It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who think my

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Offended by my seething hatred of fundamentalism?
I am more than justified in doing so. Why?
I spent most of my life in a benighted region of this nation which wants to see prosperity but hates change --"Hope it gets better, but I don't want no change" is the battlecry around here. This bastion of christian fundamentalism hates anyone with whom they did not grow up -- how antiChristian can you get? Thinking themselves "saved" they talk about christians being prosperous -- such areas have never seen prosperity and have been termed "the Third World of the U.S." and rightly so. They can only live in the past -- something which is a sin against God and nature -- and wonder why they are behind the rest of the nation. Ignorance for such people is a cherished family heirloom. The very things for which they receive ridicule from the rest of the world are the very things they see as their heritage and proudly so.
Having been born and lived among them, the ignorance, hate, poverty, and complaining (all of which are their own choices) becomes very depressing. Any ideas or policies which could bring such people into the present and into some degree of prosperity is, to them, anathemna.
I have as good a reason to harbor a seething hatered of redneck fundamentalists as the Israelis do for the Nazis. They decry Darwinism (survival of the fittest) and yet something called "social Darwinism" is, for them, God's way. Yet it is this very policy which keeps them in bondage to austerity. Yes, I have a good and valid reason to hate such troglodytes. Hell, these are people who literally and honestly put discarded bathroom toilets in their front yards as planters!

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You make a good point, by the way welcome to ATS.
here at ATS we may argue with other, some times down right get violent as a keyboard can allow. But very rarely will you be by yourself. With so many different views comeing together in one place, its obvious why so many of us keep comeing back.

I havn't seen a more down to earth(ok some excluded)group of nuts.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
"I am more than justified in doing so."

Damn right you are.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeah, I have lived there, too.

"If ya ain't from here, ya oughtn't a come here".

I have lived in that town in Michigan, and Massachussetts, and Mississippi, and Nevada, and California, and New Mexico...

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.... Welcome to ATS I hope you learn a thing or two while your here

new topics

top topics

join