It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Fireball,Meteor Reported This Time In Saudi Arabia, What's with all the fireballs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Another Fireball,Meteor Reported Time In Saudi Arabia

Ok i am not trying to fear mongering anyone but i do have a a serious question, what's with all the fireballs? There were sightings in CA, FL and Cuba and now Saudi Arabia.

Just watch the video it sure doesn't look like an Meteor. I believe these coming months we might expect more.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

All of this meteor activity just within the past week has me concerned! I usually don't fall into the fear mongered type, but it has me wondering I can tell you that!!

Unfortunately we only hear about this from each other on ATS and you won't hear the media discussing all the activity recently.....

Great job ATS, it is awesome to hear all news no matter if MSM is reporting on it or not!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am going with what I posted in this thread...

Originally posted by UberL33t
I believe these events have always happened and as other posters have mentioned it's merely a matter of the speed at which news travels and the fact that it's the current "hot topic" (no pun intended).

Does anyone recall a few years back when Shark Attacks were all the rage and the MSM was reporting every Shark Attack that was occurring. Although they are on the rise due to human population growth and more infringing on the Shark's habitat it is nothing extraordinarily out of the ordinary.

How many people are attacked each year by sharks?

Worldwide there is an average of 50-70 shark attacks every year. The number of attacks has been increasing over the decades as a result of increased human populations and the use of the oceans for recreational activity. As long as humans continue to enter the sharks' environment, there will be shark attacks.

Source: Florida Museum of Natural History

Now take an excerpt from this article as a similar example (emphasis added)...

Overview of the sizes and frequencies of meteorites hitting the earth's atmosphere

The rate of meteors by weight, coming in contact with with the Earth's atmosphere is termed meteor flux. The smallest particles, called micrometeorites, are a few microns in diameter and don't tend to burn or melt but slow and settle to the Earth's surface as dust. Meteors of a few centimeters or less tend to heat up and glow and appear as shooting stars but melt or evaporate before hitting the Earth's surface. Meteors of greater than a few centimeters are called meteoroids until impacting the Earth when they are termed meteorites.

Most of the mass of meteor flux is micrometeorites. Objects of 1 micron land on the Earth at a rate of over 2 million per minute. Meteorites of 1 mm reach the surface at about 2 per minute. An object of 1 meter in diameter impacts with the Earth about once a year. Larger meteorites, such as the Tunguska event in 1908 estimated at 20-60 meters in diameter, or Meteor Crater in Arizona estimated at 30 meters, occur about once in 5,000 to 10,000 years.

Catastrophic impacts of 1 kilometer diameter can occur about once in a million years. And a 10 kilometer object could impact every 100 million years. These are climate changing, mass extinction events like the Chicxulub impact event of 65 million years ago thought to be responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Full Article

Makes sense to me anyway, as long as the Earth flies through space, there will be meteors that hit it, and always have.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Was posted earlier buddy, the threads disappeared from My ATS or Id'a linked it. this will probably get 404'd too

As for the video I'm going to say its a plane, you can see the separated contrails. Looks like perfect weather conditions for them too

edit on 18-2-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think its just the contrail of a plane reflected by the sun. I could be mistaken though.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

How can it be a plane? if its coming down at that speed. And really it was already posted? i didn't noticed.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That looks like a plane to me

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This could be operation brittle plate, in which certain organizations are testing control and capture techniques for non terrestrial objects, whether it for resource extraction or orbit manipulation.

I believe they tried and failed recently and these "fireballs" are actually obsolete satellites they are practicing these maneuvers on.

Or just more meteorites ofcourse

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It's not going down. It's flying horizontally.
It's called perspective.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I posted it this morning.

Thread ended up being a total fail so it got 404'd.

its an airplane by the way

edit on 18-2-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

I posted it this morning.

Thread ended up being a total fail so it got 404'd.

its an airplane by the way

edit on 18-2-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the update and clarification, sorry if i had posted.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
While I am concerned with the frequency of recent fireballs, I believe that video to be from Syria, it's a Syrian Air Force jet, those are Al CIAduh financed rebels in the background chanting, and you can also hear automatic gunfire...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Another Fireball,Meteor Reported Time In Saudi Arabia

Ok i am not trying to fear mongering anyone but i do have a a serious question, what's with all the fireballs?

There are normally several every day. Many don't even get seen. Those that do don't get widely reported because, well, they're not all that unusual ...... If it wasn't for the Russian meteorite I guarantee you'd have never heard of this one (even if it wasn't just a slightly more common plane)

www.amsmeteors.org...

For 2011 there are 4589 fireballs records at the American Meteor Society.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-2-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Just watch the video it sure doesn't look like an Meteor. I believe these coming months we might expect more.

You are correct it isn't a meteor, and you are correct you might expect more in fact if the conditions are right you may see them daily.

They are tricky little devils them contrails...

I can't say for sure, but it sounds like they may have tried shooting at it..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
so what was that loud bang was that the supposed meteor or a the poster above said ,someone shooting at it?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
so what was that loud bang was that the supposed meteor or a the poster above said ,someone shooting at it?

You know what your right and even though still deciding whatever or not if it was an Plane or Fireball.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

You know what your right and even though still deciding whatever or not if it was an Plane or Fireball.

well, I watched it again and it could very well be a plane and the banging could very well be gunfire off in the distance

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's not going down. It's flying horizontally.
It's called perspective.

Phage there is a need to sort out if there is any jiggery pockery going on, some of the cloud banks are high looking, others could be low and just scudding by, I agree the path is horizontal though and mostly looks like a contrail.

top topics

join