Sure sick of it now

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Every time on Home page, someone is reloading the content and I have to go back to the top to find to where what I was reading has been moved now.

Also in New Topics, those d*mned spinning black circles go on and on and on and never load any info--stop, refresh,---same thing!

ATS is getting very close to a friggin' waste of my time..

--for all the good I get from it!

Maybe it's run by the illumina now?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I get the same problem,
If I delete cookies it generally speeds up, try the computer help forum those guys are amazing

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
Also in New Topics, those d*mned spinning black circles go on and on and on and never load any info--stop, refresh,---same thing!

Very much agree with this bit.

I was contemplating a rant about it, myself.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

I find the content on the site valuable. It seems worth it to me to put up with a few minor bugs in the medium of delivery.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Every time on Home page, someone is reloading the content and I have to go back to the top to find to where what I was reading has been moved now.

It's funny you say that, i was just about to write a rant about how every time i go onto the homepage someone is reloading and how sick i was of those damned spinning circles went i got booted off when trying to post...

It must have been you writing your rant

Nooo, seriously though, i have noticed this also over the last week or so, maybe it also has something to do with the huge success of ATS?

Kindest respects

Rodnus

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think it is unfortunate that you feel this way; maybe it is just a momentary feeling? Because...you are frustrated by computer and/or website problems.

ATS is a good website; I suggest not giving up on it.

However...if you want to leave no one can stop you; I wish you well on all your life's journeys.

As for ATS being run by the Illuminati; I say a big no to that. Do you have proof that it is?

edit on 18-2-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I also have noticed that the pages seem to be loading much slower than usual.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

That's the breaks, fella. That will happen on an active site--all of them, not just aTS.

Try this. Let them spin a bit, then hit the "X" on your browser to stop the activity. About half the time the data will fill in just fine. If that doesn't work, stop the activity and go somewhere else, such as MyATS, then hit New Topics again. usually it will work.

No one has yet to give a satisfactory and definitive answer to why this happens, though there are a lot of theories. Also try another browser.

Then why on Earth do you continue to come here?
edit on 2/18/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)
edit on 2/18/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm thousands of miles away from ATS servers and still have no problems with loading.
You should check your machine and/or internet connection before starting to cry about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think the problem is that the 'new topics' page downloads all the adverts first.

The bottom right hand corner of my browser displays what it is downloading, and it always seems to be an advert that it gets stuck on.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I never have a problem like that. Once you learn all the tricks the internet is a much better place.
edit on 18-2-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

why bother with the home page?
just go straight to the new topics page

and as for this

ATS is getting very close to a friggin' waste of my time.. --for all the good I get from it!

like someone above said, then why bother coming here?
a page is a bit slow to load?
check your computer

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
I think the problem is that the 'new topics' page downloads all the adverts first.

The bottom right hand corner of my browser displays what it is downloading, and it always seems to be an advert that it gets stuck on.

This is the crux of it. Ad loading from a server is usually inefficient to say the least. Add to that, one bad piece of code can halt the whole works. Bandwidth is another issue, both sending and receiving. It's annoying as hell, but it takes both sender and receiver to fix it.

OP. Try another browser such as Firefox, or Chrome. Also make sure your computer is clean and optimized. Use an anti-virus that has low bandwidth requirements. Like MS Security Essentials. If you have Norton, turn off the Norton toolbar. In fact, if you have toolbars at all, get rid of them. They are worthless, and cause browser problems. And lastly, use "Ccleaner", and clean out your cookies, temp files, and cache.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
ATS is probably just busier than usual. You can't beat a good 'Pope/Meteor' story to bring 'em out of the woodwork!
Hitting the reload button works for me

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thanks for the reply, so much nicer that some of the posts on this page.

The link it always ( for me) hangs up on is ad.yieldmanager.com and a quick search suggests that it's a problem for a lot of sites, not just ATS.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I use the fire - hose as my home page for here. Ever since the site underwent the changes a while ago, I have had the same refresh complaint. I barely get six titles read, then it refreshes. If it is a busy day here, you have to stop, relocate where you left off, and start again. If I knew of a way to turn off the refresh feature to manual, I'd be on it like white on rice.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The loading lags are probably caused by "quantserve" tracking cookies (owned by "quantcast") which is linked to the site advertising I think. It's how they know which adverts to put on your viewed pages as everyone is targetted differently depending on their browsing history.

Loading times are probably dependant on how your browser handles these kind of 3rd party operations, eg, security settings, cookies, advertising etc.

"Quantserve" is harmless but a type of spyware imo.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
in firefox check 'warn me when website try to redirect or reload the page'.

that stops them from reloading automatically

then hit 'refresh' whenever you want
edit on 18-2-2013 by tinhattribunal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Thanks for the tip.

new topics
top topics

join