It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Checks into Strange Room 322 at Hotel ZaZa in Houston and is Quickly Removed.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
saw this post today on reddit: Hotel Zaza Room 322
There are plenty of photos and comments to review but i noticed someone said 322 is a common Skull & Bones number.
News site inquired with the hotel and after not getting an response they then tell the reporter the room is just a theme but they have no idea who the portrait of the man in the room is.
News Article

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
satanic sex den wonder who that guy is on the pic
edit on 18-2-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

yeah i'm seeing that explanation a lot. my question is that how could something like this be kept secret so long that it is just coming out now? even threatening to fire an employee that talks about it would seemingly make it come out even faster.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wow! ... Reminds me of " criminal minds " t.v Show. Um....or some swingers only room?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It would be cool if you could tell us on ATS what it is about... rather than just a link and no info.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Room 322?

Remiinds me of an old early 70's TV show.

Oops, never mind. Missed it by a hundred.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Had to look it up:

Zaza definition

plenty, a descendant of Judah (1 Chr. 2:33).

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Apparently the room is very goth, the bed is attached to the walls with chains. But I can't find a pic. Supposedly 322 has some significant skull and bones meaning.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

i'm not sure there is much more relevant info other than the photos he provided. here is the OP's quote:

stay here frequently when on business. Hotel was booked solid and my colleague managed to score a room unplanned. We all had normal zaza style rooms (swank) and he ended up in this goth dungeon closet. Seriously- the room had a chain holding the bed to wall, pictures of skills and a creepy, incongruous portrait of an old man. Room was about 1/3 the normal size with the furniture blocking part of the TV, bed and window. We asked about it at the front desk and the clerk looked it up and said "that room isn't supposed to be rented.' and immediately moved him.

if you want to go directly to the photos here is the imgur album Hotel Room Pics

CX

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well i've just read about half of the text reviews for the hotel on their website, and it seems that it is definitely geared towards the adult client.

Lots of texts talking about the half naked pics all over the walls, i'm betting this room is just one of their S&M rooms if you feel like taking the romantic getaway to another level.

The reviews reek of corporate getaways, somewhere for business people to unwind and lots of praise for the romantic weekend types.

CX.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Creepy :

I wonder if that Walgreens ad is an in house cable ad or national commercial? I bet some ad exec is hating life about now. LoL!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Looks like a typical theme room to me. Ive always loved themed rooms ever since we went to one years ago.. so I have sought them out when we plan vacations. Ive been in pirate ship theme rooms to a dungeon to a bordello room. Nothing nefarious, just fun

Clever way to generate interest in their little dinky room though, eh?? Ohhh that wasnt supposed to be rented.. yea right.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's normal until the floor is bare concrete, and there is a framed picture of Jay Comeaux on the wall. Don't forget the room # is 322 and the clerk specifically said they don't rent that room out.

Idk if it is Jay comeaux, looks like him.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
so the hotel wasn't really "full" then?

They say the hotel was booked solid and his friend managed to score this room, but then when they asked about it at the front counter the room they got wasn't actually suppose to be rented out, so they moved them to a different room? What another room that magically became available in this "booked solid" hotel?

Something doesn't feel right here

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The PR spokeswoman's "explanation" that this is a typical room just doesn't smell right to me. Seems like spin to me.... The following points just don't sit right:

1. The "Hard Times" room is not listed or marketed on the hotel's website.
2. No carpet. They are trying to say this is all part of the theme of the room, but I don't buy it. At the very least, the floor wouldn't look like that. I'd buy "we were replacing the carpet and that's why the room shouldn't have been rented" before I'd buy the story that it was SUPPOSED to look like that.
3. Lamp is actually in front of the television. Again, from a high priced hotel, I don't believe this is how they would normally rent a room to a guest.
4. The picture of the Stanford Financial Exec. Something tells me that they don't have some stray picture of a 3rd party company executive anywhere else in any other room in the hotel. Just a hunch....
5. ETA - the mirror is actually "embedded" into the wall. I would bet that is a two-way mirror.

I'm not saying this room was used for anything nefarious. We certainly don't have enough information to make that kind of a speculative jump. But I don't believe it was intended to look like it does or be rented like this....
edit on 18-2-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
The PR spokeswoman's "explanation" that this is a typical room just doesn't smell right to me. Seems like spin to me.... The following points just don't sit right:

1. The "Hard Times" room is not listed or marketed on the hotel's website.
2. No carpet. They are trying to say this is all part of the theme of the room, but I don't buy it. At the very least, the floor wouldn't look like that. I'd buy "we were replacing the carpet and that's why the room shouldn't have been rented" before I'd buy the story that it was SUPPOSED to look like that.
3. Lamp is actually in front of the television. Again, from a high priced hotel, I don't believe this is how they would normally rent a room to a guest.
4. The picture of the Stanford Financial Exec. Something tells me that they don't have some stray picture of a 3rd party company executive anywhere else in any other room in the hotel. Just a hunch....
5. ETA - the mirror is actually "embedded" into the wall. I would bet that is a two-way mirror.

I'm not saying this room was used for anything nefarious. We certainly don't have enough information to make that kind of a speculative jump. But I don't believe it was intended to look like it does or be rented like this....

#2... that just makes the clean up of spilled.. erm... coffee all that much easier

BTW, look up the Stanford exec.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Coffee? Is that what that mess is??? I thought it had a rather....uurrr.....ruby....tone to it.

Maybe Comeaux was using the room to get himself ready for his future life behind bars??? I can see the humor of putting a picture of him in the room.

www.reuters.com...

ETA - on further review, looks like Comeaux got no jail time. Just banned from the securities industry and undisclosed financial penalty. Wonder who his lawyer was....lol. Anyone want to look that up on PACER?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
looks like another person got that room and was removed soon after they realized their mistake! Another Person Removed from Room 322

found this in a comment on the ZaZa facebook page. they claim the room is just a theme they have:

Hotel ZaZa Houston For all you ZaZa fans, you've grown to love our thematic Concept & Magnificent Seven Suites. Because Hotel ZaZa Houston's footprint is in a historic building, rather than sacrifice the original structure, we embraced several compact rooms on the second floor and developed them with themes! The room referenced is Hard Times – a playful take on a jailhouse experience. It's compact, yet well-equipped with a spacious balcony overlooking the pool! True to the ZaZa experience, expect the unexpected.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I like that brick wall,its stylish,reminds me of a loft.The skull pic would'nt faze me either,i like skeleton and skull imagery.The other portraits not so much.I would say,the impression i get is that this room is reserved for a specific guest,who pays to have it kept this way.If the guy is a friend of the owner(s) it propably won't be a problem to have the privilege of your own "customised" room,especially if such a guest is willing to pay the cost.Maybe its reserved for members of a certain club or group,secret or not.Like a company apartment,where they house employees new to the city,eg? It has a certain "homey" vibe,like its meant to be a "home away from home" but in this case just the bedroom part of the home.I can see how some may find this room very cozy,actually.Except for the weirder portraits and chains,i could sleep in that room no problem.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Did you notice, in that photo with the Walgreens ad on the TV, it shows another image of the screen in the mirror reflection?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join