engine. Simply changing the title of "abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com" and adding a label above the text box would probably resolve a lot of confusion.

OmegaLogos' "zero results" came as a result of him entering "OmegaLogos AboveTopSecret" and he wouldn't have entered the "AboveTopSecret" bit if it was more obvious that he was searching this site, not the whole of the Internet.
edit on 19-2-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join