N. Korea tested long-range missile engine before nuke blast:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

N. Korea tested long-range missile engine before nuke blast:

english.yonhapnews.co.kr

Pyongyang carried out a function test of the engine for its long-range "KN-08" missiles on the Dongchang-ri launch site in North Pyongan Province on Monday, according to multiple government sources.

"It appears that North Korea conducted the engine test aimed at extending the range of the KN-08 missile to over 5,000 kilometers," said a source. He declined to be identified.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/18/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

(Reuters) - North Korea has told its key ally, China, that it is prepared to stage one or even two more nuclear tests this year in an effort to force the United States into diplomatic talks, said a source with direct knowledge of the message.

www.reuters.com...

NK did warn NATO + UN that it would conduct new Nuclear tests if any more sanctions were passed. We'll see how that comes to pass.

They seem to be testing SMALLER Nuclear Weapons (only 4.9 in Ricther scale) with LARGER missiles (One that launched Satellite last month). Well.. All signs point to ICBM creation and testing.

Admadinjihad must be having a field day at his morning briefings laughing at the Obama Administration.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-2-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-2-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

They just tested one about a week ago that was smaller, but with double the force of their 2009 test.

They are planning more? It seems like they are just thumbing their noses at the rest of the world. Even China isn't too happy with their recent testing.

It described the test as a "self-defensive measure" necessitated by the "continued hostility" of the US. Its main ally, China, criticized the test, which was condemned worldwide.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
ffs not more weapons testing!!! this is going to cause war, guaranteed Obama will go kissing china and south Korea arse then Britain and rest of eu will see what they can take from north Korea then if its worth it, nuke the bejibas out of them. we will get hit then have a heavily radiated planet with no land or sustainable resources not to mention the illness from the fall out of these weapons. for the love of life can we not just leave north Korea to play with their toys?
edit on 18/02/2013 by leopardpimps because: typo as always =)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by leopardpimps

Uhm, don't you mean NORTH Korea? South Korea is a US ally and has been for a long time.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
More weapons tests to see if they can get the design right for a icbm that can reach the US.

Time to see if some of those star wars weapons are up to snuff which i hope, they are.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

thanks for pointing that out got carried away there and put south lol!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i am aware south Korea is buddy's with the u.s hence my point saying the E.U will become involved

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I read a article that a rep from North Korea was in China and told the Chinese that they plan to do at least two-three more tests this year alone. They are trying to force the U.S into sanction talks. Let me try to find the article...

ETA: here we go found the article and I'll post a snippet.

North Korea has told its key ally, China, that it is prepared to stage one or even two more nuclear tests this year in an effort to force the United States into diplomatic talks, said a source with direct knowledge of the message.

Source

-SAP-
edit on 18-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'd say forget "diplomatic talks". Our defense network is more than capable of protecting us from one or two missiles from NK. Let them whine and pound the table. Attacking the US would mean suicide for them.

I can't see china or russia standing up for them when they throw the first punch.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I'm much more concerned about 'lil Un's saber rattling than I am about Ahmadinejad's. NK is going to surprise everyone by doing something foolish. A starving nation with a 23 y/o leader with nukes is deeply concerning. Especially, if he's never been to N. America. But I have a plan!

Jong-un was described by classmates as a shy child who was awkward with girls, indifferent to political issues but distinguished himself in sports, and had a fascination with the American National Basketball Association and Michael Jordan.

I say invite the lil bastard to the United states for a basketball game. Show him a good time, rub elbows with Michael Jordan & Kobe Bryant, stay a few days. That's all anyone's gotta do. Until he's 40...
edit on 18-2-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I thought he was more or so 29-30? but they're unsure of his actual age.. North Korea isn't stable at all.. it's messed up, how they spend more on defense than actually feeding there country..wait, them and USA are kind of alike..

that aside, they're a country the world needs to watch, if anything they're threatening world peace, being so isolated.. there goal to launch a missile to the states, is scary.. I know it wouldn't make it there and USA and i'm pretty sure the world would fk up NK..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

might be trying to get a missile that would be able to reach SF Ca, www.happyzebra.com... from the link

5952.8 Miles or at 9580.1 Kilometers
it does put one close to Hawaii

4631.7 Miles or
( 7454 Kilometers / 4022.2 Nautical Miles )
they still have work to do wonder if it put one in japan? yep it does with out a problem

Distance from Pyongyang to Tokyo is:
806.8 Miles
( 1298.4 Kilometers / 700.6 Nautical Miles )
with this data; Hitting the USA is the only reason they would want to have a missile that can go that far.

edit on 18-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

You're right, he's 30. My bad. Got lazy with the fact checking. But still, he's not a "mature" 30 that's for sure. Much more volatile of a nation just with that alone. All eyes need to be on NK for sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I find this odd for the KN-08 does have the range of 10,000 now is this the Kn-08 or is this a different one? www.nti.org... from the link

July 31, 2012

Melissa Hanham

Research Associate at Monterey Institute of International Studies
North Korean TEL North Korean TEL
KCNA

Much to the surprise of North Korea watchers, six Chinese Transporter-Erector-Launchers (TELs) showed up in downtown Pyongyang on 15 April 2012. Initial interest focused on the six new — and possibly fake — road-mobile intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) displayed in the military parade honoring founding father Kim Il Sung (missiles known outside of North Korea as the KN-08). [1] However, the vehicles carrying the missiles may ultimately have the most immediate impact on regional nonproliferation efforts. Chinese bloggers quickly observed that the trucks carrying the missiles were externally identical to Chinese-made vehicles. This revelation holds significant consequences for nonproliferation efforts in the region.
and to the range, oh yea they were thought to fakes

While previously content to threaten South Korea and most of Japan with hundreds of short- and medium-range ballistic missiles, North Korea is now engaged in testing longer range systems such as the Unha (Paektusan/Taepodong) with an estimated range of 4,000-8,000 kilometers — though rarely and without success. [2] Pyongyang has also at least nominally displayed the KN-08, the design for which could have a range of 10,000 kilometers depending on payload. [3] However, it is very likely that the KN-08s displayed by Pyongyang on 15 April were "fakes;" what kind of fakes they might be remains heavily debated. While some researchers like Markus Schiller and Robert Schmucker argue that the missiles are complete fantasy, other researchers like Jeffrey Lewis and Nick Hansen see them as design mockups, much as was the case with the Taepodong ICBM. [4] However, more than the missiles' alleged range, it is the road-mobile design that raises concern in the United States and elsewhere. Just before leaving office, U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates made a now-not-so-cryptic comment:

"North Korea now constitutes a direct threat to the United States. The president told [China's] President Hu that last year. They are developing a road-mobile ICBM. I never would have dreamed they would go to a road-mobile before testing a static ICBM. It's a huge problem. As we've found out in a lot of places, finding mobile missiles is very tough." [5]

DPRK has come a long ways , would you agree?

edit on 18-2-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
little Un going to be upset know very upset english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

EU slaps tougher sanctions against N. Korea nuke test
BRUSSELS, Feb. 18 (Yonhap) -- The European Union governments agreed on Monday to tighten sanctions against North Korea for its recent nuclear test, diplomats in Brussels said.

Despite repeated international warnings, North Korea conducted its third nuclear test by detonating what it called a miniaturized atomic device on Feb. 12, drawing a chorus of worldwide condemnations and prompting the international community to begin devising sterner punishments against it. The North also conducted nuclear tests in 2006 and 2009.

After a meeting in Brussels, 27 EU foreign ministers decided to impose "more comprehensive and stronger" sanctions against Pyongyang, including financial and trading sanctions, asset freezes and travel bans, according to the diplomats.
will we see an other test? will Un unleash the dogs of war on the south? Will the US put up with an other test? Stay tuned for more form Un, the little brat form the North.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The KN-08 currently has a range of between 2500 and 6000 km, depending on payload. It's currently an LRICBM, with plans to become an ICBM if they can get a reliable engine mounted that can give it the range. It probably won't be able to carry much of a payload that far though.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

yea, but can these even get off the ground
We've seen NK fail before and it will probably be the same..Why wage war on south, that's how messed up there country is and needs to get dealt with, take out their Gov. and I swear NK would be an awesome place to live.. It's to bad the people have to suffer cause of their Gov.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hmmm,.
EMP in America anyone??
Just imagine...
also to note: Iran DID just buy a sub that is SOMEWHERE,..
wonder if it would shoot Missiles.................

Get close enough to the shore with a Nuke loaded missile and poof.. away goes our lifestyle..
edit on 18-2-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

want to know a secret, a lot of the highly classified and special areas are EMP proof

top topics

<<   2 >>

join