It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we born with psychic abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for a while, and do we lose them from non use, I also wondered if anyone else had any experiences like mine, I've been told that when I was around a year old I could tell who was coming just from hearing their footsteps and was able to climb out of my cot at a young age.

Another thing that really intrigues me, but doesn't seem strange to anyone else is that at the same time an owl, I presume it was the same one each time, used to sit on the windowsill of my room and watch me, (maybe it was hungry,
) and I would say that the lady is coming to see me, this was at a year old.

Also when my children were younger once or twice when I was thinking about a particular word for a while they would say the word and really surprise me, my sister tells me that her son did the same.

I don't have any abilities now, but a few years ago I went to look around an old parsonage called fletcher moss which was built in the seventeenth century, I was looking around fine and didn't feel strange at all but when I walked through a particular spot I got a really horrible feeling in my stomach and just wanted to run out of the house. Later I learned that a young woman had died on that spot in the eighteenth century.

I've been to supposedly haunted places before and not felt anything, so I don't know why this place was different.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Gildenel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Are we Drnk..?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gildenel

Did you hit enter before you filled in your first post? I've done that before. You can edit your post and put in the data.

If you just wanted to have a blank post...job well done...it's blank....

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah sorry, I really shouldn't be doing it now as I'm falling asleep.

Oh and I forgot that owl scared my aunt when she walked into a room one night it was perched on the windowsill looking in an she thought it was a ghost.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yeah, we are all born with psychic abilities. Every living thing has them. It's a feature of consciousness.

As we get older we accumulate blockages and filters.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Congratulations, sounds like you are a natural sensitive.

It can be a real chore if you focus too much on it, and most folk will either not understand it or be jealous.

Cheers to you!

Good luck and best wishes.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gildenel
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah sorry, I really shouldn't be doing it now as I'm falling asleep.

Oh and I forgot that owl scared my aunt when she walked into a room one night it was perched on the windowsill looking in an she thought it was a ghost.

I'm glad you came back and filled in the OP, I like the topic a lot.

Yes, I do think we are all born with intuitive abilities. A lot of people block it out, because it can be an over loading feeling sometimes. I'm old now, and quite comfortable with this, gift, I call it. When I was much younger, I will admit there were some scary situations. I used to think everyone could see, the things I saw.

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Are we born with psychic abilities

Yep.

Considering that as much as 93% of communication can be, at any given time, non-verbal, then I would say that these so-called abilities don't go away, either. Or even really diminish with age.

The reason that it is hidden, is because we want it that way. We like to indulge in what's really happening, and what we would like to be happening, at the same time. It serves us somehow, to keep secrets, and hide stuff, and have a hidden ace.

What is holding us back from enjoying the full proper use of these 'abilities' is shame, guilt and dishonesty, with ourselves and others.

This is what drives all types of witchcraft that can be found in all cultures.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i was very psychic as a child. i began to convinced myself that all of it was in my head, like hallucinations and things just being conicidences and it stopped. around 3 years ago i became vegetarian (still drank milk),meditated, practised celibacy to the extent of the thought. ,varrous pranayamas and kriyas. i became very psychic. i wouldn't say it was an ability, it would just happen. if i wanted i could consciously do it but that was very rare. only in the beginning as experiments-to prove it to myself. a large part of being psychic is being able to know where a thought is coming from. you may think of someone only because they thought of you. if you become sensitive enough you will be able to distinguish them. My spiritual practised got in the way of worldly life.~7months I got offered a job people told me i couldn't pass up. I did it thinking i'd be able to keep a sensible diet. i was wrong. A bad diet lead to bad mediatation which lead to quitting and focusing on work( i work 90-100 hours a week). Things still happen but not nearly to the same extent. one day ill will have worked my self into a position where i can dedicate myself once again
edit on 18-2-2013 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When I was young I was handy and in my projects I would always say to myself that everything I needed was in the room for me to find it. I have always cultivated a mind that thinks at the moment for solving problems. I try not to plan ahead so I have to get better at making decisions on the go, it isn't pretty but I like the non-stress component. When I was in college I would finish my professors words when they paused for words. I do this with people I talk to too. Sometimes I'm not really paying attention to them but just following the words, I don't know what this means...

I never made love the same way to any woman I have been with. I see things in black and red and images sometimes when I listen to iDoser files before I sleep. When I want to get ideas and have an unguided skipping idea brainstorm I don't sleep one night and drink coffee and chocolate until it comes and then I go to sleep the coming night.

I don't have a watch on my wrist since highschool and I guess the time before I look for it. When people ask me arithmetic questions I do them in my head since I can remember, it's not pretty but I like seeing people's reactions when I'm right.

Pretty much what I want to say is that practice makes it easier to have what you want.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The ability to recognize a 6th sense event is not limited to a select few. Learning to see and recognize the quality is. The reason here is the same reason a master of metalworking knows what subtle things to look for in his/her craft. Attention. Attention on the object or technique. Intention Intention drives the higher mind subconscious to orchestrate the required events. Detachment from fear of failure. Fear is a limiter and has driven more researchers to quit than anything else.
Psionics the discipline of investigating and developing mind connection.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

I wish

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Yes we only use a small percentage of the brains capacity don't we, and there are certain areas of the brain that we just don't know are for, I think there that there are areas of the mind that are closed of to everyone, that will enable us to do even more.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

Thank you, but I can't seem to access this, apart from on the odd occasion, maybe I stop myself, but I've been told by a clear sighted person that I am cocooned inside myself, and I can't seem to connect most of the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Not sure if this counts as "psychic" or not but sometimes I will dream of something,an event or happening,or just a conversation,and then at some later date when this thing I dreamed about actually occurs I will experience a deja vu moment.This has happened more times than I can recall.Never anything huge or life changing,so far.
And the thing is I don't even recall having dreamt of it until it happens,and then I will recall the dream in great detail.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hey there.I think everyone is at least to some extent psychic,some more,some less,but i really do believe we all have this-the choice to be open to this ability or not-and to trust it+embrace it as at least of some help/use in one's life,or not-is up to the individual.One thing that suppesses it to a large extent,would be anti-depressants,btw.Those run bigtime interference,i speak from experience.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I agree with your main point in this thread; we are all born with a sort hightened awareness of things. I like to look into the eyes of my baby cousins and see his/her eyes dilated looking around at everything and observing. Another example can be when an angry individual would walk into the room and he/she breaks down crying before that individual does or says anything.

One story of mine is when my little brother was about three years of age. I was baby-sitting him one day, we were in our living room, he was on the floor playing with his toys when all of a sudden he looks up towards the empty stairway across room and laughs. In shock, since it was just him and me in the house at the moment, I asked him. "Hey! What's so funny?" He then looks at me and points to the stairway and asks. "Who the lady?"

As we get older we become more concerned for the material things (ie. money, jobs, politics, etc.) and we lose touch with those special abilities. We haven't really lost them in my opinion we have just forgotten about them. There are small signs they linger because you can still feel tension between people who dislike eachother, as well as feel the sadness in rooms where people are mourning, etc.

Whether it be hightened senses or "psychic abilities," human beings are definately capable of amazing things.
edit on 19-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I can't verify the story or the source, but I think I remember reading something about the Conquistadors who first came to the new world. It seems as if the natives somewhat ignored their ships or their landing parties. From what I remember, giant wooden floating constructs and men covered in metal were too odd for their brains to process. Their existence sort of got filtered out by their brains.

Maybe kids, having not been told what is possible and what's not possible, don't ignore the things that don't fit what's expected.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yes, you and everyone else is born with psychic abilities as you call it. The term "psychic" is not preferred however as it implies some type of special ability that can be attained by few and that is not true. These phenomena are a completely mundane, normal, natural part of consciousness that human beings experience so often that it can be easy to dismiss given that you have all been conditioned from an early age to ignore, to reject, to justify such an occurrence.

Think of a human being as a radio that has had it's antenna removed. The radio will still exist, it will still have power, however it will become extremely limited in the stations it can receive.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gildenel
I've been thinking about this for a while, and do we lose them from non use, I also wondered if anyone else had any experiences like mine, I've been told that when I was around a year old I could tell who was coming just from hearing their footsteps and was able to climb out of my cot at a young age.

Another thing that really intrigues me, but doesn't seem strange to anyone else is that at the same time an owl, I presume it was the same one each time, used to sit on the windowsill of my room and watch me, (maybe it was hungry,
) and I would say that the lady is coming to see me, this was at a year old.

Also when my children were younger once or twice when I was thinking about a particular word for a while they would say the word and really surprise me, my sister tells me that her son did the same.

I don't have any abilities now, but a few years ago I went to look around an old parsonage called fletcher moss which was built in the seventeenth century, I was looking around fine and didn't feel strange at all but when I walked through a particular spot I got a really horrible feeling in my stomach and just wanted to run out of the house. Later I learned that a young woman had died on that spot in the eighteenth century.

I've been to supposedly haunted places before and not felt anything, so I don't know why this place was different.

Hey, I'm new here. This forum looks very interesting!

I've often felt that I have some strange supernatural ability, like premonition... Its probably just wishful thinking but ever since I can remember there have been hundreds of instances where I feel like I know what is going to happen next or what a person is going to say. People call it deja vu, but anytime I've experienced this it seems very intense, like I've been in that exact situation before, almost like I dreamed it (not a similar situation, that exact one). Also, when this happens I often feel like I'm in a dream, and it's actually quite unpleasant feeling. It was especially strong in my teen years but it has seemed to have waned within the past few years (I'm 28 now).

Like I said, it's probably nothing out of the ordinary, but I often wonder if it is possible to tap into this and be able to consciously experience the future and predict what will happen in my life.
edit on 27-2-2013 by mortigon because: (no reason given)

top topics

join