It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longmont(CO) girl's death prompts Hazmat response

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well they must be expecting something air born, since they broke out the duct tape and air tanks.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
One of the kids parents likely works at one of the Biologicals Research Facilities.

Wouldn't that be a bad career move if you work with deadly virus/biologicals for weapons research and you end up bringing it home to your own kid.

The Denver Airport with that war/gas mask mural in it comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I have a friend who lives in Longmont with 5 kids (ugh...don't ask me how she does it, cuz I never could!) But she had her 10 month old in the hospital with RSV over the weekend and now her 2 year old has it. Her two older kids have the flu, and when I talked to her, she said over half the town is sick with something, mostly kids. The adults don't seem to be catching whatever bugs are going around. Sounds a little weird to me.
Her 10 month old was released yesterday with instructions to return with ANY respiratory complications, however small.
Just thought I would share...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ssenekil

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Where is Longmont ? I want to be sure to stay away!...I feel badly for the girl who died and her parents...I can't even imagine! Hazmat suits? Really? Sounds like the black plaque....or anthrax.

Longmont is about fifteen minutes south of boulder, 45 south of Denver. I lived there in 2010.

Damn, sounds crazy.

I think you may have your north and south mixed up a bit.

This sounds like a meth lab to me too. Hazmat suits to protect responders from all the chemicals that are "baked" into whatever complex they were made in. Block off the street to minimize injuries in the event of an explosion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

You are 100% correct.
Sorry for misinfo.
edit on 19-2-2013 by Ssenekil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I wonder if this little girl has traveled out of the country recently? There is a very serious Coronavirus happening now in Saudi Arabia and parts of England. This virus kills!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Longmont

Longmont is northwest of Denver, I have some family there.

reply to post by Meldionne1

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
To me it seems like yet another seasonal mass-media psyop backed by big pharma, which purpose is to spark the hysteria around so-called "swine flu".

See, the news in the OP are dated February, 18th. There is similar news in Russia: again - a little girl died, again the "swine flu", dated Feb 20th. And the only source that cites the "swine flu" with confidence is BBCRussia.com, while other, local sources are not so bold in their statements, and others clearly stating that this version is proven to be wrong, including the Russian Chief Physician Gennady Onischenko.

Clearly it's the beginning of a worldwide campaign.

Their PR managers decided the sales won't grow enough if no hazmat suits are involved.
Expect vaccination efforts soon.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There are diseases in containers in facilities deep under ground that can kill lots and lots of people, if ever they were exposed to a bunch of non-clinically-trained people. If you ever see hazmat in your neighborhood, get your rubber gloves and face mask on. What, you don't have a couple laying around in your first aid kit somewhere? Better put a couple in your bug-out bag.

From their reaction, sounds like ebola. I'm a little upset that through all their precautions they didn't go through the public-preached method of flu prevention which would be a vaccine. Yes, even though it's not argued healthy, for the true propaganda for the people that would have been the sensible reaction to just a flu death.

Which means there is a coverup conspiracy possibly in action. A lie to not cause panic. Only the flu? Sure it's not some brain-eating virus that causes kids to throw up and die? My psychic senses say it's an inflammatory brain-rot disease, not an upset tummy. I could always be wrong but it's an alternative explanation.

Pakistan had an outbreak of brain-eating amoeba four months ago: Deadly 'brain-eating' microbe..

It could be the same. Hence the hazmat suits and the "flu" cover story. That they are just not telling the area to not cause panic which would require expensive fixes.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hantavirus and bubonic plague are known to exist in the rodent population in the state of Colorado. (And not just Colorado. Affected area goes from the Southwest up into the Rockies.) If there's a rodent problem in that neigborhood, it could very well be a source of an outbreak that needs to be contained. Better to nip it in the bud quickly than have a bigger problem on their hands later on.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Hey there! I grew up in CO - Longmont is about 25 minutes northeast of Boulder up 119.

It's scary when they break out the Hazmat suits!!

peace,
AB

Longmont Area Map Link

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Interesring
And
Creepy

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

You mean Gloria Ramirez, the Toxic Woman. That was a bit more than a few years ago, taking place in 1994. One of the most utterly bizarre events I'm aware of, and largely unknown.

reply to post by Rezlooper

Ebola isn't the horrible threat the media would have you believe. Most of the filoviruses burn through infected bodies much too fast to spread far, and in a country with modern medical discipline, it's pretty low on the list of possible pandemics.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I agree with you. That's why I said ebola-like because it's unlikely that Ebola could travel this far, so I was suggesting that a similar virus, but more homegrown.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Wait, now that you mention it, I think I know what this probably is. Flu-like symptoms leading to death in an otherwise healthy person, combined with the location given, screams one thing: hantavirus. It's generally carried by deer mice in the southwest, but when it infects humans it causes cardiopulmonary failure. The patient's lungs fill with fluid and they develop what resembles an extreme case of pneumonia before death. Something like 40% of people infected die. The house would be quarantined because even though hantavirus doesn't spread from person to person, the infected rodent droppings are probably still in the house.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

That makes a lot of sense. You probably nailed it there. I've heard of this before. I read a story once about a newlywed couple in Arizona that both died from this after coming into contact with the mouse turds. Pretty scary stuff!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
Where is Longmont ? I want to be sure to stay away!...

A short drive north of Denver.

I was there not long ago... Nice place. As for the topic, I wouldn't read too much into an isolated case like this.

There are far worse things out there, and if ever released upon the populations of targeted areas, you won't be hearing news like this, it will be widespread and by the time it's picked up by the news media, the cases reported will likely already be in the tens of thousands or more.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Too bad we can't get an updated story for this and what the cause was. Here is from the most recent story I could find on it. They said it may have been the flu, but the flu doesn't kill this quickly IMO anyways.

“We don’t know. It could be the flu or it could be something pre-existing,” Lewis said. “But to send our people into an unknown environment and possibly expose them to that would have been irresponsible on our part.” Neighbor Chloe Dominguez said Morales looked fine when she was outside playing the past few days.

Memorial grows for Longmont girl who died mysteriously

top topics

<< 1   >>

join