It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Does Anyone Here Partake ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
no!
not that!

what i'm sayin' is, does anybody here really ever use the
'add as friend' / 'add as rival' function that the site has provided for us?

i have been a member here for several months and nobody has yet
added me as a friend. (sniff-sniff)

however, more suprisingly, no one has yet added me as a rival (chicken?)

should any of us take it personally if faced with the above situation?
is this a function we could do away with?
i hope i am not the only one here who is seeing this.

or, maybe, do you think that changing the names on the buttons
might make things more interesting?

two sugestions i have (i hope someone else can do better) are...

i think this member is a dork ... vs. i think this member is informed
or howbout
i think you are a shill ... vs. i think you're for real

in the spirit of competition, it could be fun.

edit on 18-2-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

I have used the add friend and add rival feature.

The only rival I ever added was HomerinNC, but I later removed him from the list because we actually agreed on a few issues.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When you or someone adds a friend it shows up on your profile page but it does not alert or show up on the person freinded. However, if you foe someone or you are foed there is a message sent to alert that person of being foed. So you may be peoples "friend" and will never know until you look at their profile page or they tell you they did it.

Edit to add: I just added you to my friends list but you will have to go to my profile and scroll down to see it. It will be the bottom name as they are in the order of being added.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Personally I feel that if you are concerned about the friends or rivals you make when posting it probably affects what you post and how you post.

I never consider if what I post will offend anyone nor do I worry about gaining friends either.....

I hope the above post does not offend anyone

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well, I used to add people, but my list is already long enough that I have to hunt for names. If I added everyone I wanted on it, it would be twice that long, and more. So now I just go look them up to see what they've authored lately. And fortunately, a few let me know when they put up a new thread.

If I could alphabetize it, that would be helpful, and I might start using it again.

Rivals? I don't even bother.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have been Rivaled over 50 times by only one member...Bernard Schnitzel....

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

on the contrary, we both know I accidentally rivalled you earlier and then, to correct the issue, added you as a friend.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I added my wife , lol lame I know . Still happy to have a wife who is a fellow atser . some one added me as their rival but don't think he ever came back

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You're my friend now. Bwahahaha!

I got foed once. Threw me for a loop, made a rant about it. Then got about twenty foes in the rant thread. It was a great laugh.

I wish there was a way to pare down the friends list. I'd guess about forty percent of my friends are now banned.

Maybe I shouldn't have friended you after all.....

edit on 18-2-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I friended you...don't let me down....

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
When I first joined there were two members who made their reputation by rivaling every single person that they saw a post from. It was a sort of badge of participation to be rivaled by either of them. One later claimed that they did this as a social experiment for a University level paper, though I personally have my doubts.

There was a time when I would periodically go through my friends list and compare it to the list of people who had friended me - but... well I got lazy I suppose. I now figure that I post enough that it should be somewhat obvious who I consider "friends" and who I consider "rivals" totally based upon the way I reply to them.

This, in an unrelated note, is probably why they keep ignoring my requests to be named US Ambassador to the UN.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Ive never used it other than "friending" a guy who "foed" me ....to annoy him.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
....add me to what?

My Rivals
These are the ATS members who often disagree with me, but challenge me to think harder and push myself to learn more in my quest to deny ignorance...

...being a "Rival" sounds like a compliment to me....I've had manu members who disagreed with me
and made me take a hard look at my point of view....that's more valuable than a three page list
of Yes-Men....

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I just assumed it was a sign of respect or popularity for certain members
or maybe a dying trend. Not sure someone befriended me but not sure when it happened, I added some just to see what happened .Not much did
. I'm flat out getting a bloody star let alone a friend haha
but I'm fine, really I am...
edit on 18-2-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

I have used the add friend and add rival feature.

The only rival I ever added was HomerinNC, but I later removed him from the list because we actually agreed on a few issues.

LMAO, what did you add me as a rival for?
I don't think I've ever add someone as a rival

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I secretly (I guess the cat's out of the bag now) like being rivaled. I especially did when I was a little more trolly. Nobody has ever added me as a friend though
or if they have I didn't get the message.

It's pretty rare for me to add friends, not that I don't like certain people and consider them e-friends. I don't think I've ever rivaled anyone partly because no one here has ever irritated me that much and partly because the day someone does I'm not giving them the satisfaction. Also like someone said it seems more of a compliment the way it's worded.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I have been Rivaled over 50 times by only one member...Bernard Schnitzel....

Des

I was foe'd by Bernard Schnitzel once. But you do spend more time in the introductions than I do, and are thus much more likely to call him out. But, holy carp! I mean, 50 times!?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

It was about a month after I joined ATS. I forgot exactly what it was over but I think it had to do with the military, but that's water under the bridge now, I am a pretty different person than I was back then.

You are on my friends list now BTW, you have been for a while.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I secretly (I guess the cat's out of the bag now) like being rivaled. I especially did when I was a little more trolly. Nobody has ever added me as a friend though
or if they have I didn't get the message.

It's pretty rare for me to add friends, not that I don't like certain people and consider them e-friends. I don't think I've ever rivaled anyone partly because no one here has ever irritated me that much and partly because the day someone does I'm not giving them the satisfaction. Also like someone said it seems more of a compliment the way it's worded.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Hey Domo...I just *Complimented* you.....

Will undo it in a moment....

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Was not expecting that and got a good belly laugh. You're the first person I've 'foed'!

I think I might start adding mods as foes when they move/delete my threads. I'm talking to you elevatedone!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join