It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Checks into Strange Room 322 at Hotel ZaZa in Houston and is Quickly Removed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by AvisNigra
I don't think rooms like this are uncommon. Three places in New Orleans that have unadvertised rooms:

The Roosevelt
Hotel Monteleone
The Dauphine

I've never stayed in any of them, but I've seen the one at The Roosevelt. I've heard the other two talked about on a few occasions. They're used for parties. I would imagine hotels in a good number of cities have these.

The decor in this room seems as if it may have been selected by someone who may own the room privately.

I think its not the theme off the room that is weird here, well it is but it would not be such a "story" if they did not move the guy quickly to a different room stating that this one is not for rent when they figured out he stays there unintentionally.. I think that part made a lot of people suspicious

Or this could just be a PR stunt by the hotel

Believe me...I doubt there is anyone on ATS who would argue my skepticism. I've been called the Bride of Satan because of my "overkill of logic...."

Yet, I have to admit that the public "explanation" around this room simply doesn't make sense.

The PR spokeswoman has said the theme of the room is "Hard Times" and a "Fun spin on the jail theme." Well...what does the art on the walls have to do with jail? What do the skulls have to do with jail? There aren't even any bars in the rooms. There isn't anything about the room that screams "jail" to me.

I also find it hard to believe the hotel would rent the room with no carpet. You can see paint splatter on the floor where the black trim has been painted. At the very least, that would have been cleaned up. I also think had the room been intended to be rented, you wouldn't have seen the lamp sitting on a desk in front of and covering the television. No hotel in the world would do that, especially not one who is "posh." Trust me, I've been in a LOT of upscale hotels....

My personal opinion is that this room belongs to a particular individual who wishes to be unnamed. The hotel doesn't want to have to explain who it belongs to so they have come up with the "jail theme" cover story instead.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

I think this might be some brilliant marketing. Think of how many things these days are geared towards conspiracy folks. All the music videos and half time shows. Then you have this weird room and a few mysterious stories to go along with it. We have people on the internet talking about, showing pictures of, and generally doing the marketing for this hotel. Should I venture into business for myself again, I think I might do some creative design to make the CT boards work for me.

And creepy or not, I would stay in that room just to say I did.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Im sorry people you really have no idea of decor. Fashionable and trendy decor tends to include these sorts of things. Even very mainstream hotels have a very similar design and style to this hotel. Its about being hip. Its about grabbing attention and it seems to be doing just this.

You all need to GET OUT MORE. And see for yourselves that this hotel isnt that unique.

Skulls and bones picture on the wall doesnt imply that Bush and his cronies visit. Is this what you nerds are thinking?

Im female and could sleep in that room with no fear at all, infact I wouldnt even blink. I wouldnt tell anyone because id find it totally irrelevant. And id certainly not be having weird ideas about it.
edit on 19-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I did a google image search and it led me to this website, which seems to be a Polish criminal justice page. But I haven't found the matching image yet. Still looking.

From google image search

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by Yetichi

I think this might be some brilliant marketing. Think of how many things these days are geared towards conspiracy folks. All the music videos and half time shows. Then you have this weird room and a few mysterious stories to go along with it. We have people on the internet talking about, showing pictures of, and generally doing the marketing for this hotel. Should I venture into business for myself again, I think I might do some creative design to make the CT boards work for me.

And creepy or not, I would stay in that room just to say I did.

I could buy this as an explanation, given two provisions:

1. if hotel does not stay booked all the time..... One of the posters indicated that it is hard to get a room here. If the hotel has a constant full or near full occupancy rate, I can't see them wasting their resources with this kind of marketing which tends to focus on a different type of market audience.

2. It would also have to assume that the posters just flat out lied about the entire story and circumstances surrounding the room. While this wouldn't be completely ground breaking or hard to swallow, we don't have any reason to assume they lied so far. Plus, someone mentioned that the hotel's Facebook page now has comments from others who were mistakenly put into the room and then abruptly moved. I don't have a Facebook account so I can't verify this.... But it could lend credence to the original guy's story.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Thanks for the photos, but I still see nothing weird about it. Do you guys never go to fashionable hotels?.. feh! Get out more
I get out just fine, thanks. Still a little odd to me, though.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Originally posted by AvisNigra
I don't think rooms like this are uncommon. Three places in New Orleans that have unadvertised rooms:

The Roosevelt
Hotel Monteleone
The Dauphine

I've never stayed in any of them, but I've seen the one at The Roosevelt. I've heard the other two talked about on a few occasions. They're used for parties. I would imagine hotels in a good number of cities have these.

The decor in this room seems as if it may have been selected by someone who may own the room privately.

I think its not the theme off the room that is weird here, well it is but it would not be such a "story" if they did not move the guy quickly to a different room stating that this one is not for rent when they figured out he stays there unintentionally.. I think that part made a lot of people suspicious

Or this could just be a PR stunt by the hotel

For the record I don't believe any of the rooms I mentioned are "for rent" (nor advertised) either.

I don't think there's anything of interest in this whole story except the PR response.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
I also find it hard to believe the hotel would rent the room with no carpet. You can see paint splatter on the floor where the black trim has been painted. At the very least, that would have been cleaned up. I also think had the room been intended to be rented, you wouldn't have seen the lamp sitting on a desk in front of and covering the television. No hotel in the world would do that, especially not one who is "posh." Trust me, I've been in a LOT of upscale hotels....
Here's my take... The room isn't ready to be rented out, and shouldn't have been rented out, because it's being recarpeted. Might also explain why the lamp was where it was, and why the staff said "oops" and gave them a different room.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

My wife worked in time share and I have friends that work the front desk at more than one resort/hotel/motel. The inventory is managed but upper management and there are more than one level for what "sold out" actually means and depending on how much you want to spend to have a room open up for you. I went to check into a room at Pacific Palisades in Carlsbad Ca one time and they messed up and did not have our room. The gal was new and so was the manager on duty so he just went in the system and goes there..... I found a room for you.

The room he put us in was the Presidentail Suite and where President Bush had just stayed in a week prior when he was doing a speech on Camp Pendleton a few miles up the street. The floors were made from the wood from one of the boats that sailed over at the same time as the Mayflower. Needless to say the room was probably 20-50 times more expensive than our room should have been. The bathtub had a mini waterfall that filled it up and the sheets were so soft like something I have never felt.

I got to live like the POTUS for 2 days

edit on 19-2-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Subject of creepy places, well I once visited a guest house, that had some SERIOUSLY weird stuff. You think this room is bad, the one I went to made my hair stand on end. Anyway, most people found it also abit creepy, but really didnt question why it was creepy. I mean for what purpose...

Let me explain the place I visited...

It had open graves
dolls faces with eyes missing

Anyway... So ya ll maybe I dont find this " strange" because Ive been seen worse.
A few pictures are nothing! Art is abit creepy...its kinda meant to be, thats what titilates folks imaginations

Also visited a hotel that had " Abba" all over the walls, that was pretty scary too. Not keen on Abba.. hehe

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
Here's my take... The room isn't ready to be rented out, and shouldn't have been rented out, because it's being recarpeted. Might also explain why the lamp was where it was, and why the staff said "oops" and gave them a different room.

Josh,

I thought about this too....but why wouldn't the hotel just say that? Why go into this ridiculous "weird" cover story that the room is supposed to "a fun twist on a jail theme" when nothing about the room infers any symbolism of prison or jail, except maybe the bed chained to the wall?

I guess I am trying to look at this (like I do everything) through the filter of Occam's Razor. Something about it just doesn't add up....

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
another person got this room and was immediately removed nearly 1 year ago and wrote about it here: Room 322 1 Year Ago

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

When viewed from a 3rd party pov... You just gotta love misunderstandings between strangers on the internet XD It's just one of those situations where you're like "DUDE!"

"DUDE!" "SWEET!" "WHAT DOES MINE SAY!?" Paraphrased from Dude, where's my car. The tattoo scene. Classic. Back before we got tired of seeing Ashton Kutcher acting like an idiot.

I'd like to see a forensic team examine the room...just for the heck of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Probably some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos.

(If you get this reference, I love you.)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I love the nefarious,weird,strange etc

This is far from odd and frankly i thought this site had more open minded readers.
BDSM is big buisness,and those who can afford to indulge their interests,do.
Someone having exclusive access to a room is simply part of those interests.

Altough if it is,it's one of the tamest rooms i've seen.

Hotels are great for it because they generally run around for you to restock supplies.
edit on 21-2-2013 by cjttatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
More info, plus floor plans (validity/helpfulness - up to you):

That "two-way mirror" in 322 hangs on the bathroom wet wall for the more spacious suite 321 next door. So in the "secret voyeur room" case, you'd be standing in the bathroom next door and looking through a piping chase full of sanitary and domestic water lines. The bricks are a veneer that they decided to stop at the frame of the mirror. It doesn't seem like this room was specially built for secret sex shows or whatnot. At least, no more than any other hotel room with potential for pinhole cameras and so on.

I think it really is just an awkwardly placed and sized room, dictated by adjacent suite and service elevator lobby/shaft requirements. (See attached snippet from floor plans.) The associated balcony sits in a corner, so it is in fact larger than the balconies in the adjacent conventional rooms, as the ZaZa rep claims. I have no explanation for why some owner, architect and/or interior designer thought this would be a good theme for a room, though.

boingboing.net...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Minus a few things, I wouldn't mind staying in the room to feel the vibe. First, think you're right about the mirror...Aren't two ways usually (or preferrably) held in brick walls to dampen sound bleed through?
Also, if it has "connecting rooms" the "mirror" could be linked to a room for bodyguards, security detail.
The reddit link has two individuals (guessing poster vs. room owner) discussing the removal of the posting for a grand. A little pricy to remove something for a supposed 'P.R.' stunt (although the P.R. head IS responding to media.)
Somebody also mentions a Bush (forget Daddy or Dubya) room at a hotel named the houstonian.
Could be safehouses for the elite? May take some digging, but wondering how many politicians or high level business officials have bare bones (no pun intended) hideouts throughout various cities.

But, just speculation and imagery for a fun topic. Somebody may wanna save the pics before the whole bounty thing goes through.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

The photo on the wall that everyone is asking who he is, well I think it is Walter Disney!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sayitaintso
reply to post by kosmicjack

Did you notice, in that photo with the Walgreens ad on the TV, it shows another image of the screen in the mirror reflection?

Just noticed it then. That is really strange. I wonder what it is? Now that is a bit spooky

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join