It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mama is Going On a Diet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I wanted to warn everybody here that tomorrow,the 19th of february,will mark my first
day without my Little Debbie's snack cakes.My stash bowl is empty and I didn't buy
anymore over the week-end! I am going to start a new diet and I might be going through
withdrawals.

I am finally tired of being fat and I am going to do something about it.I can no longer use
my injured leg as an excuse for not walking and exercising.My leg is healed and I don't
walk with a limp anymore.I want to get fit and healthy.I want to make sure that I can run
for my life when the situation hits the fan.I don't want to be fodder,or considered a burden.

This morning I weighed in at 219 lbs and I am 5'1'' tall.I want to lose 70 lbs and I will need
encouragement, advice and understanding.I packed on most of this weight when I injured
my leg in a home accident.It took over 2 years for my leg to completely heal.I was still
walking with a very noticible limp when I first joined ATS.I will be celebrating my 4th year
here this july.
I want to thank everybody and also warn everybody that I might get a little difficult when my
body has depleted all of my Little Debbies' from my system.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Good work.

I ran out of money 2 days ago, and it looks like for the foreseeable future it's going to be no beer for me..

I've been trying to quit on and off lately so it's not a completely unwelcome thing to happen.

I'm already agitated, and didn't sleep last night. Withdrawals are soooo fun

So we are in a similar boat. Good luck to you, and good luck to me.

I will probably be avoiding this site the next week or so, but I'll stop by to see if you are suffering as much as me, haha, better to suffer in groups. But no I hope you have an easy time of it, I just know I won't.

edit on 2/18/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Positive prayers and vibes coming your way:up

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I think it is wonderful that you are going to eat healthier and exercise; you are inspiring me too!

I have some suggestions for you; buy some of your favorite veggies that you like to eat raw and put them in the bowel that used to contain the Debbies. Also remember to drink water and a lot of it.

I find that exercising in the morning hours is best; I get energized for the day.

Plus do not skip breakfast. It is best to eat protein in the morning. Eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism; add some exercise to the mix in the morning and you burn calories.

Please let us know of your progress...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If you aren't short on money I would try juicing for a little while.
You can loose 1 to 2 lbs a day depending on how much you have to lose.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Kudos to you, Mamabeth. You are going to feel so much better with your new attitude, and health.

I highly recommend you read the link in my sig, on the Lipo-C. The link is to the Cliff Notes version of the huge thread on Lipo-C. It's easy to make. I lost 20 lbs in the first month taking 2 ounces a day. I leveled off to my perfect wight. It curbs your appetite like you wouldn't believe, and gives you incredible energy. It's Mama Nature's natural diet pill.

Plus the other benefits are amazing. PM me with any questions you may have...Good Luck on your Journey to the New You!

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I can read a lot of conviction in your desires and goals, and that you feel there are so many right and good reasons to stay in a forward moving direction of those goals. Just keep thinking, feeling, and writing those desires as much as possible... after a while it becomes that negative things become more and more non existent... maybe even little Debbie too!

I have noticed that my diet directly effects my moods, and everything is so much more easy going when I eat plain natural foods. I attempt to cut relationships with little Debbie as well and have found likely success with wanting all the good things that come from natural foods... and not putting a finish line in sight.

Just doing what you want and for your reasons is what's most important! Who cares about what someone else sets for you as a standard or goal?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My husband will be joining me on this new diet.I am cutting out white sugar,flour,rice and
breads.I will be juicing, making smoothies and having lean meats and salads.I will have
to get used to making oil and vinegar dressing.I like bleu cheese,ranch and sweet french
dressings.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Drink a lot of liquids it will make your stomach feel full without all the calories of food. i`m not on a diet (don`t need to) but i drink a lot of tea and juice to feel full to stop from snacking on things that aren`t good for me.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

That is another thing I will be quitting on as well...coffee!
I will be drinking green tea,white tea and oolong tea.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

As Jibby might have said, "May the force be with you". I applaud your resolve.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Tardacus

That is another thing I will be quitting on as well...coffee!
I will be drinking green tea,white tea and oolong tea.

Nooooo not coffee. I would die with out my coffee , or need tooth picks in my eyes to keep them open.

Best of luck to you on your diet .

Many years ago I stopped drinking sodas, bleached sugar . I think the real secret is keeping active

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Another thing that I will be cutting out of my diet is alcohol.
I discovered this southern-style 30 proof eggnog in december.
I have drank 7 bottles since december.My husband started
calling me an alcky.
I did deserve that,I was tapping on the bottom of the bottle
trying to get the last few drops,when he walked in the kitchen
and caught me.I have 2 bottles left and I am saving them for
the future.
So far,I will be cutting out...snack cakes,coffee,alcohol,white
flour,rice,sugar.I sure hope those vitamin powders that I ordered
are not just hype.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Keep at it Mambeth. You've got the first step down, you want change. Just a couple of quick pointers if I may from someone who has done it before.

It's not so much about what you eat, more how much and when. Change your eating habits to include times and amounts in addition to types of food. Don't try to completely abolish all fat inducing foods from your diet at once though, gradually cut them down or look at low-carb or low-fat alternatives to try.

Don't overdo it. Many people think they have to run a marathon every day to lose weight. 1/2 to an hour a day is fine, gradually step up until your body learns to cope with it. Also work out what types of exercise you want to do in order to get to your goal. Cardio and high and light rep exercises are best for weight loss.

Cravings will turn you into the devil. Thing is, don't totally deny yourself that occasional treat. Just don't overdo it. If you feel like something you know is bad, just have a small amount. After a while your body will turn off to junk.

You've done the right thing by getting your husband on board, motivation is a key factor. There will be days where you just can't be stuffed, and a second person will kick you in the proverbial, and get you moving.

Hope this helps a little.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

When I used to bake my own cookies and snack cakes,
I felt better and didn't seem to have sugar spikes and dips.
That's when I was baking oatmeal and peanut butter cookies.
I don't use white sugar,only brown sugar when baking.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Day one without Little Debbies...I have done ok so far.I ransacked my kitchen
for anything sweet that I could nibble on.I found some chocolate bars that were
hidden inside my freezer.I only ate 1/2 and put the rest back into the freezer.

I have had a lot of water to drink and my back teeth are asking for a life preserver.
I really have enjoyed seeing the inside of my bathroom about 4 times an hour.

That was 1/2 a single chocolate bar,not 1/2 of the package!
edit on 19-2-2013 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Don't fool yourselves, it's all about what you eat, exercise is futile and dangerous to an over weight person.

Be very careful doing exercise when you're over weight, easy to injure yourself as the body is not accustomed to all the extra weight, diet should be first and foremost.

I lost 80lbs in less than one year by changing my diet alone, no exercise, just stay away from processed and refined foods.

The foods you should stick with are the ones you'll find that are on the low glycemic index, eat as much as you want of those foods. Vegetables are great, lots of energy too.

Also try to take coconut oil for health, my Mom uses it instead of her diabetes pills and it works marvelously.
www.hybridrastamama.com...

It is very difficult, use liposamal vitamin C to help with the cravings, it works for addicts.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The best advice I ever got, even though it is a cliche it is 110% true. Abs are made in the kitchen. Just try to limit your bread to the lowest intake because bread makes you fat and your good same for meat. Fact meat takes 3 days to digest hence leads to constipation or digestive issues.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrillion

Thank-you for your post...I have been reading the labels on products
that we eat.I can't eat anything that is baked in a factory.I need to get
off my lazy behind and get back in the kitchen baking my own stuff.
When I baked my own cookies,I would eat 2 or 3 then I had enough.

I am going to cut down on red meat and eat more fish and chicken.
I am going to start juicing and making smoothies.I haven't yet,I am
getting myself used to drinking more water,less coffee and more tea.
I did discover that I would snack more when drinking coffee while sitting
at my desk in front of my computer.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm also trying to lose weight too, I actually started about 3 years ago with Wiifit and had to stop that about a year ago because school got way to stressful. Anyway I recently found a new exercise program that is supposed to help you lose alot of weight and it might help you a bit too.

www.ddpyoga.com...

The guy was a professional wrestler but the program is legit, alot of celebrities and athletes use the program too. If you were or are a wrestling fan and know who Jake the Snake Roberts is, he is also on the program and for about 100 days now he's been sober (which he's been on drugs for like 30 years) and he also lost alot of weight too. The best thing about this exercise is that it's easy on your joints to no running or stuff like that.

www.youtube.com...

If you do sign up they send you a link to a support site where you can talk to other people also trying to lose weight and are on different steps of the program.

new topics

top topics

join